BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City (A) - F*ck it, let's make it five!

Just now, TBTF said:

I’ve got to say , despite our recent run of great results ( and a point at Swansea is no disaster) but teams who have their eyes on play offs don’t perform like we did tonight . It’s not a one off -away from home particularly - but can’t keep the ball , wrong options , slow tedious build up and actually looking out on our feet . We also still look vulnerable at the back .

we had a good chance tonight to go and win that going a goal up against a fragile team and then again with a one man advantage but ultimately we have simply too many that aren’t up to it .

i might have taken a point before the game but the manner in which we achieved it left me disappointed overall and to me we are middle of the road team that will raise hopes by winning a few and then go on to disappoint just when the chance is there for the taking. 
And in truth I think I and several others made the same comment before the season started .

In a better way than i could describe THIS!

Dack always walks the tightrope of a red because he is physical, I think he was close the other red button game, Brentford? I remember he was booked and then had a few niggles. I would’ve took him off for holtby as he wasn’t having the best of games anyway. 

thought out passing was abysmal tonight, didn’t deserve anything more than a point but not the end of the world. Need to keep up the picking up points though, I think that’s a game we lost last year ala Bristol City , Swansea last year 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Ayew man of the match. A touch above this level. He’s on another planet. 

Walton 7 did well I never hear him shout or look commanding he scares me.

Nyambe 6 offers and looks like offering much in reality he’s in consistent and shows why he’s not trusted he’s seconds behind everyone thought wise. I’d look to improve on him as he won’t improve on himself.

Lenihan 6.5 he’s a clogger he’s no better than anyone else at this level he’s another who can’t think of the football sequence before his actions. Forced ayew out wide or we’d regret it.

Tosin 7 he’s a level above it shows but tonight was sloppy. You can see he wants it on the deck, is it me or does he show frustration when we give it away easily!?

Downing 6 one game to many caught short a few times. Maybe he’s not a left back but wasn’t the worst.

Rothwell 4 Poor he may have not have played the lad looks exciting on the ball but he’s a game changer. Bench for me.

Travis 5.5 looked tired lathargic always taking an extra touch tonight and it contributes to a slow build up.

Evans 6 Tidy but non recognisable from the last few games. Not brave enough to put a stamp on the game. Looks like he doesn’t believe it himself and I’m sorry but purple patch over. 

Arma 7 inconsistent I want him to run and go at things but he loves coming inside too much, best player in the first half for me.

Dack 5.5 not up for it tonight, never a sending off but didn’t influence. Instead of being man marked Swansea pushed up a level higher knowing we’d not get in behind.

Graham 7 took goal exceptionally well and it shows he needs games consistently 

Harsh on Nyambe thought him and the cb’s were our man of the match contenders. Generous on Armstrong, good assist but often wasteful in good positions. Rothwell was anonymous but wasn’t as bad as some are saying.

• Like 4

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Harsh on Nyambe thought him and the cb’s were our man of the match contenders. Generous on Armstrong, good assist but often wasteful in good positions. Rothwell was anonymous but wasn’t as bad as some are saying.

Armstrong is not wasteful.. nobody gets in the box.. he's to quick.

Was concerned beforehand this would be a game too far for that 11. Most of our players simply aren’t consistent enough for us to expect the same 11 to do the business week in, week out. Which makes it a good point in the circumstances.

Well, Rothwell has had the run of starts everyone said would definitely enable him to show his potential. And he has.

I took a dig at people for saying they were happy with a point. Well there were at least 3 people who said that before I decided to say something about it. Then there's people were posting around the same time and since.

OK in the Championship it's hard to win 5 games in a row. It's hard to expect good performances all the time but from a mentality standpoint you don't need to hear this stuff. That's why some managers play "mind games" (saying stuff they don't mean or expect without outright lying) and you hear players coming out with things "like I was glad to score 4 goals but the 3 points was most important." OK the latter is obvious BS (in many cases) but it's said for a reason. Team mentality and the fans need to play a part in that instead of showing weakness. The opposition had 10 men so yes it is a wasted opportunity even if the ref was looking to even things up. The manager should have forseen this and told Dack to be exceptionally careful or taken him off if he didn't trust him.

