BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City (A) - F*ck it, let's make it five!

4 hours ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

We are finnally close it's matxh day! Great like i said before I'm specting a 1-0 for our Rovers match a tie would be good aswell...won't be easy at all they have brill players but i think tje most dangerous thing about them is that they are underestimating us I'm sure that they think that because of ther individual performances and quality we mean  "winnable" match for they so Come On You Rovers lets show those bastards that they are tottally wrong!!! I belive on my team i will be supporting and i know you too...
I want to see and hear Roves on welsh since mexico so to all the rovers that will follow our team today share everything as you can please pals!!!
#Rovers
#ImRoversTillIDie 
#Top10season 
#TheMexicanRover

Positive attitude = I love it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

If ever there was a team to get bums on seats it was that one!

I also thought a bumper derby crowd seeing us pump Burnley 5-0 would have skewed the overall figure, but surprisingly the gate was only just over 23,000

Dingles restricted to 4.5k spread over 2 tiers and i'm not sure they totally sold out, plus the usual all ticket apply in advance and lunch time live kick off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Swansea fans seem to be split over Cooper in almost the same way this board is over Mowbray (4 games ago at least).

Graham is due a goal, what better place than his old club.  A nice 1 nil win would do me......

Swansea should be overjoyed with Cooper in charge. With the cutbacks there and now the rebuilding the club again they are best for what they want and need. 

Can't watch this one tonight. Pretty gutted about it :(

Same team should be nailed on. Win would be sensational, draw okay.

Hopefully Rothwell will get a bit more space and can have more of an impact. If not bring Holtby on early-ish. Also drop in Sam Gallagher if Graham struggles to hold up.

It's nice knowing we have two options off the bench who give impetus without weakening the starting side.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Swansea should be overjoyed with Cooper in charge. With the cutbacks there and now the rebuilding the club again they are best for what they want and need. 

Why should they be overjoyed? I found the appointment to be a huge risk appointing a novice but up until recently as an outsider he seemed to be doing well, but things have hit the buffers recently. So they are doing ok, but I cant see why they should be overjoyed!

But I am not sure that someone who was able to reintegrate a £20m attacker on huge wages back into the squad in Andre Ayew, rejecting interest in him, can plead poverty. He was also able to reintegrate a £15m striker who has scored plenty of goals in Spain. Granted they lost McBurnie and James but they have 2 massively expensive high calibre players back from loan as direct replacements that previous managers have not had at their disposal. They seem to be keen to cut the fat from the squad, high earning and non contributing players but thats the same at every club.

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

Don't know why, maybe it's because we are so close to the top 6 now, but I'm really nervous about this one. Gonna be an edgy night I reckon. 

They’ve no win in 5. We’ve won our last 4. How often do we see the form book go out the window in the championship though? Big test tonight and if we come through it we are in great shape. Come on boys!! 

• Like 1

1st goal for us could really see their crowd turn. I think we are in a good position.

The Graham and Downing question is tricky, I mean we shouldn't change the team, but the lads aren't 21 anymore...

I can't see them starting today and Saturday, even if we win tonight. The issue then is, they are part of our best 11 and fans will be on Mowbrays back if he does take them out and we don't get the result we want. 

Downing is probably the fittest member of the squad, despite being 35. 

If we play Bell or Bennett at left back in one of these away games then it's like we asking to get beat, not good enough.

Gallagher for Graham we might get away with.

• Like 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

1st goal for us could really see their crowd turn. I think we are in a good position.

The Graham and Downing question is tricky, I mean we shouldn't change the team, but the lads aren't 21 anymore...

I can't see them starting today and Saturday, even if we win tonight. The issue then is, they are part of our best 11 and fans will be on Mowbrays back if he does take them out and we don't get the result we want. 

I dont think so, i think most would accept that a 34 and a 35 year old are not going to be able to play every game. I think it is more the like for like replacements coming in instead of players out of position (yes, i know Downing is technically out of position too but at least he has shown he has the intelligence to play numerous positions to a high standard). At LB, weare pretty doomed whoever takes Downings place tbh - none of Williams, Bell or Bennett fill me with confdence there. Up front should be straightforward with Gallagher dropping in - please nothing nonsensical such as Dack playing up there.

• Like 1

We have an XI which has won four on the trot so unless there's a serious injury they have to start again.

Change the starting line up and we lose and I will add Swansea to Charlton, Luton, QPR and PNE tp Mowbray points dropped. 

Win at Swansea and Bristol City and I will give Mowbray the benefit of being our twelth man in two difficult fixtures.

Just now, philipl said:

We have an XI which has won four on the trot so unless there's a serious injury they have to start again.

Change the starting line up and we lose and I will add Swansea to Charlton, Luton, QPR and PNE tp Mowbray points dropped. 

Win at Swansea and Bristol City and I will give Mowbray the benefit of being our twelth man in two difficult fixtures.

In fairness, none of us know how Downing and Graham have recovered from Saturday or how much of three games a week they can manage.

My own observation is that Graham is not moving with ease "across the grass".

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

In fairness, none of us know how Downing and Graham have recovered from Saturday or how much of three games a week they can manage.

My own observation is that Graham is not moving with ease "across the grass".

I think one will miss tonight and barring no other injuries the other will miss Saturday. Personally I would rather Downing miss tonight and Graham on Saturday. I assume it'll be Benno for Downing and SG for DG.

• Like 1

Hopefully he wont change the team at all.

Graham quite a few times last season played the majority of 3 games in a week,and is often subbed after an hour anyway, but is critical to the way we play.

Downing is supposedly as fit as anyone, plus from our alternatives, Bell and Bennett are absolutely hopeless, Williams is not quite as bad but isnt quite fit so I would rather we try and get Downing through these couple of games and would be more open minded to resting him when Williams is back soon or alternatively if and when we sign a left back in January.

I would replace Rothwell with Holtby I know its not the in thing to do to call him but he hasn't done anything this last couple of days.  You can see why Mowbray does get frustrated with him there was 1 occasion on Saturday when he ran from one side of the pitch to the other but probably took the ball forward 5 yards and his end product really does need to improve.. when he missed the 1v1 against Brentford he was given the excuse that its because he hadn't been starting but to me has got worse each game he has started