BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke v Rovers Nov 30

55 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

We don't get much luck with referees.

Dack is certainly putting himself in the January sales window. He's looking like he's getting back to his best and I think Evans plays a major part in that. Every club needs a player like that, somebody that does the dirty work in order to let the more skilled players flourish.

This time last week I was never more sure that Tony had to go. A week and 2 good wins later I am beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I probably say this every transfer window, but the January one could absolutely make or break us. If we get what we need, there could be a cracking end to the season. If we don't, then I think next year could be a really bad one. 

You know what happens when we get near the play-offs don't you? !!

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've only seen brief highlights but early on he got down to parry a simple shot from distance and he looked like he was getting into bed after a night on the ale. He's OK if you bang it right at him but if the ball's going to the side he makes it look like really hard work.  I know Raya had his faults but this guy isn't an improvement.

I think Walton is a good shot stopper but command of his area is a weakness at times and he is very soft at coming out for the ball. 

New keeper needed in January

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mm, I suppose we'd be getting a decent wedge off the wage bill.

get rid of his full wage and I would be looking to bring 3 signings in January. A keeper, left back and centre back

Just now, Stuart said:

Please don’t quote him, I have him on ignore. He isn’t joking and none of his posts are “funny”. Good to see that the site is being consistent in its application of the rules though.

Stuart, in whatever number of years I've been on here, I can't remember ever really "falling out" with anyone. I'm not to know who has blocked who. I just thought he was being random. If it was personal, that's a different matter. I stand by my view of you.

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Stuart, in whatever number of years I've been on here, I can't remember ever really "falling out" with anyone. I'm not to know who has blocked who. I just thought he was being random. If it was personal, that's a different matter. I stand by my view of you.

I thought he was being random too. That's why I liked his post.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amo said:

Interesting comment from Stoke site:

A bit OTT, they were just miles better than us at the basics.

They won the majority of first balls and pretty much every second ball. Always been majorly impressed by Lenihan and thought he was a monster at the back for them again today.

They used the ball well and had distinct patterns to their play, they knew when to just put their foot through ball and when to commit players forward in attack.

Nothing special but they were very well drilled

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/292243/bradley-dack#ixzz66mwTrV7n

Lenihan coming back and our form returning are surely not coincidental?

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

He looked like he was carrying a bit of an injury. Was holding his hip at one point and his running wasn't as strong as usual. He was playing more conservatively, which was either an instruction or due to knowing he didn't have it in him to do barnstorming runs today without losing the ball, due to whatever knock he seems to have.

Ssdly it will be all ToMo needs.to drop him again

• Like 1

Caught the game after a Long bout of illness. Wasn’t convinced with Tosin in his initial appearances but what a player these days. Good measured passing and so different for us when you have a centre half who can head the ball. Lenihan was good but quite some errors in there that might get punished but much better sides.

Nyambe, our own Cafu, so very proud of the young un. Downing, a real pro, still having that pace near the end of the match and in a LB position. Perfect case study for Bell. Credits where credits due, Evans was immense. Really was trying to impress both bosses. Trav does a lot of donkey work and usually gives a 7 or 8 performance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've only seen brief highlights but early on he got down to parry a simple shot from distance and he looked like he was getting into bed after a night on the ale. He's OK if you bang it right at him but if the ball's going to the side he makes it look like really hard work.  I know Raya had his faults but this guy isn't an improvement.

I thought he was flapping abit through the match too

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Brilliant lads and manager, that is so much more like it. Really happy for gallagher too, said if you gave him a chance he can deliver for us 

Gallagher was good when he came on. The goal aside he was full of running and on two or three occasions he chased down long, pressure relieving balls and, despite being behind the defender got there first and held the ball up. It helped the rest of the team up the pitch. His movement for the goal was very good. He feigned to go one way, checked and went another way. Bennett read his movement too.

He did this from a central position, not stuck on the touchline.

• Like 6

Just now, arbitro said:

Gallagher was good when he came on. The goal aside he was full of running and on two or three occasions he chased down long, pressure relieving balls and, despite being behind the defender got there first and held the ball up. It helped the rest of the team up the pitch. His movement for the goal was very good. He feigned to go one way, checked and went another way. Bennett read his movement too.

Just watched the goal and I have to say Gallagher's movement in the box was great. It is something that I've been very critical of him and lets hope his confidence rises and he does this more often.

Will be delighted if he proves me wrong.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Swanson said:

Isn't Kevin Friend a PL referee? Or was?

Yes, or at least he was 7 years ago when I was still a blind biased barsteward in black. Always a bit full of himself, but very fit and a good talker to players during a game. Not sure if he's dropped off the PL list, but I doubt it, given the number of refs who are still at that level well into their 40s and even early 50s.

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

Yes, or at least he was 7 years ago when I was still a blind biased barsteward in black. Always a bit full of himself, but very fit and a good talker to players during a game. Not sure if he's dropped off the PL list, but I doubt it, given the number of refs who are still at that level well into their 40s and even early 50s.

According to Premier League website, he has reffed 9 games this season in the premier league.

https://www.premierleague.com/referees/index

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I think Gallagher has some real athletic gifts. If he bulks up and keeps his pace, he would be some unit 

• Like 2