I know people will say the same again but I can't help myself. Maybe supporters at other clubs in 6th-12th would say same thing (or maybe they wouldn't if you're paranoid like me) but this is Blackburn Rovers.

Plus I despise the word "settle" and that always sets me off. I've got a thing about certain words and that's one of them. For whatever reason "I'll settle for a point" annoys me more than "I'm happy with a point". No wonder divorce rate is so high it's because people "settle" even when they aren't truly happy. So if you're a psychologist in linguistics maybe that's why lol.

Edited by Vinjay
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Nyambe had his worst game in the past few weeks. He backed out of challenges and didn’t fancy himself going against Roberts. Given his pace and build he never backs himself, it was a typical Nyambe game and he’s the one player what genuinely boils my piss given his attributes, just dosent do enough for me and I’d look to replace him ASAP.

Arma I can see what you mean but you don’t make them mistakes coming in wide. Attackers don’t come in wide looking for the ball unless the lads behind are not getting it forwards, which is hence my scoring tonight the defence let some down. Simply put we got out done in the midfield central battle.

Rothwell from both sides was probably the worst player on the pitch. Looked a freebie from oxford tonight.

I don’t settle for performances out of faint hope ill-decision or eclipsing ourselves. We were shite tonight and got away with it. Ring the changes Tony tonight was below the same standard certain players have set as a minimum and they must learn.

Edited by Scotland1

I think it is true that we could go 3-0 up in the first 15 minutes and the opposition have 9 men for most of the game yet still some people would class a 3-3 draw as a good result away from home. 

To begin with, without wanting to come across as Mr Negative again, I would have shook hands on a point had that been offered to me at 7:30pm. And I don't think a point was a bad result in the end given our performance late on in the game. Mowbray will be delighted with a draw. It was a game we were getting well beaten in last season so I suppose that points to some progress, and I said after the Derby win I'd be very satisfied to get through these two away games unbeaten and get back to Ewood for the next couple of decent looking fixtures. 

Now to the game itself. Same old traits of our side away from home rear their ugly head again.

Bright positive start and rewarded with a goal early doors. We've seen that happen quite a lot over the last couple of seasons where we are quick out of the blocks and catch teams out early. From that point on you hope/expect to see a well drilled outfit manage the game, keep pressure down, deal with pressure well when it builds. I watched some of the Millwall game at Bristol last night and that is what they did well after going ahead early. Alas we failed to do that, we were wasteful with the ball, made too many poor passes, and allowed them to respond. Their spell of pressure prior to their goal was caused by a senseless throw in on the half way line. Rather than take the sensible route we attempt a ball across the middle of the pitch to begin our pass around the back routine only it was intercepted and they then won corners which they scored from. 

Having let them back in so quickly i thought we did ok the remainder of the first half. Whilst we looked fragile when they attacked and gave the ball away countless times when trying to play out from the back we caused them a few problems.

Second half starts reasonably well. Then we hit the jackpot when their player loses his rag and gets sent off. Nearly 40 minutes left in the game, home fans on their backs, ideal. Great opportunity to seize control of the game, plenty of time for a winner or at least to take control and bombard their goal in search of a winner. Unfortunately, as with Sheffield United away last year, we completely and utterly failed to take any advantage whatsoever from that. We didn't appear to change our approach in the slightest, we didn't appear to up the tempo, make changes to expose their numerical disadvantage. We just carted on as we were before hoping something would happen. 

As with Sheffield United away last year we then shortly afterwards commit the cardinal sin of shooting ourselves in the foot and giving the referee the perfect opportunity to even things up and get the home fans back on side and give them a shot in the arm. Criminal. Needless. Stupid. 

We have a knack of squandering golden opportunities when they are presented to us. A team in control doesn't do that.

After that I felt we were fortunate to get away with a point, although we could have committed smash and grab in the last minute, we didn't deserve to win the game. Their keeper has had barely anything to do in the 2nd half.

The substitutions seemed to make us weaker and we completely lost our way, resorting to sitting back hoping to see the game out for a point. 

