BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby County (H) - We couldn't make it four... could we?

big problem with nyambe is his complete lack of positional awareness,he needs serious coaching on the issue,it`s holding him back,we`ve got major  problems on the left though,i don`t see downing as a left back,a decent winger would give him nightmares,bell,sadly is`nt up to this level,feeling confident for saturday though,derby are there for the taking i think,just get at them from the off

Horrible club. Only thing Derby could win is being the most dislikeable club in the championship. From the dodgy Rooney deal (3rd party ownership, promoting gambling via kids) to the handling of the drink driving crash the club is a sewer and I hope they go down. 

Same team as the last few games please. 

On paper an easier game than Stoke or Brentford so expect us not to win. Can't stomach a loss to this lot so a draw it is. 

I really didn’t think Nyambe was that bad against Stoke, made a couple of mistakes but he was potential MOM in the previous two games. His power and pace are immense. Compared to Bennett who use to get roasted every game. Nyambe stays in the team indefinitely.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Agree 100%.

The biggest concern has to be our full-back positions, though. Nyambe and Downing both played superbly against Brentford, but the pair of them were really poor against Stoke - both getting done with ease down the flanks. If opposition teams try to exploit those two areas, then they're going to have success. Thankfully, Lenihan and Adarabioyo were good at keeping it solid in the middle.

That being said, I don't think we have any better alternatives in either position. Bennett (who I think is over-criticised on here) and Bell (who I think is under-criticised on here!) are not the answers. At this moment in time, i.e. before we can do anything about it in January, I think we have to persist with Nyambe and Downing. If Bennett comes in for Nyambe, I'd be less concerned about that than if Bell came in for Downing.

I'm wondering when Sam Hart is going to be back from injury. He did well in pre-season, has the haircut of a player who might make it, and maybe deserves his chance at left-back!

I do feel you're overdoing this, neither were great but they were not that bad either.  I think you're being a little unfair, particularly to Nyambe as McLean is a good player at Championship level.  I think Nyambe's positioning problems, which I do think is his biggest weakness, aren't helped by TM telling him to play higher up a lot of the time to provide with and also Armstrong often being in front of him.

• Like 1

Nyambe needs to stay at right back, I see little point debating it personally.

Downing could be one we look to change before the window opens simply because he isn’t a natural left back. Teams will start to target him either in the air at the back post which understandably he struggles with or by someone quick cutting inside on him. Williams offers more solidity on crosses and Bell is actually okay 1v1. Neither are the answer long term and a new left back is needed in January.

Until we get one id be sticking with Downing for the home games and would maybe consider away from home picking Williams if for. 

I still think that Bennett for Rothwell will be the only change for Saturday.

I enjoyed the last week I have to say, but I also feel I can read Mowbray like a book, a 3 or 4 game winning run is usually followed by a horror run of 1 win in 6 or something.

I think this is the start of that run, 1-1. Prove us all wrong Tone!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JoeH said:

90% of Derby forum posts say they're losing to us
90% of Blackburn forum posts say we're beating them

It's going to be 1-1 isn't it ?

They are very despondent at the moment. Similar to how it felt here before our recent bit of form. Similar concerns to with the amount of shots they are taking.

"It's the other Bradley we need to worry about. He's scored more goals in his last 5 games than we've had shots on target."

14 hours ago, 47er said:

We could make it 4 on the trot, we could just as easily lose. That's really the whole point about TM's reign.

Haha. Happy Christmas to the Spectre at the Feast!

Take care, some people might start accusing you of wanting our team to lose!

Seriously,though, I think you have named a central concern there.

1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

A or B?

ELDDPcjWkAEOe_z?format=jpg&name=large

Sums it up perfectly - but then again, this is why we are addicted to 'the beautiful game' - if it was a guaranteed win every week, it would be as boring as feck! I mean, even Liverpool have to work for results at the moment, and they win & continue to win because they a) seem to play as a team, b) keep going for the full 90 minutes at full speed, and c) want to win (as do many other outfits like Leicester, ManShitty, even Wolves atm). The main difference between Prem examples like those and us, is perhaps we don't have a clear and consistent view of our manager's philosophy, the players are enigmatic (a term once applied to Noel Brotherston RIP no less!) and we sometimes completely lose the plot (thereby shipping lots of late goals from time to time).

Other than that, Rovers can beat anyone on the day...

Which probably means we are in for a disappointing Saturday evening on the 7th..

COYB, let's keep the trend upwards!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Stolen from their forums but there is so much that points to a home win, so we will probably lose now.

Saturday 7th December 2019  Ewood Park Ko 3pm

Head to Head  Derby won 41 Drawn 36 Lost 56 

last time we beat them away was Sep 2014 Prior to that was 2001 so not a happy hunting ground for us. 

Blackburn last 5 home matches DDWWW

Derby last 5 Away matches DLLLL