BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City (A) - F*ck it, let's make it five!

Just now, callumrovers said:

Dack is a professional. Nothing to do with Mowbray. It's not like he has a track record of being sent off, why would you take Dack off when he is probably our only player who can make something happen from nothing?

Because the ref was crap and Dack getting sent off was inevitable.

He got sent off for accidentally standing on the guy behind him doing a typical Dack spin.

11 v 10 with Holtby in the Dack space with Evans having another good game was obvious. Rothwell might have prospered with the additional freedom that would have given him if Gallagher had come on for DG in a double sub on the 60th minute.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Can see a few changes at weekend, Travis looked absolutely knackered too!

In fairness if it's round pegs in round holes it's not the end of the world... 

Johnson for Travis

Bell for Downing

Bennett for Rothwell

Dack for Holtby

Gallagher for Graham

Freshen it up and go for them from the off. 

• Like 3

Apart from the goal which was an excellent piece of play we were far too passive and indecisive with the ball. The amount of times we broke but had absolutely no idea what to do once we got to the final third was frightening.

A point isn't bad on the face of it but it feels like an opportunity lost as they were as poor as we were and there for the taking.

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

Because the ref was crap and Dack getting sent off was inevitable.

He got sent off for accidentally standing on the guy behind him doing a typical Dack spin.

11 v 10 with Holtby in the Dack space with Evans having another good game was obvious. Rothwell might have prospered with the additional freedom that would have given him if Gallagher had come on for DG in a double sub on the 60th minute.

I wouldn't say it was inevitable. He has no track record of being sent off, because he is on a yellow we should replace our best/most creative player? You cant pin this on Tony.

• Like 2

Bit of a missed opportunity, but a perfectly acceptable point under the circumstances.

With Dack out for Saturday, I wonder if there could be a role for Bennett as a number 10? His best performance last season was Brentford at home when Dack was missing. Really made the most of his engine, pressing from the front. Obviously not as dangerous as Dack but capable of knitting play together. I imagine there will be a few changes so Holtby will probably get a spot elsewhere.

• Like 1

Evans looking so much better pressing forwards a bit he looks more consistently like the guy in green we've rarely seen at Ewood.  Taken 5 years for a manager to finally realise what half of Ireland and Rovers fans already knew. Progress is progress i suppose though.

Decent first half but over egging the passing, team still looks so much better without right wing strikers but we need a good winger in there to give an outlet and be a bit more direct.

Odd second half but again too much sitting back too early and inviting probs.  Defended quite well though, still need a good keeper but a good point tonight for me.

Pretty poor performance between 2 teams that wont get too close to the play offs. Ayew the stand out player.

Our best player was Nyambe, superb. Centre backs solid but Adarabioyo too lax on the ball at times. Downing average. Walton with a few good saves including a superb one at the end but questionable again for the goal.

Thought the midfield 2 failed to get a grip of the game, Travis is particularly limited. Rothwell totally non existent and right to be hooked but not for Bennett who was woeful again, never a full back and not a particularly good player full stop. Deserves dropping but weve no real alternatives. Armstrong got an assist but pretty brainless again. Dack was ok but not sure on the red but he will be missed at the weekend. Holtby started well but didnt have too much influence as the tempo dipped, needs to start as a 10 at Bristol City but I suspect Mowbray wont.

Graham is imperative to us, superb finish to end a good move, Gallagher not half as effective and showed a lack of awareness failing to release players a couple of times but one run was very good.

• Like 1

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Bit of a missed opportunity, but a perfectly acceptable point under the circumstances.

With Dack out for Saturday, I wonder if there could be a role for Bennett as a number 10? His best performance last season was Brentford at home when Dack was missing. Really made the most of his engine, pressing from the front. Obviously not as dangerous as Dack but capable of knitting play together. I imagine there will be a few changes so Holtby will probably get a spot elsewhere.

I really hope not, totally devoid of any attacking threat, see the Stoke game at home last year. Holtby 100%.

Just now, Madon said:

Can see a few changes at weekend, Travis looked absolutely knackered too!

In fairness if it's round pegs in round holes it's not the end of the world... 

Johnson for Travis

Bell for Downing

Bennett for Rothwell

Dack for Holtby

Gallagher for Graham

Freshen it up and go for them from the off. 

All apart from Bell for Downing I'd agree with. 

