Sign in to follow this  
OnePhilT

General Election 2019

General Election 2019 Poll  

70 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will you be voting for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • SNP
    • Liberal Democrat
    • DUP
    • Green Party
    • Independent Group for Change
    • Brexit Party
    • UKIP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Independent candidate
    • Other

4 hours ago, Paul said:

Can I ask why this poll has been closed? I can't see anything in the thread to justify the action. I wanted to vote having just spotted the thread.

@Tom @K-Hod @OnePhilT 

Thanks

The answer is that it's my mistake. I set it up incorrectly in the first place, not realising that the poll has some automatic closing date on it (or I might have set it by mistake and then forgotten about it). I asked @K-Hod via PM to amend it if possible to 12th Dec, but I'm not sure whether it can be done.

It's possible that only an Admin can do it, i.e. @J*B?

Edited by OnePhilT

I've re-opened it without any automatic close date... should be easy enough to remember to close it once the election is done. 

Just now, OnePhilT said:

The answer is that it's my mistake. I set it up incorrectly in the first place, not realising that the poll has some automatic closing date on it (or I might have set it by mistake and then forgotten about it). I asked @K-Hod via PM to amend it if possible to 12th Dec, but I'm not sure whether it can be done.

It's possible that only an Admin can do it, i.e. @J*B?

Sorry mate, I did see the message, but typed out a response and didn’t send it 😫.

10 hours ago, 47er said:

Don't expect to read Chaddy calling him a coward or chicken either.

And you were proved right. 

Just now, DE. said:

I've re-opened it without any automatic close date... should be easy enough to remember to close it once the election is done. 

I think it's allowing us to vote twice, now! That is very undemocratic. Or maybe over-democratic. 😄

Just now, OnePhilT said:

I think it's allowing us to vote twice, now! That is very undemocratic. Or maybe over-democratic. 😄

It's alright, only Johnson would stoop that low.

It's not letting me vote again, so I'm not sure!

5 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I’ll let you know if anyone has played dirty and voted twice... name and shame!

Just now, J*B said:

I’ll let you know if anyone has played dirty and voted twice... name and shame!

I tried, and it didn't work. 🤣 There's no two votes for the price of one in this forum. 😒

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

More Labour anti semitism.  Candidate suspended and nobody standing for Labour in Falkirk   Disgraceful

Anti-semitism is digraceful, I agree, but I would argue it's less Labour anti-semitism given she is no longer a member? And it demonstrates Labour's commitment to rooting out this issue now they have one fewer seat to win?

I'm depressed about what is on offer for this country. We seem to have a government and a leader who lies, misleads, makes the rich richer, makes the poor and vulnerable take the brunt of the economic burden that this country has, and cuts public services to a very dangerous bare-minimum. In the meantime, the party that is supposed to be the torchlight of championing the very and numerous people that the current government is penalising isn't light-years ahead in the polls, but behind by a huge margin. We have working-class people intending to vote Tory under the illusion that post-Brexit Britain is going to be some fantasy land whereby all of these fantastic trade deals that are apparently coming our way are going to somehow see towns like Blackburn prosper and their lifestyles improve. Do I need to pinch myself and wake up from this rationale, or do people seriously believe that this is the route to improving their lives?

In no uncertain terms do I hate our current government and the scruffy prick at the top of it. That said, I am far more angry with Corbyn and how poor he has been in championing the opposition. The problem with today's Parliament isn't so much the government as it is the incoherent and confusing opposition to it. When I look at Labour's manifesto policies, it couldn't be any further from being fit-for-purpose to working-class people when it clearly indicates how it will put more taxes on the rich to pay for improvements to public services, and yet we seem to have a working-class that hates Corbyn. Whether you think he is a stand-up guy or a drab man, he has absolutely driven Labour into the ground with poor leadership. He came into the leadership vying to change the etiquette of politics and play nicely. It hasn't worked, and was never going to. He belongs in a pressure group, not as the leader of the official opposition trying to win over the electorate. Labour is fast-becoming a pressure group, if it isn't already. He is ruining it, and perhaps the only good that will come out of this election is that he'll be gone and we'll have somebody more credible as an alternative leader to help us out of whatever Borisland becomes in five years time.

3 hours ago, schoey said:

He literally has proof in the form of the un-redacted documents?

This is ridiculous and a moot point about the NHS by Corbyn.  

If you knew what percentage of the whole NHS budget is on drugs you'd be very surprised. It's a lot lower than you'd imagine and really isn't worth all this fuss.  Nobody has seen anything from the government that says anything of the kind, Corbyn is clearly getting desperate.   

The pound closed high last night after the latest yougov poll,  a bit of certainty creeping into the system and its looking like a good majority for the Tories. Corbyn has the worst personal polling in living memory of an opposition leader

2 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Nope just the once, but it does allow you to change your mind if you click 'show voting options'.

@K-Hod @Tom @OnePhilT

Thanks guys I no longer feel disenfranchised.

I only got one vote though. 😄

10 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Because he’s the prime minister and he’s supposed to be setting the example?

Why wouldn’t he? If Neil is as good an interviewer as you say, then surely the PM and the man that wants to continue to be PM has nothing to lose?

