BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke v Rovers Nov 30

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

True but even Rhodes couldn't do that and Graham is sadly fading so you wee with the willy you have. Mowbray signed him so he has to get the best out of him some how. Galloping up and down the wing won't do that and the only time he's looked effective in terms of goal threat is Preston where the team went on the front foot and looked to get it in the box.

Rhodes was the master at making his own chances, more by what he did off the ball. Dack can do the same, as to perhaps a slightly lesser extent can Graham. All 3 score plenty of proper strikers goals from close range.

Its all about intelligence and anticipation. Rhodes might not be fast, but Armstrong is fast, something that doesnt help him when he spends half the game offside when he plays up front, Rhodes was smaller than Gallagher, and less powerful, but he scored headers by clever movement to get free of defenders.

Excuses about supply aside, Rhodes scored nearly 30 goals in the dreadful side we had, full of disinterested or incompetent players after we came down. Gallagher lacks that strikers brain.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Unchanged team. Now that is what I like to see.

(For the avoidance of doubt, that is me praising our manager, for a decision he has made, as apparently nobody ever does that on here).

• Like 9

Just now, K-Hod said:

Unchanged team. Now that is what I like to see.

(For the avoidance of doubt, that is me praising our manager, for a decision he has made, as apparently nobody ever does that on here).

I’m delighted we’re picking an unchanged side. Feeling more content with things. But I personally will stop short of praising a bloke for doing what every Tom, dick and Harry has been saying needs to happen for months. But at least the penny seems to have dropped 

• Like 1

Feeling confident about this one. Stoke seem weakest on the flanks, so I expect Armstrong and Rothwell to have some joy tonight if they play like they did against Brentford.

A win today could potentially leave us just 3 points from the play-off spots. Strange to think that a few weeks ago I had already given up on the season.