Sign in to follow this  
OnePhilT

General Election 2019

General Election 2019 Poll  

70 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will you be voting for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • SNP
    • Liberal Democrat
    • DUP
    • Green Party
    • Independent Group for Change
    • Brexit Party
    • UKIP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Independent candidate
    • Other

Just now, gumboots said:

Its spun back on Johnson here partly because the press refuse to hold him and his party accountable for the appalling things they have said and done over recent years and partly because you are so much into him, st boris who does no wrong, that people feel they have to challenge you. I've not seen anyone here champion Corbyn in the way that you champion Johnson. The fact is that if Labour get anywhere near the Tories they'll have done it in spite of having a leader few people like and against the will of the majority of the media which will be a pretty damning indictment of the Tory party as a whole and Johnson as its leader. 

Yet again you spin it back to Johnson instead of focusing on the comments of Corbyn and the interview he did on Andrew Neil show. Have you seen the interview? 

Ive not even mention Johnson tho. He hasnt done an interview yet with Andrew Neil yet. Andrew Neil is a very good at his job. Thats 2 leaders he made look very poor. I would imagine Johmson will be 3. 

Not watched any of it, tbh. 
Was it just as embarrassing as working class folk thinking that billionaires controlling the media, that aregistered overseas have got their back?

Just now, K-Hod said:

Not watched any of it, tbh. 
Was it just as embarrassing as working class folk thinking that billionaires controlling the media, that aregistered overseas have got their back?

You should watch it.

Sturgeon was destroyed.

Corbyn was obliterated.

tbf I ain't looking forward to Boris next week. These interviews are brutal.

If you saw the Boris / Corbyn debate it was a boring pointless waste of time.

Andrew Neil on the other hand is unmissable. 30 mins of no holds barred no time wasting brutality.

I promise to give a fair appraisal of Boris's corpse next week.

I've got a lot of time for Nick Robinson from the BBC, I think hes generally fair and balanced in the main, but the line taken on the waspi women's pensions this morning with Richard Burgon on radio 4 was extremely poor. He went on to blame the women for not keeping up with current affairs for the reason why they'd not saved enough, all in all a very poor line of questioning from Robinson on a day when it should have been easy to pick holes without coming across as a complete arse.

The leaders debates only have one winner in this election and that will be Andrew Neil, with Boris set to be hammered on Islamophobia and numerous policy fibs and fables its clear Andrew is the only winner here. 

7 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

You should watch it.

Sturgeon was destroyed.

Corbyn was obliterated.

tbf I ain't looking forward to Boris next week. These interviews are brutal.

If you saw the Boris / Corbyn debate it was a boring pointless waste of time.

Andrew Neil on the other hand is unmissable. 30 mins of no holds barred no time wasting brutality.

I promise to give a fair appraisal of Boris's corpse next week.

Boris has yet to confirm that he will do the interview (according to Neil's twitter).  I guess for him it is a judgment on what will do more damage, not appearing or appearing and getting obliterated.

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

His party, he the leader of party. Its down to him to stamp it out. He hasnt. Look at the list that Old Darwen Blue posted last night. 

Did you not seen the Ryan Jacobs on question time who asked him the anti Semitisc? 

You can’t find any anti Semitic quotes from Corbyn. That’s the answer to my question.

as for the Labour Party in general not dealing with these anti Semitic charges quickly enough, well they have acknowledged that they haven’t done.

so your point again is what?

Just now, den said:

You can’t find any anti Semitic quotes from Corbyn. That’s the answer to my question.

as for the Labour Party in general not dealing with these anti Semitic charges quickly enough, well they have acknowledged that they haven’t done.

so your point again is what?

Corbyn should have lend on the issue and kick anyone out found guilty of anti Semitic charges out of the party. But he hasnt. 

Dont you get all defensive when we discuss Corbyn but very different when it about Johnson. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Corbyn should have lend on the issue and kick anyone out found guilty of anti Semitic charges out of the party. But he hasnt. 

Dont you get all defensive when we discuss Corbyn but very different when it about Johnson. 

As I’ve said, but you must not have read it, Corbyn has acknowledged that the allegations weren’t dealt with quickly enough. I think everyone knows that Labour were lacking on those points.

