BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (A) - Bradley Dack's Christmas Break

I just hope Brereton isn't on the right, I think he's been poor there every time and it hasn't helped his confidence at all.  Don't want Gallagher on the right either.

Can understand the consternation on here regarding the amount of changes but if these two do play together up front at least it will be interesting to see how they do together.

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We have 2 home games coming up. We can go back to the team we had in the 5 games previous for them. 

It's perfectly logical to utilise the squad. 

Complete overreaction from some

Absolutely spot on. Give people a chance to shine, put others in the shop window, keep the squad energized in car of injuries, rest key players. The formation is a risk but if players fancy an extended run in the team this is a great chance to shine. 3 out of 4 defenders are proven. Fortune favors the brave - hopefully. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

SIX changes

ELwIgdQWkAA4WG4?format=png&name=900x900

Without doubt, the worst side we have fielded this season.

Players out of position, players not good enough. Our left hand side is the stuff of nightmares. Right hand side isn’t much better.

Surely must be some kind of message to Venkys for January. It’s like not winning/performing on Wednesday means that the “fans choice” team wasn’t up to it and he knows best.

Just when we dared to think that he had learned from previous mistakes. I’m not buying tiredness either, not for 6 players. Dack being suspended and it being a “top 6 side” has given him an excuse to mess with things instead of sticking with what works and using one, maybe two, changes in personnel in a system that worked.

If we lose today it’s ALL on Mowbray. Here’s hoping we nick it 1-0 but I can’t see it. February may well come early this season.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Without doubt, the worst side we have fielded this season.

Players out of position, players not good enough. Our left hand side is the stuff of nightmares. Right hand side isn’t much better.

Surely must be some kind of message to Venkys for January. It’s like not winning/performing on Wednesday means that the “fans choice” team wasn’t up to it and he knows best.

Just when we dared to think that he had learned from previous mistakes. I’m not buying tiredness either, not for 6 players. Dack being suspended and it being a “top 6 side” has given him an excuse to mess with things instead of sticking with what works and using one, maybe two, changes in personnel in a system that worked.

If we lose today it’s ALL on Mowbray. Here’s hoping we nick it 1-0 but I can’t see it. February may well come early this season.

:rolleyes:

Horrible, horrible team. 

In fairness as I posted in another thread can the previously selected players keep going given age and fitness issues of many? 

That said even if the answer to that question is no the answer certainly doesn't lie in Bennett at left mid and Bereton in any shape or form, much less out of position. 

Not happy with Bell in the team either but realistically who else have we got who is fit and can play there. At least Nayambe retains his position and we are playing 2 defensive mids. 

No real surprises here, they clearly struggled on Weds to match previous effort levels. It's not about the players having 9 days rest before the next 3 games in 6 days, more about some of them being knackered after 4 games in 2 weeks. I doubt any other club has started their last 4 games unchanged.

Holtby for Dack enforced & common sense. Johnson for Evans like for like, Evans has run & run & run for 4 games in succession after a long time not featuring. Rothwell has been ineffective, so his replacement there is unsurprising. Similar with Armstrong & BB, albeit to a lesser extent.

DG & SG I'm ok with in the circumstances. 

Bell coming in is unfortunate, but Downing was allegedly poor on Weds & can only be replaced by Bell to keep a regular back 4.

It'll be tough today, was always going to be. 

• Like 2

Jesus lads, what did you expect? The lads were dead on their feet on Wednesday night. The manager has dropped several hints about resting players this week. I posted a team with a similar number of changes on one of the threads this week....it was very obvious what was going to happen.

Be interesting to see how we actually line up today rather than Rich Sharpes guess.

Im glad he’s giving BB and SG a start. My biggest worry is Bell at lb who is about as useful as a handbrake on a canoe.

• Like 6

Bell is my biggest concern, he's a shocking left back.

Work rate should be at least as good as the team we have been fielding recently.

As others have said, our left (if Bennett is on the left) looks extremely weak.

Anyway, chance for the newbies to stake a claim.

COYB 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Jesus lads, what did you expect? The lads were dead on their feet on Wednesday night. The manager has dropped several hints about resting players this week. I posted a team with a similar number of changes on one of the threads this week....it was very obvious what was going to happen.

Be interesting to see how we actually line up today rather than Rich Sharpes guess.

Im glad he’s giving BB and SG a start. My biggest worry is Bell at lb who is about as useful as a handbrake on a canoe.

Exactly Paul

I did say the players were shattered on Wednesday.