Let the lads rest tomorrow, tactical meetings on Friday and go get 'em on Saturday.

Last season we would have thrown that away.

• Like 1

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Guess its back to normal.

Hopes raised with 4 wins and almost in playoff positions then reality bites.

Lets face it we are more like a bottom half team than promotion contenders.

Reality bites..  So 5 wins in 7 isn’t good enough? 1 draw and suddenly we’re bottom half material. Lucky there’s no overreacting on here,

• Like 2

Fortunate to get a point. Nyambe was Rovers best player in my opinion; his pace came to the rescue on a couple of occasions and he had some good moments going forward.

Dack had half time to get his head together but he let us all down. His tendency to kick out when he’s been dispossessed is pathetic. Yes he should have been subbed as we could all see where it was going.

Swansea had so much more time on the ball than we did; many Rovers taking too long to move the ball forward.

Gallagher nearly had a goal of the season....I didn’t think he had it in him!

Rothwell totally anonymous for the second game on the trot. Armstrong had some wonderful opportunities to set up a goal but fluffed them all.....except in the 3rd minute!

Walton made a great save, flying off his line to dive at the feet of the forward when the Swansea man looked favourite.

Today Tosin wasn’t the assured, quality distributor we’ve come to expect with sloppy passes putting us in danger several times. Lenihan       
was back to something like his old self second half thankfully.

• Like 1

Good point all being told.

It's a tough tough league and we ain't gonna win every game, or indeed play well every game. Picking up points when off the boil helps though.

WBA scraped a win at woeful Wigan, Bristol City got beat off Milwall, Fulham off them clowns down the road.

One last push on Saturday then a good few days off to recharge the old batteries, its come at a good time really.

• Like 7

Just now, Ossydave said:

Good point all being told.

It's a tough tough league and we ain't gonna win every game, or indeed play well every game. Picking up points when off the boil helps though.

WBA scraped a win at woeful Wigan, Bristol City got beat off Milwall, Fulham off them clowns down the road.

One last push on Saturday then a good few days off to recharge the old batteries, its come at a good time really.

People are upset maybe that we could have been 2 points off third.. but there's lots of games to go yet.. you only have to be in that top 6 come may.

• Like 1

I don't what match did you expected but i saw a very good and equally match we can't defeat them but they couldn't either...to visit Welsh especially Swansea specially some years till onow is complicated defenetly so to get out there with a point is more than enough to me I'm still putting my bets on 9 points by the end of december wich would be good indeed...
We played well we had pur chances we never were over passed on the 90 minutes... by the end i detected to much tiredness in most of our players andbits normal i guess and then i saw a well ordered team and we deal with them...
Next match is another visit and will be complicated but if we play 45 like we play the first 15 here will going to defeat Bristol I'm sure.
#Rovers
#ImRoversTillIDie 
#Top10season 
#TheMexicanRover

• Like 3

Ayew man of the match. A touch above this level. He’s on another planet. 

Walton 7 did well I never hear him shout or look commanding he scares me.

Nyambe 6 offers and looks like offering much in reality he’s in consistent and shows why he’s not trusted he’s seconds behind everyone thought wise. I’d look to improve on him as he won’t improve on himself.

Lenihan 6.5 he’s a clogger he’s no better than anyone else at this level he’s another who can’t think of the football sequence before his actions. Forced ayew out wide or we’d regret it.

Tosin 7 he’s a level above it shows but tonight was sloppy. You can see he wants it on the deck, is it me or does he show frustration when we give it away easily!?

Downing 6 one game to many caught short a few times. Maybe he’s not a left back but wasn’t the worst.

Rothwell 4 Poor he may have not have played the lad looks exciting on the ball but he’s a game changer. Bench for me.

Travis 5.5 looked tired lathargic always taking an extra touch tonight and it contributes to a slow build up.

Evans 6 Tidy but non recognisable from the last few games. Not brave enough to put a stamp on the game. Looks like he doesn’t believe it himself and I’m sorry but purple patch over. 

Arma 7 inconsistent I want him to run and go at things but he loves coming inside too much, best player in the first half for me.

Dack 5.5 not up for it tonight, never a sending off but didn’t influence. Instead of being man marked Swansea pushed up a level higher knowing we’d not get in behind.

Graham 7 took goal exceptionally well and it shows he needs games consistently