BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City (A) - F*ck it, let's make it five!

3 hours ago, Nelsonthedog said:

We need to so more fans attend.. but I think even with prem football the days of 20,000 plus regulars are gone without major investment to excite the fans. If we got back, I'd expect around 15,000 home fans, with the rest of the crowd made to look decent by considerable away attendance.

There were several seasons in the Prem where we got little over 15k home fans on.    The year we came 6th with Bellamy and co. Regularly failed to break 20k even with away fans. This isn’t a new phenomenon. 

• Like 1

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

There were several seasons in the Prem where we got little over 15k home fans on.    The year we came 6th with Bellamy and co. Regularly failed to break 20k even with away fans. This isn’t a new phenomenon. 

That's true. It could be worse than I've estimated.

Edited by Nelsonthedog

9 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Absolutely buzzing for this game now. Don't see any need to change things. Same team same subs Tony. 

Let's go rovers

Not sure I'd agree with this.

I think this is the weaker of this week's two away games so I'd be inclined to tweak the team, then return to the "First XI" for the away to Brizzle Rovers on Saturday.

4 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

A bit difficult to squeeze an extra 10,000 into a building site when we were first in the Premier League.

We were averaging over 25,000 when we came 6th and went six seasons without a gate under 20,000 in the league.

I think we have had seven 30,000+ gates in the new Ewood until the police and security got nosebleeds about it.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, philipl said:

A bit difficult to squeeze an extra 10,000 into a building site when we were first in the Premier League.

We were averaging over 25,000 when we came 6th and went six seasons without a gate under 20,000 in the league.

I think we have had seven 30,000+ gates in the new Ewood until the police and security got nosebleeds about it.

Morten is talking about the mid 2000s when gates had dropped massively. Indeed we had an opening day crowd against Fulham - two cracking goals by Tugay and MGP- in front of 16,000.

Not long after we brought in ‘Operation Ewood’ and they shot back up on £199 season tickets - we sold 20,000+ of them and we were back to 25,000+ averages.

No chance we hit those levels if Waggott looked to cash in (which he would).

But anyway let’s get there first!

Edited by Mattyblue

We are finnally close it's matxh day! Great like i said before I'm specting a 1-0 for our Rovers match a tie would be good aswell...won't be easy at all they have brill players but i think tje most dangerous thing about them is that they are underestimating us I'm sure that they think that because of ther individual performances and quality we mean  "winnable" match for they so Come On You Rovers lets show those bastards that they are tottally wrong!!! I belive on my team i will be supporting and i know you too...
I want to see and hear Roves on welsh since mexico so to all the rovers that will follow our team today share everything as you can please pals!!!
#Rovers
#ImRoversTillIDie 
#Top10season 
#TheMexicanRover

• Like 3

4 hours ago, philipl said:

The year we came 6th with Bellamy was 2005/6. Struggled to get over 20k even when the big teams filled the Darwen End. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

After prices had gone up.......

Just now, TheKitGuy said:

Swansea looked woeful on Sunday, they will want to prove a point at home but i can see it fading midway through the first half, 3-1 Rovers plenty of counter attacking football. 

Arma Gally and Dack for the goals, and hoping for Holtby to make a mark tonight 

Let's hope so! Got to start on the front foot tonight - their players and fans will be extremely edgy after Sunday. Get an early goal and we should go on to win it. But this is Rovers as we all know...

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Let's hope so! Got to start on the front foot tonight - their players and fans will be extremely edgy after Sunday. Get an early goal and we should go on to win it. But this is Rovers as we all know...

You're not wrong, just enjoying Rovers whilst we are in a decent vein of form.. but then again aren't we all! 

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

2001 is interesting. Just shows what can be achieved in the 2nd tier with the right manager and correct style of football.

Is it interesting or is it the stay away fans coming back? see 98-99 25.7k last season in PL before relegation and then 01-02 25.9k so really is it a gain of 200??

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

2001 is interesting. Just shows what can be achieved in the 2nd tier with the right manager and correct style of football.

If ever there was a team to get bums on seats it was that one!

I also thought a bumper derby crowd seeing us pump Burnley 5-0 would have skewed the overall figure, but surprisingly the gate was only just over 23,000