BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Burnley Under 23's

Tomorrow sees is play that lot in the under 23 PL Cup at Ewood. As it's against that lot I thought it deserved a thread of it's own. Beating them in any game is important to me.

Hopefully we will give them a good stuffing and send them back to their cobbles sulking. I got my tickets on Monday and was told they have 500 and will be in the Darwen End over by the Riverside.

Anybody else going?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

Why weren't tickets available last night ? I was told that I would have to come back Thursday to get a ticket, even though I have a season ticket .

They are trying to ensure the game passes with minimal publicity. There's been no mention of it at Ewood before, during or after the Barnsley and Brentford games. Then they wonder why nobody turns up.

They'll be quick to report on it if we win but for now they'll be praying that only a couple of hundred turn up.

1pm on a Friday, no publicity and tickets required to get in - all to try and put people off going. 

Congratulations because I think they've managed it with me and no doubt many others who would have been there if it wasnt in the middle of a working day.

Contrast that with the youth cup game of 2011, when we promoted it extensively and attracted 10,000.

It ended up in the media as an example of one of England's oldest and greatest rivalries and a showcase for the passion of east Lancs fans.

You can't buy that kind of PR, alas that club has long gone.

• Like 2

Agree with Matty. Could easily have had a 5-8k gate on here. Burnley could've brought a thousand or so too. £2 a ticket, free for Season Ticket holders. Could've still made decent money on the bars. Lifts spirits as chances are we win the game with our superior academy team. Chance to sell some more half season tickets, promote the games at Leyland. But no. Can't even just turn up tomorrow at 1pm with a season ticket, you have to get a ticket in person by the end of the working day. So you have to be off work for two whole days to be able to go to this.

Heard originally they planned to only have this open to 1875 club members but scratched the idea. Pathetic from the club really. Would've been a great experience for the young lads too. No crowd trouble at all last season in the Lancs Senior Cup final.

19 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Heard originally they planned to only have this open to 1875 club members but scratched the idea. Pathetic from the club really. Would've been a great experience for the young lads too. No crowd trouble at all last season in the Lancs Senior Cup final.

I heard the same. I don't know what planet some people are on to come up with a suggestion that season ticket holders of 30 years without 1875 membership wouldnt be allowed on but someone who had never been to Ewood before could pay £15 for membership and get in.

Typical approach of treat your bread and butter dyed in the wool attendees like rubbish.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

surely this question for the club and for the Fans forum to ask Waggott. 

I don't know why you ask me this question

Waggott can't be trusted to give a straight answer.

More interested in having an easy day at the office than ensuring more fans can go and watch. What's the point in a football club again?

Just now, JHRover said:

Waggott can't be trusted to give a straight answer.

More interested in having an easy day at the office than ensuring more fans can go and watch. What's the point in a football club again?

I read the info on twitter and got my tickets on Wednesday. Info is there on website

Looking forward to the game

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just bought a ticket for today. 3 quid. It was OK because I was on the database.

However, as ticket was printing the phone rang with instructions that no ticket sales today...but already sold it to me so was a bit late.

Anyone wanting to go who is on the database or especially season ticket holders I would definately go down and pressure them to sell you a ticket.

I just got one.

Anyone who does go, can you update this forum from time to time with some honest updates. Rovers Twitter can often be a little Blue Biased and this will be the first 23's game I've missed in months.

A Burnley fan texted me to say earlier that they were bringing so many across for today's game that the M65 was backed up to junction 6 all morning. ?

I think he was joking. Having debated attendances with him in the past, he probably believes it!!

• Like 1