Sign in to follow this  
JHRover

Blues Bar

On 29/11/2019 at 20:19, Claytons Left Boot said:

The John Lewis Suite was open during the week prior to the ground redevelopment, Matt. When I worked in Blackburn, me and the Mrs went for our dinner one day and I was delighted to see Kenny and all the players in there for their mid day meal. I remember, the bar man was temporarily away from the bar and Shearer, fed up of waiting, got up and poured himself a pint. The food was good as well.

I uses to work in thé John Lewis suite thé players and manager uses to always have lunch in there ,it was when they trained on the pitch.met jack Walker a few times .

So did the club switch entirely to training at Ewood between the old "training ground" and Brockhall? 

20 hours ago, Mum63 said:

I uses to work in thé John Lewis suite thé players and manager uses to always have lunch in there ,it was when they trained on the pitch.met jack Walker a few times .

Well he was your boss if somewhat indirectly.

Posted (edited)

The club trained all over.

Even in the summer of 1994 we were sometimes on Pleckgate field. When I lived in that neck of the woods, me and my dad walked down to watch and saw a fella training who my dad was sure was Perry Groves... it was Robbie Slater.

Edited by Mattyblue

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 08:38, pk1875 said:

So why not close the Riverside and Blackburn End? Put all home fans in the Jack Walker Stand (They would fit most games). Less stewarding costs etc?

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 11:25, Sparks Rover said:

Close the Blackburn End?????☹

It was a reply to the other post