BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

"Mandela Effect"

I always thought Nicky Summerbee played for us. I had a vague memory of him playing a few games in our promotion season with Souey.

Turns out he never donned the famous blue n' white halves.

Anyone else have any false memories of Rovers history?

Just now, OnePhilT said:

I could have sworn that I saw Gordon Cowans playing for us in our Premier League title-winning kit. I've got a photographic memory of him doing so when I used to sit in the Walkersteel Stand. Cowans left the club in 1993, so he couldn't possibly have done - could he?

They changed the McEwans Lager advert to the one in the white box (same as 1994/5 and 1995/6) in season 1993/4 so you could have seen him in that kit maybe, either in a pre-season friendly or even last game of the 1992/93 season?

Edited by oldjamfan1

Us playing Chelsea and De Gouey (so) their Dutch keeper coming up for a corner and getting caught out and us scoring. Pretty sure that never happened, against us at least, but have a memory of watching said event on match of the day. Strange how the memory plays tricks. I think I also remember Steele having a good game but am much more sceptical on that one. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

A lot of people in Glasgow swear they saw Graeme Souness on TV after Rovers played Celtic up here making the "Men against Bhoys" comment...........

The number of arguments I've had with taxi drivers about that one.

(It was Gary Flitcroft)

That’s what you get for drinking whiskey for breakfast. 

• Like 1

Just now, old darwen blue said:

That’s what you get for drinking whiskey for breakfast. 

Aye and that’s just the taxi drivers Mark ???
Edit: your spelling of Whiskey the Irish way reminded me of an old joke. Drunk Scotsman in the pub talking to a drunk Irishman. Scotsman slurs “whazzza difference between our whisky and your whiskey then?”

Irishman replies “We put an ‘e’ in ours mate”

”Fuck me” exclaimed the jock “you think of everything you boys, don’t you?” 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

A lot of people in Glasgow swear they saw Graeme Souness on TV after Rovers played Celtic up here making the "Men against Bhoys" comment...........

The number of arguments I've had with taxi drivers about that one.

(It was Gary Flitcroft)

Ince also made a similar comment about Celtic when he was our manager.