BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City (A) - F*ck it, let's make it five!

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

I felt yesterday, that in the last 15 minutes, our lack of squad depth was exposed a little. We hung on but you are right, our best XI is the one we have been starting recently and changing that before January will weaken us.

I think it is probably fair, Williams when fit is ok to be a cover at centre and left back, I think if anything happens to Evans or Travis, Johnson can competently cover hopefully, and Holtby is a player I think we can trust, aside from that, anywhere else there is a major difference between starter and sub/back up.

Rothwell is probably the most curious case in our line up. I think he is really important to the balance of the side, hes defensively more willing than he used to be, he gives us an out ball with his dribbling and just generally he gives balance, especially as the 2 main alternatives are better elsewhere, Downing has found a niche at left back and moving him would leave us weaker there, whilst Armstrong lacks the intelligence up top and often runs into trouble when left but his game seems much simpler and more effective wide right. That being said, Mowbray is right in questioning his lack of goals and assists. He was really poor yesterday, repeatedly running down blind alleys, never releasing the ball at the right time, and its another game without a goal or an assist. I didnt agree with his treatment of Rothwell earlier in the season, he should have started the season, but now hes being given a run of games he has to take the bull by the horns and start scoring and/or assisting. The threat could come in January when we potentially sign a left back which in turn frees up Downing.

Holtby for me is a better and more productive player than him (and Armstrong) but naturally he wants to play where our undroppable best player and only source of goals plays, so theres an element of shoehorning him in anywhere else at the risk of the balance of our side. Thats why for now, Rothwell must stay in.

This is an away banker.

We now have confidence and momentum. 

Swansea have shot their bolt and will be very fragile after today's hammering and other recent results.

Get us on the red button, put your feet up, open your beer / wine / gin (whatever your tipple may be) and lump on Rovers' win at a tad better than 5/2 (Christmas has come early!).  Enjoy!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

8They will be smarting from the 5-1 rout at WBA no doubt, plus the loss of their status as the only team in th FL with an unbeaten away record this season.

Expecting a tough game to be honest. However, as we have seen, there are only tough games in this league, so therefore nothing to fear.

If we can field a consistent side then we can give them a game. C'mon, Tinkerman...make my day! 

tenor.gif?itemid=12827692

Edited by WIR Second Coming
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

This is an away banker.

Swansea have shot their bolt and will be very fragile after today's hammering and other recent results.

Get us on the red button, put your feet up, open your beer / wine / gin (whatever your tipple may be) and lump on Rovers' win at a tad better than 5/2 (Christmas has come early!).  Enjoy!

This isn't even cute anymore. It's fucking annoying.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Mercer isn't breaking the rules with his posts, as annoying as they may be to some people. Trolling is largely deemed as insulting other posters, not predicting a Rovers win. As roversfan99 points out, if nobody responds to his posts then they gain no traction and are easily scrolled past.

• Like 5

Just now, DE. said:

Mercer isn't breaking the rules with his posts, as annoying as they may be to some people. Trolling is largely deemed as insulting other posters, not predicting a Rovers win. As roversfan99 points out, if nobody responds to his posts then they gain no traction and are easily scrolled past.

Not true. Mainstream media hijacked the term "trolling" and conflated it with flaming (insulting others).  

Trolling is when someone deliberately tries to wind up others.

Edited by Amo
  • Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Amo said:

Not true. Mainstream media hijacked the term "trolling" and conflated it with flaming (insulting others).  

Trolling is when someone deliberately tries to wind up others.

I personally don't consider Mercer's posts offensive enough to censor. Obviously other mods may have a different opinion!

6 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

His posts make me smile to be honest. If you let that kinda thing wind you up then you really need to look into ways of being a more relaxed human being

"It doesn't bother me therefore it shouldn't bother anyone else"

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

This is an away banker.

That’s us F***ed then, cheers Merce.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Amo said:

You won't be saying that when we lose on Wednesday. License to print money.

I'm fairly certain any predictions made on this messageboard will have no impact on a game of football played in Wales on Wednesday.  

• Like 5