BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke v Rovers Nov 30

19 hours ago, arbitro said:

More Boys From the Blackstuff I reckon so he can identify with the working classes ??. He could do a good Yozzer but with a smoggie accent.

You’re showing your age there Tony! That was a classic programme. The Yozzer Hughes confession box scene was pure black comedy gold.

After Yozzer spends 5 minutes going through all his woes - adding the word ‘father’ after every sentence, he ends his monologue with “You’ve gotta help me father, I’m desperate” The priest responds with “Please, it’s Dan, call me Dan”

Short pause then Yozzer says, in that deadpan scouse way “I’m desperate Dan”......

• Like 3

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

You’re showing your age there Tony! That was a classic programme. The Yozzer Hughes confession box scene was pure black comedy gold.

After Yozzer spends 5 minutes going through all his woes - adding the word ‘father’ after every sentence, he ends his monologue with “You’ve gotta help me father, I’m desperate” The priest responds with “Please, it’s Dan, call me Dan”

Short pause then Yozzer says, in that deadpan scouse way “I’m desperate Dan”......

And he then proceeded to headbut the grille in the confessional box. I liked the scene in the pub with the redundancy party with Shake Hands.

As you say Andy absolute classic with the brilliant Alan Bleasdale combining black humour with some serious social commentary and issues. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And he then proceeded to headbut the grille in the confessional box. I liked the scene in the pub with the redundancy party with Shake Hands.

As you say Andy absolute classic with the brilliant Alan Bleasdale combining black humour with some serious social commentary and issues. 

It got to were I couldn't watch it in the end. It was just too upsetting. Away from the screen people were actually living their lives like that.

Boys from the Blackstuff.....social commentary on the state of the north of England in the 1980s while the south was coining it in in the Thatcher's new "service economy".

Who remembers going to matches and southern fans waving "loadsamoney" signs at Rovers supporters? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Boys from the Blackstuff.....social commentary on the state of the north of England in the 1980s while the south was coining it in in the Thatcher's new "service economy".

Who remembers going to matches and southern fans waving "loadsamoney" signs at Rovers supporters? 

We did it back to them (albeit in a different context) during the Uncle Jack years. But in the 80s I would happily have smashed any of the cocky bar stewards faces in to be honest.