Drew 0-0 v Swansea

Drew 2-2 v Wigan

Won 2-1 v Charlton 

Won 1-0 v Reading

Won 5-2 v Huddersfield 

Drew 0-0 v Forest

Lost 2-1 v Millwall

So played 10, won 4, drawn 4, lost 2

Swansea, Wigan, Millwall and Middlesbrough have all come back with points, all below us in the table.

Let's see if Mowbray can set the team up correctly for a result or if it is headless chicken time.

Ultimately if you want to and have genuine ambitions of being a top 6 side you cant adopt an inferiority complex against fellow top 6 rivals. We should be going down there expecting to bring something back, not treating things as a bonus. (Thats not aimed at you btw just a general observation)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Ultimately if you want to and have genuine ambitions of being a top 6 side you cant adopt an inferiority complex against fellow top 6 rivals. We should be going down there expecting to bring something back, not treating things as a bonus. (Thats not aimed at you btw just a general observation)

Would take a point now. 

I expect 3 changes tomorrow from Mowbray

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Agree

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would take a point now. 

I expect 3 changes tomorrow from Mowbray

I hope for just one change, Holtby for Dack.

Id potentially accept a point but we shouldnt go there with fear. A loss would in no way be understandable or acceptable, it would be dissapointing. I feel like at this stage we have somewhat of an inferiority complex about playing the teams towards the top of this league, and also play with very little expectation away from home. Both mindsets need to be eradicated if we are to seriously challenge where Mowbray says he wants to. 

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Id potentially accept a point but we shouldnt go there with fear. A loss would in no way be understandable or acceptable, it would be dissapointing. I feel like at this stage we have somewhat of an inferiority complex about playing the teams towards the top of this league, and also play with very little expectation away from home. Both mindsets need to be eradicated if we are to seriously challenge where Mowbray says he wants to. 

I would also take Evans and Graham out. Both looked shattered after 60 mins on Wednesday

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would also take Evans and Graham out. Both looked shattered after 60 mins on Wednesday

Both were subbed off so hopefully will be able to start as both have been key recently. With 9 days until the next game, ask them for one more push.

Edited by roversfan99

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

This is a tough away game. It’s not a free hit and if we’re to be serious contenders then we need to be going to places like this and picking up something.

However, a defeat wouldn’t be a disaster, provided that it was tight. I’m not concerned about losing tomorrow. I’m concerned about the possibly reaction to a defeat. Can we pick ourselves straight back up and go on another good run.

We beat Brentford at home and they promptly smashed Luton for 7. That’s how decent sides react.

We are going to lose a game or two over the season, there is no shame in that. The issue, is when one defeat sparks a run of terrible form for several weeks. That’s what we need to avoid, more than an odd defeat in 6 games.

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

This is a tough away game. It’s not a free hit and if we’re to be serious contenders then we need to be going to places like this and picking up something.

However, a defeat wouldn’t be a disaster, provided that it was tight. I’m not concerned about losing tomorrow. I’m concerned about the possibly reaction to a defeat. Can we pick ourselves straight back up and go on another good run.

We beat Brentford at home and they promptly smashed Luton for 7. That’s how decent sides react.

We are going to lose a game or two over the season, there is no shame in that. The issue, is when one defeat sparks a run of terrible form for several weeks. That’s what we need to avoid, more than an odd defeat in 6 games.

I disagree, we need to get out of the habit that games against top half teams and games away from home are acceptable to lose. I am not saying we wont ever lose, of course we will, but theres no reason to be content with a defeat "provided that it was tight." 

Last season, Mowbray at times used the fact that we were newly promoted to dampen expectations. This year, 15m+ down since, with no major sales and competitive wages allowing us to bring the likes of Gallagher, Holtby, Downing and Johnson, Mowbray has been consistent in claiming that we are pushing for a top 6 place this season. Last season we maybe would view a game away to a top 6 side as a free hit. Now, if we are serious about our ambitions, we should see tomorrow as a winnable game which would drag us right into the top 6 mix, with our best side available, especially in our current form. Lose, however narrow, and its a bigger gap to the top 6, and us potentially stumbling right into mid table.

• Like 1

So will some people "take a point" here as well? What use would that be after the draw in midweek? Blackburn Rovers shouldn't be happy taking a point from the city of Bristol which has no footballing prestige attached. Certainly not after drawing the last game or unless there's a bad refereeing setback. A point would not surprise me admittedly but that does not mean it's something to be pleased with.

Edited by Vinjay
  • Like 1

Just now, Vinjay said:

So will some people "take a point" here as well? What use would that be after the draw in midweek? Blackburn Rovers shouldn't be happy taking a point from the city of Bristol which has no footballing prestige attached.

you should forward this to tony,like a rallying cry to attack,he`ll have the lads tighter than a nuns knicker elastic tommorow,especially with dack out

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

I think we might come crashing back down today. I fear for the starting 11, especially as TM mentioned Brereton as a possible replacement for Dack. 

3-1 City.

WHAT..... WHO FOR WHO .....WHAT THE ACTUAL F@$K  I won't put brereton in for the tea lady never mind dack...... holtby is a like for like 

• Like 5