BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just saw a tweet promoting the '1875' range of clothing. Despite my better judgement I clicked...

A drab collection of uninspiring greys, greens and beiges. I didn't notice but I assume they all have 1875 written on them.

This brings me to a wider point. When was the last time Rovers branded clothing actually impressed you? I'll make an exception for the retro kits (although this could be extended to lots more good years). To me, virtually everything in the shop is the same kind of navy blue, grey, generic clothing with an indistinct badge on them. Nothing genuinely desirable. Nothing in blue and white halves bar the home shirt. Even the beanie hats are all blue. Where is the love for our own unique colour scheme? I lost my Rovers hat a fair few years ago which was simple blue and white halves with a crest. I've been looking for another ever since but nothing.

Fair comment or am I getting older with no knowledge of current fashion?

• Like 2

I think you are right. Each time I go in to but away tickets I have a quick browse but find the leisure wear of poor quality and lacking imagination. I actually bought some things on Sunday as I had a voucher but aside from a training top I bought sweets and season ticket wallets pretty much just to use the value of the voucher. I also find it ridiculously expensive.

The shop was especially open on Sunday for Black Friday sales but at 11.30 I was the only customer in there.

9 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

As has been mentioned, the legends tshirts were great. Navy with a white trim on the neck and sleeves. I had the Matt Jansen one. Still have it stashed away somewhere.

Got the Garner one, I can still get in it.............

just!

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

I must admit, I think the official tracksuits and training wear are very expensive for what they are. It’s all irrelevant to me personally, as I never buy them, but some folk will buy them religiously every year and it’s not good to see them fleeced....(No pun intended!)

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Just ordered 2 adult home shirts, 1adult away shirt, 1 junior 3rd kit and 2 infant away kits for Christmas.

Now I'm thinking I had better get some overtime in.

Never mind overtime, you'd be better off discovering the secrets of alchemy and turning iron into gold...

• Like 2

On 03/12/2019 at 17:41, old darwen blue said:

Got the Garner one, I can still get in it.............

just!

I wore my Garner one yesterday funnily enough. 

I played (and beat) my Burnley supporting  ex-boss at Squash whilst wearing it. He is the same age as me (late forties) so remembers all too well the pain inflicted on his lot by Garns. He made several disparaging remarks ?

• Like 1

I used to spend shed loads in the club shop each year. T-shirt, polo shirt, sweatshirt, Winter coat, scarf, bob hat, replica shirts, season tickets (mine, my lads and twice for my daughter), beach towel plus other bits and pieces.

Initially it was decent, well made stuff. The t-shirts and polo shirts were especially good with a great club crest. At one point, the club lost the plot and most of the stuff became just sports wear with very few Rovers branded items. After a couple of years, if I remember correctly, they then saw sense and normal service was resumed.

I haven’t bought anything for years. I tend to buy the odd bit of Wigan Warriors stuff these days and, to be honest, I find their club shop clothing to be dull, drab and not of the best quality. 

On 03/12/2019 at 16:55, Riverside under the drip said:

Just saw a tweet promoting the '1875' range of clothing. Despite my better judgement I clicked...

A drab collection of uninspiring greys, greens and beiges. I didn't notice but I assume they all have 1875 written on them.

This brings me to a wider point. When was the last time Rovers branded clothing actually impressed you? I'll make an exception for the retro kits (although this could be extended to lots more good years). To me, virtually everything in the shop is the same kind of navy blue, grey, generic clothing with an indistinct badge on them. Nothing genuinely desirable. Nothing in blue and white halves bar the home shirt. Even the beanie hats are all blue. Where is the love for our own unique colour scheme? I lost my Rovers hat a fair few years ago which was simple blue and white halves with a crest. I've been looking for another ever since but nothing.

Fair comment or am I getting older with no knowledge of current fashion?

26 year old here- it’s utter crap, and it’s overpriced. I wouldn’t be seen dead in any of the 1875 rubbish they’ve produced. It’s almost like they’ve gone to Sports Direct’s bargain bin, bought what’s there, and put a club badge on. I’ll be blunt though- the club’s shop range is incredibly limited.

For all this experience that Waggott has of football, everything from the match day food to the shop, is nothing short of bang average. 

The OP is right the quality of merchandise is awful. I can find nothing I would wear.

By chance last year I found a really good flat cap. I bought one and lost it. I went back for another and was told "Yes, they've been really popular but we only had 25. We're not getting any more." This was a great piece of merchandise that could be worn anywhere. I even went back this winter. In stock? No.

It is literally 25 years since I last bought something I was happy to wear. Rovers need to understand there are customers who want to buy things which are not overtly football related.