So all in all, not a bad result, but not exactly one to strike fear through the division. Swansea away is not Mission:Impossible as the likes of Millwall have shown recently and when presented with opportunities like we have had tonight you simply have to take full advantage of them if you are going to be up there come the end of the season.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

I don't what match did you expected but i saw a very good and equally match we can't defeat them but they couldn't either...to visit Welsh especially Swansea specially some years till onow is complicated defenetly so to get out there with a point is more than enough to me I'm still putting my bets on 9 points by the end of december wich would be good indeed...
We played well we had pur chances we never were over passed on the 90 minutes... by the end i detected to much tiredness in most of our players andbits normal i guess and then i saw a well ordered team and we deal with them...
Next match is another visit and will be complicated but if we play 45 like we play the first 15 here will going to defeat Bristol I'm sure.
#Rovers
#ImRoversTillIDie 
#Top10season 
#TheMexicanRover

¡Ay, caramba!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Nyambe had his worst game in the past few weeks. He backed out of challenges and didn’t fancy himself going against Roberts. Given his pace and build he never backs himself, it was a typical Nyambe game and he’s the one player what genuinely boils my piss given his attributes, just dosent do enough for me and I’d look to replace him ASAP.

Arma I can see what you mean but you don’t make them mistakes coming in wide. Attackers don’t come in wide looking for the ball unless the lads behind are not getting it forwards, which is hence my scoring tonight the defence let some down. Simply put we got out done in the midfield central battle.

Rothwell from both sides was probably the worst player on the pitch. Looked a freebie from oxford tonight.

I don’t settle for performances out of faint hope ill-decision or eclipsing ourselves. We were shite tonight and got away with it. Ring the changes Tony tonight was below the same standard certain players have set as a minimum and they must learn.

An average of a point away and a decent amount of 3 pointers at home would give us a good chance of top 6 I think.

Tonight WAS a good point imo.

Think you can call nyambe average balancing it out, gets past players well, very rarely puts in a telling cross or shot at the end of it can pretty much sum him up.

passing has to improve if he is going to. Although he did roll a lovely ball across the 6 yard line that I thought if we had a more switched on attacking player they attack it and score, ours were all on their heels 

IMO, poor stuff from both sides and poor management from Mowbray.

Dack lucky still to be on the pitch at half time and Mowbray should have read the script.

We looked very leggy despite an extra day's rest over Swansea.  I think our core fitness is poor.

Very much a missed opportunity as Swansea were there for the taking especially after their mauling at WBA.

• Like 4

Dack gets sent off yet it is Mowbray's fault, people need to have a think. Dack should know better and the responsibility lies with him- personally I don't even think it is a foul.

Secondly, good result, 4 wins and 1 draw, everyone would have ripped your hand off at this. 

Onwards and upwards towards a difficult game against City at the weekend. 

• Like 3

Result just about ok but I thought we were absolutely atrocious last night. The game was there for the taking when Swansea went down to ten men and any side that was going to do something this season would imo have found a way to secure the 3 points despite not being at their best.  Yet we made no impression whatsoever with a man advantage and after Dack was sent off we were lucky to scrape a draw. 

The game encapsulated in a nutshell for me why we will never do anything with Mowbray in charge. The Division this season is the worst version of the Championship I've seen and although there are only six points separating fifth and fifteenth with us slap bang  in the middle of the sea of mediocrity, I wouldn't put a single cent on us finishing any higher than bottom of that cluster of teams. 

I can't understand why many people appear to be so happy that we are so poor. Those that are "happy with a point tonight" are probably those that will be satisfied if we finish 14th this season as opposed to last season's 15th. Those that glibly observe "It's where we are, our players are too inconsstent, we're a mid table side" are either missing the point or deliberately ignoring  the fact that the reason it's where we are is because the manager's overall recruitment is so poor. He has been well backed but either spends big money on the wrong players, signs others who he doesn't then fancy once they get here, or can't bear to let others go who should have been offloaded long ago.

Everyone is entitled to their view and it seems many are happier than I am but for me it's not good enough,  and I'm sick of watching it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Result just about ok but I thought we were absolutely atrocious last night. The game was there for the taking when Swansea went down to ten men and any side that was going to do something this season would imo have found a way to secure the 3 points despite not being at their best.  Yet we made no impression whatsoever with a man advantage and after Dack was sent off we were lucky to scrape a draw. 

