BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke v Rovers Nov 30

The goal for Gallagher will have done him the power of good. Nice that he is saying what he is to the fans. I sincerely hope he comes good, bags a few and helps turn the season around properly.

The three wins on the bounce, were massively unexpected, so hope we can build on them. A win next week and we are back in the mix. 

• Like 4

Just seen the goals. That's a very clever bit of play from Dack for the first one. It would have been easy to hit a defender from that position but he managed to deftly guide the ball into an open space. A real finishers goal. Nice inside ball for Bennett to gallop onto as well. Cool side foot finish from Gallagher.  When we were talking about strikers needing service the other day that's exactly the sort of move/ball you dream about.

.Walton should have done better for their goal. Why he didn't muscle his way through there I'll never know. 9/10 the ref will give a foul on the goalkeeper.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, lraC said:

The goal for Gallagher will have done him the power of good. Nice that he is saying what he is to the fans. I sincerely hope he comes good, bags a few and helps turn the season around properly.

The three wins on the bounce, were massively unexpected, so hope we can build on them. A win next week and we are back in the mix. 

I reckon if we beat Derby we'll be 2 points off the play offs. Some nice fixtures for us next weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iSeeRed said:

Yeah, our priorities in January should be a new keeper, a new right-back and a new left-back.

I think in an ideal world you are absolutely right but in my view we need a centre back as priority.  Two reasons:

1  Don’t know what would happen if we got injuries in that position.  Ok Williams can step in but no way is long term there.

2. Tosin is class and will be back at City next summer, so we need someone in place ready to take his position.

Absolute priority for me

Just now, 4000Holes said:

I think in an ideal world you are absolutely right but in my view we need a centre back as priority.  Two reasons:

1  Don’t know what would happen if we got injuries in that position.  Ok Williams can step in but no way is long term there.

2. Tosin is class and will be back at City next summer, so we need someone in place ready to take his position.

Absolute priority for me

What's the chances of Mulgrew being back in January ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

26 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Another great win. 4 from 5 now as Tony Mowbray continues to work his magic

As Tony Mowbray realises he was making a pig's ear of it. 

So returns to basics and something resembling a 'team'. As advised of course by the genial patrons of BRFCS ?

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just seen the goals. That's a very clever bit of play from Dack for the first one. It would have been easy to hit a defender from that position but he managed to deftly guide the ball into an open space. A real finishers goal. Nice inside ball for Bennett to gallop onto as well. Cool side foot finish from Gallagher.  When we were talking about strikers needing service the other day that's exactly the sort of move/ball you dream about.

.Walton should have done better for their goal. Why he didn't muscle his way through there I'll never know. 9/10 the ref will give a foul on the goalkeeper.

We don't get much luck with referees.

Dack is certainly putting himself in the January sales window. He's looking like he's getting back to his best and I think Evans plays a major part in that. Every club needs a player like that, somebody that does the dirty work in order to let the more skilled players flourish.

This time last week I was never more sure that Tony had to go. A week and 2 good wins later I am beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I probably say this every transfer window, but the January one could absolutely make or break us. If we get what we need, there could be a cracking end to the season. If we don't, then I think next year could be a really bad one. 

41 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Rather duck than cock!

I'd rather be called "duck" or "cock" than "pal". If anyone calls me "pal" I expect the next move to be a smack in the face. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've seen the short highlights and I think people are being a little harsh on Walton.

Listening to radio lancs, Kevin Gallacher said, just before they scored, that Walton was being crowded out mainly by his own players and that he could hardly move.

• Like 2

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

on the subject of tosin,does he fancy going back to city where he`s unlikely to get much game time??,he`d be a fantastic signing if somehow we could snaffle him,unlikely i know but loads of players get lost at the big clubs these days

He is a class act and I'd say to buy around 5-6  million.  They won't sell if they have any sense mind 

• Backroom
Just now, Ossydave said:

He is a class act and I'd say to buy around 5-6  million.  They won't sell if they have any sense mind 

I tink we'd be looking at a lot more than that, especially with him being English, which always adds a premium to transfer fees. I could see a newly promoted PL club taking a punt on him with much bigger wages on offer. We'll probably have to make do with utilising his abilities for this season and then look to a more permanent solution in the summer. 

Just now, bazza said:

I'd rather be called "duck" or "cock" than "pal". If anyone calls me "pal" I expect the next move to be a smack in the face. 

I've seen the short highlights and I think people are being a little harsh on Walton.

Listening to radio lancs, Kevin Gallacher said, just before they scored, that Walton was being crowded out mainly by his own players and that he could hardly move.

Yes I thought that myself to be honest. We ended up in a bunch under the ball yet we still didn't deal with it.

excellent win, really enjoyed it the game and our performance. Thought Tosin, Lenihan and Evans were outstanding, Dack does what Dack does. Well Done to Sam Gallagher for getting the winner. 

2 weeks ago we would have lost that game after conceded the equaliser but today we didn't. 

3 wins in a week or 12 points from last 5. Mowbray has got the team back to basics and we are performing. He deserved credit for his subs and keeping the same starting 11.     

Walton made some good saves but very weak at coming out for crosses. His confidences looks gone at times. New keeper needed in January

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

excellent win, really enjoyed it the game and our performance. Thought Tosin, Lenihan and Evans were outstanding, Dack does what Dack does. Well Done to Sam Gallagher for getting the winner. 

2 weeks ago we would have lost that game after conceded the equaliser but today we didn't. 

3 wins in a week or 12 points from last 5. Mowbray has got the team back to basics and we are performing. He deserved credit for his subs and keeping the same starting 11.     

Walton made some good saves but very weak at coming out for crosses. His confidences looks gone at times. New keeper needed in January

I've only seen brief highlights but early on he got down to parry a simple shot from distance and he looked like he was getting into bed after a night on the ale. He's OK if you bang it right at him but if the ball's going to the side he makes it look like really hard work.  I know Raya had his faults but this guy isn't an improvement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Very funny, glad you didn't choose me! But I do like Stuart!

Please don’t quote him, I have him on ignore. He isn’t joking and none of his posts are “funny”. Good to see that the site is being consistent in its application of the rules though.