So what’s your point? How has your party dealt with Islamaphobia?

The anti-semitic "problem" has been blown out of all proportion and is used by the media as a stick with which to attack Jeremy Corbyn. Our local Labour party has never had any problems over 40 years, and a national survey of other branches found the same. There has obviously been a few bad eggs but I disagree with the decision to kick some members out who were only expressing anti-Zionist views. It seems to me some in the Jewish communuty are using anti-semitism as a means to shut down any criticism of Israel and its actions. So there I go - I've just criiticsed some Jewish people and Israel. Does that make me anti-semitic? 

Meanwhile, the Muslim Council of Great Britain's highlighting of anti-Islamism and racism in the Conservative party's yesterday has been swept under the carpet by the right wing media. One hopes that Andrew Neil will grill Johnson on the subject when the lying toad comes under the spotlight, but as Andrew Neil is a former Conservative party activist I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by jim mk2

Just now, den said:

As I’ve said, but you must not have read it, Corbyn has acknowledged that the allegations weren’t dealt with quickly enough. I think everyone knows that Labour were lacking on those points.

So why not apologise to the Jewish people then when given the perfect chance to do so? 

How many times are you supposed to say sorry?

https://labour.org.uk/press/jeremy-corbyn-letter-jewish-leaders-i-will-always-ally-fight-antisemitism/

And what if Jeremy had said sorry (yet again). The mainstream right wing media would have portrayed it as an admission that he was personally apologising for being anti-Semite, which he clearly isn't.

It also emerged today that Andrew Nei got his facts wrong (lied) when he cited the case of Holocaust denier Lesley Perrin, who, according to Neil, was only given a written warning.by the Labour party.

What actually happened was Perrin quit the party as soon as the inquiry into her conduct was opened,. so Labour didn't let her off with "just a warning", as Neil claimed, because they had no power to investigate or discipline her once she'd quit.

It's this sort of nonsense that formed the basis of anti-Corbyn hatchet jobs on the front pages of the right-wing propaganda rags today

10 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Good morning folks.

So how did you all think Jeremy did in his Andrew Neil interview ?

I haven't watched any of the previous debates and I won't be watching any subsequent ones either. They are totally pointless exercises. Just like Prime Ministers Question Time. It's always stacked in favour of the person asking the questions. They'll be well briefed on the questions and likely responses. The person being interviewed hasn't got that advantage. The only difference is in PMQ's if the Prime Minister doesn't know the answer he just waffle on and get away with it.

There's only one question for me -

Which party is intending to do something about the growing inequality in the country and the lowering expectations of a long and healthy life style ?

Your choices are - the party that has created this situation in the first place or the party that pledges to begin to tackle this problem.

I think we all know the answer to that one.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, schoey said:

Posted in the Brexit thread by mistake, but surely this should have a huge impact on voting?

No I still wouldn't vote for him. 

6 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

Corbyn is dangerous for this country. Full stop. 

Jeremy is a danger to blllionaires and other tax evaders, hence why they are petrified of him and have mobilised their friends in the right wing dirt sheets to discredit him.  5% of the population will be worse off because they will pay more tax (but not much) but 95% will be better off. 

For the 95%, it's no contest

Just now, schoey said:

Posted in the Brexit thread by mistake, but surely this should have a huge impact on voting?

Depends how much the press supress it.

Just now, old darwen blue said:

What are the odds on Neill making Swinson cry?

Same as the odds on Neill making Johnson cry (if he actually shows up).

The MRP poll conducted by yougov is predicting a 68 seat majority for the Tories.  This was the only poll that got it right last time round, even down to safe Tory seats like Canterbury being lost.  

Johnson's grilling at the hands of Andrew Neil unlikely to take place, according to sources.

I wonder what he's scared of?

Jeremy at least had the gumption to turn up.

Don't expect to see any "Scared Boris" headlines in the right wing rag press. 

46 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Johnson's grilling at the hands of Andrew Neil unlikely to take place, according to sources.

I wonder what he's scared of?

Jeremy at least had the gumption to turn up.

Don't expect to see any "Scared Boris" headlines in the right wing rag press. 

I never really expected Johnson to show up for this.

Don't expect to read Chaddy calling him a coward or chicken either.