BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (A) - Bradley Dack's Christmas Break

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Might be in the minority,but I like that team.

I mean it's hardly surprising that Downing and Graham arent playing  and Evan's needs to be wrapped in cotton wool a bit too. 

Rothwell and Armstrong were due a dropping.

Great to see Brereton start! 

I don't completely dislike it. Players were blowing last game and blatantly we needed a few changes. Maybe a few too many but hey ho.

I'm the most publicised Brereton fan but hes wasted out wide if that's how we line up.

• Like 1

There once was a bloke called Tony

Whose teams were consistently phoney

Without Bradley Dack, to lead the attack

This team plays like a one trick pony

A saturday night in December

Gave the Rovers fans much to remember

But sadly for some, it was more hit and run

As the Bristol passed by each defender

The changes were rung and quite rightly

The fans were in uproar unsightly

They'll knock us for six with that goon in the sticks

and the Bell end and Bennet playing shitely

If anything else, now our Tinker

Has got an excuse for a stinker

Where Rovers get tubbed, and our noses are rubbed

In the brown stuff served up by this winker.

(Can you tell I'm not a great fan of change for change' sake?)

Edited by WIR Second Coming
  • Like 6

• Backroom

We have 2 home games coming up. We can go back to the team we had in the 5 games previous for them. 

It's perfectly logical to utilise the squad. 

Complete overreaction from some

Agree, the team was on its arse at the end of the Swansea game. Changes were needed!

• Like 3

presumably bennet will be on the left,complete **** because his left foot is only useful for keeping him upright and brereton on the right,i don`t think the lad is much use,but please give a chance to show us he is`nt by playing him in his rightful position,i said this on wednesday,mowbray can`t help himself,not just one or two changes,basically a bloody new team with players out of position

OK trying to calm down.

Johnson should be more than capable of playing the Evans role of late. Just as long as he is match fit. / alert.

Holtby instead of Dack. Forced and OK.

Bennett instead if Arma. OK Arma has been largely shit.

Brereton instead of Rothwell. OK he was lost the last game but not sure this is going to work.

Bell instead of Downing is a sackable offence. 

He may play Gallagher out wide and Brereton up top or even keep swapping them about just because he needs to keep everyone happy.

We have 2 home games coming up. We can go back to the team we had in the 5 games previous for them. 

It's perfectly logical to utilise the squad. 

Complete overreaction from some

The next of which is in 9 days, plenty of time for rest.

We have a winning formula at the moment, no wonder people are so annoyed. Essentially raising the white flag with that side. Lets hope hes proved a genius at 5 o clock. 

• Backroom

Well with no Dack it may be Tony taking the chance to try something different should he leave in January

Couldn’t predict where they all will play but keen to see how Gally and Brereton do together; £13m of Young British talent

Could be a slightly obscure master stroke here 

2-1 rovers 

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

OK trying to calm down.

Johnson should be more than capable of playing the Evans role of late. Just as long as he is match fit. / alert.

Holtby instead of Dack. Forced and OK.

Bennett instead if Arma. OK Arma has been largely shit.

Brereton instead of Rothwell. OK he was lost the last game but not sure this is going to work.

Bell instead of Downing is a sackable offence. 

He may play Gallagher out wide and Brereton up top or even keep swapping them about just because he needs to keep everyone happy.

Personally I think starting a 35-year-old Downing two and a half days after him playing 94 mins away at Swansea would be more deserving of the sack. Keeping that bloke fit is key to our season IMO.

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, roversfan99 said:

He named a similar "experimental" side in limp away defeats at Sheff United and Reading last season.

Got to try new things at times though, may not always come off 

• Like 1

I won’t pass judgment until we see some play; it’s unconventional to say the least, but if Tony makes no changes (other than forced ones), some would say he’s stale, predictable, etc.

The guy will get the back of the hand, no matter matter he does. He deserves some credit for 16 pts in the last 21, when most everyone was sizing up new managers by Boxing Day. 

• Like 1

Just now, WacoRover said:

I won’t pass judgment until we see some play; it’s unconventional to say the least, but if Tony makes no changes (other than forced ones), some would say he’s stale, predictable, etc.

Yeah I can just hear us all complaining about consistently winning games... this is so stale and these 3 points are so predictable.

What is predictable is the reaction if we don"t win this football match today.