Sign in to follow this  
OnePhilT

General Election 2019

General Election 2019 Poll  

70 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will you be voting for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • SNP
    • Liberal Democrat
    • DUP
    • Green Party
    • Independent Group for Change
    • Brexit Party
    • UKIP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Independent candidate
    • Other

Might be worth splitting this off into a separate subject to Brexit now that the time is nearing. Enter the BRFCS voting poll and discuss! I've listed most of the parties standing, but not all. I think a Mod may have to edit the list if people want additional options. The poll is anonymous.

Edited by OnePhilT

The Electoral Reform Society is reporting a sharp jump in voter registrations - up 38 per cent - compared to the last election in 2017, with 72% under the age of 35. Labour likely to benefit most from the increased numbers of young voters, says ERS

Probably Labour tbh. Could change, but that's how I lean at the moment.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

The Electoral Reform Society is reporting a sharp jump in voter registrations - up 38 per cent - compared to the last election in 2017, with 72% under the age of 35. Labour likely to benefit most from the increased numbers of young voters, says ERS

Hope springs eternal!

4 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

40% Tory win at the moment lol

Childish. Everybody can read the polls, its been obvious since forever that the Tories will be the biggest party in the Commons.

The only issue in doubt is whether they can gain an overall majority and form government.

NOBODY on here thinks Corbyn can get a majority.

25 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Last week they were inventing websites putting out fake news.

Yesterday Central Office rolled out the chief rabbi

Today, the Tories were playing dirty trick again. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50558306

They're getting desperate

Nobodies mentioned Michael Heseltine advising the Tories not to vote Tory.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

But it's not all about me and what I really want is to get rid of my mp so I'll be voting tactically if I only know who has the best chance of running him close. I dont think they'll beat him but if the 2 together lib dems and labour can poll over 50% it would be a brilliant result. 

Voting Tory for the reasons I have highlighted yesterday. 

Corbyn again tonight refused to apologise to the Jewish people over anti-Semitism tonight on the Andrew Neil show 4 times. appalling attitude

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/jeremy-corbyn-refuses-to-apologise-four-times-for-anti-semitism-allegations-in-bbc-interview/ar-BBXnsBE?ocid=spartanntp

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Corbyn again tonight refused to apologise to the Jewish people over anti-Semitism tonight on the Andrew Neil show 4 times. appalling attitude

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/jeremy-corbyn-refuses-to-apologise-four-times-for-anti-semitism-allegations-in-bbc-interview/ar-BBXnsBE?ocid=spartanntp

You sound a bit hysterical

what has he said that’s anti Semitic Chaddy? I’m genuinely open to it. Get googling quickly.

weve all heard Johnsons racist comments many times.

Edited by den

Just now, den said:

what has he said that’s anti Semitic Chaddy? I’m genuinely open to it. Get googling quickly.

weve all heard Johnsons racist comments many times.

His party, he the leader of party. Its down to him to stamp it out. He hasnt. Look at the list that Old Darwen Blue posted last night. 

Did you not seen the Ryan Jacobs on question time who asked him the anti Semitisc? 

I live in a constituency with a 18,000+ labour majority but I find myself disagreeing with the way my MP (Rachael Maskell) votes on certain issues (against the extension of abortion rights in Northern Ireland and abstaining on same sex marriage).

I’ve never voted anything but Labour all the way back to Greg Pope in 1997 and I will never vote Tory, but these last three years have left me weary of politics and politicians, and there’s the fear that no matter what I vote, the country will choose the most self-damaging option. I probably won’t know how I’ll vote until I get in the booth and see the list.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

how many times has Boris  Apologised for his for hist racist comments and comments to women mp's over receiving  death threats?

Edited by jodrell

4 minutes ago, jodrell said:

how many times has Boris  Apologised for his for hist racist comments and comments to women mp's over receiving  death threats?

Always looking to spin it back to Boris Johnson and his comments instead of focusing on Corbyn comments. 

Maybe run for MP office.

Edited by chaddyrovers

It is funny how Boris refuses to apologies for the clearly islamaphobic comments that he and some of his colleagues have made over the last 2 years but that isn't really picked up by the media.  Corbyn equally was horrifc during the interview last night.

As a muslim, I see so much islamaphobia in this country on a daily basis, it is almost as though people feel that it is acceptable to make islamaphobic comments.  What people do not realise is that those that want to cite hatred, want to influence the young or the vunerable to do the most horrific things, use what is said as a tool to recruit. 

Always looking to spin it back to Boris Johnson and his comments instead of focusing on Corbyn comments. 

Maybe run for MP office.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

His party, he the leader of party. Its down to him to stamp it out. He hasnt. Look at the list that Old Darwen Blue posted last night. 

Did you not seen the Ryan Jacobs on question time who asked him the anti Semitisc? 

Do you have any thoughts of your own, or do you just use confirmation bias for your opinions? It certainly seems like the latter, to me.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe run for MP office.

Its spun back on Johnson here partly because the press refuse to hold him and his party accountable for the appalling things they have said and done over recent years and partly because you are so much into him, st boris who does no wrong, that people feel they have to challenge you. I've not seen anyone here champion Corbyn in the way that you champion Johnson. The fact is that if Labour get anywhere near the Tories they'll have done it in spite of having a leader few people like and against the will of the majority of the media which will be a pretty damning indictment of the Tory party as a whole and Johnson as its leader. 

Just now, K-Hod said:

Do you have any thoughts of your own, or do you just use confirmation bias for your opinions? It certainly seems like the latter, to me.

Corbyn has had this problem for 3 years now. He hasnt done anything to solve it. 

I have plenty of my thoughts of my own K-Hos thanks but plenty of ppl on here agree with me. Me and Old Darwen Blue very much agree on many things. 

Did you not seen my post where I outlined the reasons and why I voting Tory