BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City (A) - F*ck it, let's make it five!

Well that's nonsense. There's different types of investment and sometimes they overlap. Personally I don't bet against Rovers and there's certain teams I'll never bet on to win under any circumstances. Sometimes there's teams I won't bet on to win if they have players, managers or owners I don't like but that lasts for as long as they are there.

Same side never mind rotating to rest do it the old school way and rest them when they can't give anymore. No point having fresh legs in April when there's nowt to play for. Flog em to death then show your faith in back up players/youth when you have to.

I'm revelling in the new found balance in the starting line ups and the not swapping it around knee jerk in game all the time. Normally us rolling into town would signal 3 points to any struggling side it's the rovers way. Not sure that'll be the case this time if he keeps faith, i never want to see another Brum away shocker again no excuse for that either.

Heart says win head says credible draw here

Swans 1  Rovers  1

Agreed. Hate the red button  games! Standard definition! - what's that all about! One camera angle, no replays, crap commentary  - but, like you say, better than nothing & there's no way I can get to south Wales on a Wednesday night. It's tough enough getting to Ewood straight from work for a 7.45 ko! 

3 hours ago, Nelsonthedog said:

Red button game again.. annoying with no replays, but better than nothing.

2 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Agreed. Hate the red button  games! Standard definition! - what's that all about! One camera angle, no replays, crap commentary  - but, like you say, better than nothing & there's no way I can get to south Wales on a Wednesday night. It's tough enough getting to Ewood straight from work for a 7.45 ko! 

On the positive side I suppose it’s like being there but warmer. Would be good to have the option to cut out the commentary whilst retaining the ambient background crowd and stadium noise, oh hang on that might not work if were at home though!

4 hours ago, Vinjay said:

Well that's nonsense. There's different types of investment and sometimes they overlap. Personally I don't bet against Rovers and there's certain teams I'll never bet on to win under any circumstances. Sometimes there's teams I won't bet on to win if they have players, managers or owners I don't like but that lasts for as long as they are there.

Which team is that may I ask? ?

• Like 3

I've probably placed more bets against Rovers than bets for. It covers your emotional losses at the end of a game. Win and you don't give a sh*t, lose and at least you've won a few quid at the end of it.

Such a big game this one, for a couple of main reasons.

1.) Our defeat last season marked the end of our 'return to the championship honeymoon' when we were completely battered on a mid week away day at Swansea. This season we're on a great run, so be interesting to see if we can avoid last year repeating. 

2.) A victory in this game gives us the potential for breathing space and takes the pressure off going into the Bristol game. If we beat Swansea, dropping points at City will not be too big a deal. But loose at Swansea and also at City and your winning run turns into a loosing run very quickly.

Really think that we can go there and win. Swansea have had a days less rest and were battered, so confidence is low. Keep the same team with gally and Holtby ready in the wings and just go for it. 

Edited by BRFC4EVA
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

I think he will rotate but think we will send the 2-300 traveling supports home with at least a draw! 

How on earth can clubs justify £30 a pop.... utterly disgraceful! I know we do it and other clubs but this is just fundamentally wrong. 

With the red button on sky, it doesn't really make sense

You would think clubs could alter their price for away fans depending on how far they have to travel 

• Like 1

Probably more to do with the income streams if he's told them that although i'd expect he said something like in the next 5 years. Doubt he'd put pressure on himself by setting targets.

They seem happy taking a half arsed interest and funding it via the business because the books can manage it to a beneficial tune. The club though needs big income in order to pay big fees and wages because of FFP. If they've said why don't you sign x,y,z and we'll pay the wages he'd probably have to reply we can't unless we are in the Prem.

Look how close to the wind the club has sailed in the past yet it never seems to bother them. I think they need a lot of 'advising' just so they actually nearly understand it.

• Like 3

Just now, tomphil said:

Probably more to do with the income streams if he's told them that although i'd expect he said something like in the next 5 years. Doubt he'd put pressure on himself by setting targets.

They seem happy taking a half arsed interest and funding it via the business because the books can manage it to a beneficial tune. The club though needs big income in order to pay big fees and wages because of FFP. If they've said why don't you sign x,y,z and we'll pay the wages he'd probably have to reply we can't unless we are in the Prem.

Look how close to the wind the club has sailed in the past yet it never seems to bother them. I think they need a lot of 'advising' just so they actually nearly understand it.

Well, we all know Steve Kean promised them Champions League football and trophies galore. Didn't seem to matter that he failed spectacularly at that. As long as you trek out to Pune and blow smoke up their asses, you can offer them the moon on a stick.

• Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

Imagine having so much money and losing millions each season but it barely making a dent or being anything to even think about let alone worry. They are so removed from this football club and it would not surprise me if they only thought about it twice a year. 

Its like me paying for a Netflix subscription and never watching it - annoying but I never seem to get around to cancelling that subscription as it really is not that big a deal.

• Like 3

Four matches ago Rovers trailed Swansea by 11 points. We now lead them in the league! This will be a difficult game especially after their humiliation on Sunday. Pleased with a draw; will be ecstatic with a win. 
I’m sure I heard Mowbray say they are staying down in the South West with the game in Bristol on Saturday. Hopefully a bit of extra team bonding!  I wonder where the team are staying? A case of hunt the squad!

• Moderation Lead
Just now, tonygreenbank said:

Four matches ago Rovers trailed Swansea by 11 points. We now lead them in the league! This will be a difficult game especially after their humiliation on Sunday. Pleased with a draw; will be ecstatic with a win. 
I’m sure I heard Mowbray say they are staying down in the South West with the game in Bristol on Saturday. Hopefully a bit of extra team bonding!  I wonder where the team are staying? A case of hunt the squad!

The latter makes a lot of sense to be honest. 
I can’t imagine trekking that far on a coach twice in a week would be the best idea!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Amo said:

Interesting that according to Mowbray he told the owners we need to get back into the Premier League. Shouldn't that be the other way around? Are they that removed from the club that the manager's setting the targets now?

We need to so more fans attend.. but I think even with prem football the days of 20,000 plus regulars are gone without major investment to excite the fans. If we got back, I'd expect around 15,000 home fans, with the rest of the crowd made to look decent by considerable away attendance.

Edited by Nelsonthedog

24 minutes ago, Nelsonthedog said:

We need to so more fans attend.. but I think even with prem football the days of 20,000 plus regulars are gone without major investment to excite the fans. If we got back, I'd expect around 15,000 home fans, with the rest of the crowd made to look decent by considerable away attendance.

Although I see your point and to see Ewood  buzzing would be wonderful, there is no need for big crowds to survive in the premiere these days.  Money from outside sources far outstrips money through the turnstiles.  Look at Bournemouth as an example.

• Like 1