BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City (A) - F*ck it, let's make it five!

Just like we need it, straight back into it on Wednesday, let's ride the high. A place we've never had a lot of joy at in my memory, but never a better chance to improve that. Same team Tony, nothing to discuss! 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Will be interested to see how Swansea line up tomorrow and play

Their key player is Ayew who they are lucky to have on the wages he will be on and the fee he cost. Big luxury and not a Championship player. Celina incredibly inconsistent for them.

Hope Mowbray doesnt drop Rothwell or Graham, neither was at their best today but both are crucial in that any replacement would lose some of the balance we have in the team.

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Their key player is Ayew who they are lucky to have on the wages he will be on and the fee he cost. Big luxury and not a Championship player. Celina incredibly inconsistent for them.

Hope Mowbray doesnt drop Rothwell or Graham, neither was at their best today but both are crucial in that any replacement would lose some of the balance we have in the team.

I wouldnt drop either. 

I feel Matt Grimes is their key player for me. 

I dont know why Borja has been playing either. 

Swansea a real enigma. Can play some of the best football in the division and can be very ordinary.

Important to be on the front foot from the first whistle. Need to impose ourselves so the game is about us and not which Swansea have turned up.

Got a drubbing there last season.

Impossible to forecast this one but the run has lifted us back to where I think we should be. Win this and we are in nose bleed territory.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

tony 100% nailed on to make changes for two tough away games,like an addict who needs his fix,he won`t be able to resist for much longer?

I think he's trapped himself now and knows he has to keep the same team, if he changes it and we get beat he'll cop bucket loads of criticism from a lot of fans.

Tinker at your peril Tony.

For whatever reason they aren't particularly good at home, and have lost literally half of their games yet they're unbeaten away.

Yesterday was a pivotal game but likewise this probably more so, nick a win and people are definitely gonna sit up and notice us as real challengers for that top 6.

I think we can do this, 1 nil rovers then a massive game at Bristol to follow. Hopefully the same team again and hopefully no injuries on Wednesday because we are walking a bit of a tightrope in that respect.

After a really good start Swansea have plateaued so it just might be a good time to play them. I have had reports after every game from a close friend (his son in the manager) and he has always said that irrespective of results they will always play the same way. They will play it out from the back through midfield and their game is based on a high tempo with lots of movement. Last season we tended to do well against this type of play with a high pressing game which threw opponents out of their stride.

That said I'd take a point now if it was offered.

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I felt yesterday, that in the last 15 minutes, our lack of squad depth was exposed a little. We hung on but you are right, our best XI is the one we have been starting recently and changing that before January will weaken us.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Can’t see Graham starting both away games.

If we are looking at pressing Swansea, you’d imagine Gallagher will start...

Providing he starts at centre forward I’d be ok with that.

• Like 1

Great as the last four games have been, I don't object to changing a player or two in the starting lineup to keep players fresh providing it's like for like. This formation works, don't start significantly altering it. 

IF Graham cant start week in week out then that's understandable, its a tough run of games over christmas and I'd rather have a fully fit Graham in 75% of them than a 75% fit Graham in 100% of them, but bring in Galagher, Brereton or sod it even Samuel if he's still about down the middle. Don't muck about trying to bring Armstrong inside or pushing Dack forwards, that causes a domino effect where we have to move one person to move one person to move one person.

If we want to rest Armstrong or Rothwell then bring in Holtby or Chapman, don't shuffle the strikers around.

Continue down the rest of the starting eleven. Like for like replacements, no shuffling. And a maximum of two changes/starting lineup a game. On paper we've got the players to do it.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Can’t see Graham starting both away games.

If we are looking at pressing Swansea, you’d imagine Gallagher will start...

Agree but he needs to keep to the same format.

Swansea - Graham up front and Gallgher coming on at 60

Bristol - Just the other way around.

If he starts playing Gallagher or Brereton out wide to let Arma have a go up top then hes a idiot.

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

If he starts playing Gallagher or Brereton out wide to let Arma have a go up top then hes a idiot.

Not quite

If he starts playing Gallagher or Brereton out wide to let Arma have a go up top (and loses) then hes a idiot.

If he starts playing Gallagher or Brereton out wide to let Arma have a go up top (and wins)  then we told him so!

• Like 1

We're a middling team that's far too high in the table at present.

Mowbray will also have had the nod from above to lower expectations after the recent run.

Reality check in the next 2 games. 2-0 Swansea and 4-1 Bristol. 

• Like 1

• K-Hod pinned this topic