The game encapsulated in a nutshell for me why we will never do anything with Mowbray in charge. The Division this season is the worst version of the Championship I've seen and although there are only six points separating fifth and fifteenth with us slap bang  in the middle of the sea of mediocrity, I wouldn't put a single cent on us finishing any higher than bottom of that cluster of teams. 

I can't understand why many people appear to be so happy that we are so poor. Those that are "happy with a point tonight" are probably those that will be satisfied if we finish 14th this season as opposed to last season's 15th. Those that glibly observe "It's where we are, our players are too inconsstent, we're a mid table side" are either missing the point or deliberately ignoring  the fact that the reason it's where we are is because the manager's overall recruitment is so poor. He has been well backed but either spends big money on the wrong players, signs others who he doesn't then fancy once they get here, or can't bear to let others go who should have been offloaded long ago.

Everyone is entitled to their view and it seems many are happier than I am but for me it's not good enough,  and I'm sick of watching it.

Don't watch it then. 

In the Championship it is about accumulation of points, whether we are playing well or poorly we need to win and draw games consistently. I think yesterday was a game where we did not play well and still picked up a point. Not sure how you can be disappointed with a 1-1 draw at Swansea. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Jeez, dont let anyone call you rash

Not rash, he has stalled this year, I don’t see what he adds that couldn’t be upgraded. Passes backwards, doesn’t dribble past players, doesn’t score or make late runs into the box. He is currently an energetic harrier, isn’t that what Smallwood was chastised for 

7 hours ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

I don't what match did you expected but i saw a very good and equally match we can't defeat them but they couldn't either...to visit Welsh especially Swansea specially some years till onow is complicated defenetly so to get out there with a point is more than enough to me I'm still putting my bets on 9 points by the end of december wich would be good indeed...
We played well we had pur chances we never were over passed on the 90 minutes... by the end i detected to much tiredness in most of our players andbits normal i guess and then i saw a well ordered team and we deal with them...
Next match is another visit and will be complicated but if we play 45 like we play the first 15 here will going to defeat Bristol I'm sure.
#Rovers
#ImRoversTillIDie 
#Top10season 
#TheMexicanRover

That was not, by any stretch Of the imagination, a very good match. Two poor teams, Rovers second best and could barely string two passes together.

Once again, our lack of squad depth was laid bare. The players looked knackered and we will have to rest one or two.

Assuming Dack’s one match ban is immediate we won’t be able to field an unchanged XI again but a couple of changes are required.

Personally I’d put Rothwell into Dack’s role and Holtby in on the left. Putting Bennett on so as to push Downing further forward is a really poor move but seems to be Mowbray’s new pre-planned substitution.

It’s looking like we are about to have a wobble. Let’s hope we can stay in the pack and some other teams can do us a favour.

What exactly is #Top10Season anything to #rejoice though? Play-offs are the target. Despite this recent purple patch, if we miss out then it will be down to the poor runs that we seem to get sucked into.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That was not, by any stretch Of the imagination, a very good match. Two poor teams, Rovers second best and could barely string two passes together.

Once again, our lack of squad depth was laid bare. The players looked knackered and we will have to rest one or two.

Assuming Dack’s one match ban is immediate we won’t be able to field an unchanged XI again but a couple of changes are required.

Personally I’d put Rothwell into Dack’s role and Holtby in on the left. Putting Bennett on so as to push Downing further forward is a really poor move but seems to be Mowbray’s new pre-planned substitution.

It’s looking like we are about to have a wobble. Let’s hope we can stay in the pack and some other teams can do us a favour.

What exactly is #Top10Season anything to #rejoice though? Play-offs are the target. Despite this recent purple patch, if we miss out then it will be down to the poor runs that we seem to get sucked into.

2 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

Don't watch it then. 

In the Championship it is about accumulation of points, whether we are playing well or poorly we need to win and draw games consistently. I think yesterday was a game where we did not play well and still picked up a point. Not sure how you can be disappointed with a 1-1 draw at Swansea. 

It was a 1-1 draw where we played a fair chunk of the game with a man advantage.

I agree with you, it is all about picking up points consistently. If we won thirty plus games 1-0 and stunk the place out I couldn't really care less but apart from the last four games before last night we haven't done that. There will also be other games where we do play well but don't get what we deserve so you have to take your chances where you can. Last night was another two points dropped due to the way the game panned out in my opinion.

• Like 3