If nothing else, it’s double standards from you. I remember you criticising Corbyn heavily for not appearing on tv previously when challenged by Johnson. Which is obviously your right, but it lacks credibility if you don’t apply the same standards across the board.

Why risk looking so poor on National TV. 

Its about winning and keeping on message now for Johnson and Tories. Why would anyone losing an election. 

9 hours ago, philipl said:

This is the graph that matters.

Shift more of those Tory Remainers out of the Tory camp and Johnson is stopped.

The more it appears Corbyn cannot win a majority, the easier it is to shift them.

image.png.39d051010c51e7101e66baea30300971.png 

Corbyn wont win a majority. he isn't electable as PM

9 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Sugar is a Tory.....what would you expect him to say?

Johnson should face Neill like the others but he won't because he "chicken, scared" ...... the words you threw at Jeremy before the election

Didn't Lord Sugar backed Labour had a proper leader in Tony Blair leading the party. He has been anti-Corbyn from day 1? 

Now cos he walked away from Labour cos of the state of the party. 

8 hours ago, schoey said:

He literally has proof in the form of the un-redacted documents?

have you read the documents? 

These talks happened before Johnson was PM

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Why risk looking so poor on National TV. 

Its about winning and keeping on message now for Johnson and Tories. Why would anyone losing an election. 

Ooo, chaddy, I can smell a bit of chicken from your Messiah. *cluck cluck PEKAAAAAAAAAAAAK* Come to think of it, Johnson does remind me of a truss turkey.

have you read the documents? 

These talks happened before Johnson was PM

You haven't read them either, then. The talks BEGAN before Boris was PM, correct (2017, in fact), but the document also references talks as recently as a few weeks ago, in Boris' tenure.

Just now, Mike E said:

You haven't read them either, then. The talks BEGAN before Boris was PM, correct (2017, in fact), but the document also references talks as recently as a few weeks ago, in Boris' tenure.

Talks ended in July 2019 Mike from what I seen. 

why would have time to read 451 pages of the document? 

Plus Lord Sugar says it BS aswell. Also PM Johnson and Hancock have said the NHS isn't for sale. Hancock said this morning that the documents only mention the NHS 4 times

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

This is ridiculous and a moot point about the NHS by Corbyn.  

If you knew what percentage of the whole NHS budget is on drugs you'd be very surprised. It's a lot lower than you'd imagine and really isn't worth all this fuss.  Nobody has seen anything from the government that says anything of the kind, Corbyn is clearly getting desperate.   

The pound closed high last night after the latest yougov poll,  a bit of certainty creeping into the system and its looking like a good majority for the Tories. Corbyn has the worst personal polling in living memory of an opposition leader

When do you think the pound will be  back where it was before the Brexit vote ?

Johnson the scared chicken who won't face Andrew Neil and Johnson the coward who refuses to discuss climate change.

Is there any chance we could vote for the ice sculpture?  At least it will definitely go away

https://www.ft.com/content/9b8d7468-11e8-11ea-a7e6-62bf4f9e548a

Give Johnson his due - at least he has self-knowledge. He knows he is a blustering liar and he knows he comes across as that.

I cannot think of any person throughout my lifetime who is more unfitted for the office of PM than this awful parody of a dodgy East End car dealer.

Talks ended in July 2019 Mike from what I seen. 

why would have time to read 451 pages of the document? 

Plus Lord Sugar says it BS aswell. Also PM Johnson and Hancock have said the NHS isn't for sale. Hancock said this morning that the documents only mention the NHS 4 times

If I told you I wasn't selling your car, but sold off the windows, mirrors, headlights, seatbelts, and wheels, I could still rightly claim I hadn't sold your car.

Worse still, if you want windows, mirrors, headlights, seatbelts, and wheels, your money goes to the person I sold the items  to every time you use them.

I expect you wouldn't be happy.

Oh and in the terms of this deal, I didn't mention the make/model of car once, let alone 4 times.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cluck, cluck, cluck, squawk. Ooh look, Johnson's laid an egg

Just now, Mike E said:

If I told you I wasn't selling your car, but sold off the windows, mirrors, headlights, seatbelts, and wheels, I could still rightly claim I hadn't sold your car.

Worse still, if you want windows, mirrors, headlights, seatbelts, and wheels, your money goes to the person I sold the items  to every time you use them.

I expect you wouldn't be happy.

Oh and in the terms of this deal, I didn't mention the make/model of car once, let alone 4 times.

Mike, We aren't ever going to agree on anything to do with Politics and the things around it. Think we can agree on this? 

I would imagine we could sit down and debate the issues with me and you. And come out disagree on each position but respect each other. Agree Mike? 

I will be voting Tory and for Sara Britcliffe Mike. I know you arent

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Cluck, cluck, cluck, squawk. Ooh look, Johnson's laid an egg

Boring Jim. 

Suggest you look at Labour Spending plans that will require more taxes from normal people and not just the 5% of the Taxpayers in the UK. 

In the fair of balance, They also said Tories would need to raise taxes or more debt. 

This comes from this The Institute for Fiscal Studies