BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (A) - Bradley Dack's Christmas Break

Just now, Pedro said:

Might be some sendings off. Fighting in the tunnel

Knowing our luck we’ll be back out for the second half with 9 men. Not sure what sparked that. Just before half time Johnson looked to have had a go at Mowbray but a minute later they’d made up. Didn’t see what sparked the tunnel frenzy though.

• Like 1

Just now, Doug said:

Winning at half time and the sky bet stats look good for a tough away game.

C'mon blues, keep it going this second half (it's the hope that kills you).

We've created good chances but also rode our luck. I can't see a clean sheet tbh so we need a couple more. Too many crosses coming in from our left side, although Bell has been much improved so far.

Brereton has been good and has just missed a final ball. He’s certainly throwing himself about and working hard. I’d like to see him stay on the pitch in the second half to see if he settles into the game a bit more, he has been out for a long time with injury after a fairly disastrous first season. Holtby showed a bit of class near the end but overplayed his pass a little. Bennett has played well and even Bell has been dependable. Nyambe is my choice for best player so far. 

• Like 4

Just now, Mr. E said:

Fiery game so far. Both teams could have had a couple of goals. Cracking goal by Johnson, more players need to have the confidence to smash it in.

But Brereton is the worst footballer on the pitch. It is sad to say so but he looks utterly devoid of skill. Was in several very good positions and has 0 control of the ball. Needs to be replaced immediately.

Bell however has had one of his better games so far. Nyambe too. Holtby has shown class. Gallagher frustrating, had one very good effort, but was cold for most of the half. The sooner Graham comes on the better.

It's amazing how we can watch the same game and come away with different opinions.

To me Holtby has been anonymous. Gallagher has lead the line well and Brereton has looked ok playing off him. A promising partnership, if given time to develop. 

• Like 1

Thought Brereton has looked okay so far. It’s his first start of the season after a long injury lay off. He’s been linking up well with Gallagher. Set up quite a nice shot for Johnson but it was saved by the keeper.

Bell has done well as well.

Bristol have fashioned some chances but they look tired compared to us. We need to keep the pressing game going next half and we’ll be fine.

• Like 5

Just now, OnePhilT said:

One thing we're doing superbly is annoying Bristol City. Bits of free-kicks, niggling away at them, and perhaps getting the crowd feeling hard-done and frustrated.  Going a goal-up so early on, I thought it was only a matter of time before we might find ourselves behind before the break. Bristol City have had about three great opportunities to level-up, but we're a bit fortunate that they haven't done so.

Other than that, we're doing quite well. Bristol City are clearly targeting Bell, but he's holding up quite well so far. Nyambe is superb at making forward forays. We could have easily had another goal ourselves when Johnson had a clear shot on the edge of the box, but he placed it straight at the keeper. Walton made a sublime save in 8th minute to keep us ahead; I was certain that it was going in.

Brereton is looking pretty much as expected; a bit clumsy on the ball. I suspect we'll see Rothwell come on for him at some point.

Gally needs to be careful now that he's on a yellow. I think he'll get another 15-20 minutes before we see Graham come on.

We'll need to weather a storm for the next 20 minutes or so. If Bristol City get an early goal, I think it's going to be backs to the wall while they search for a winner.

COYB. Let's keep it solid.

if nyambe was relieved of having to get back and defend,which is something he`s never got the hang of,he`d be an absolute monster,he`d  be a full backs worst nightmare

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

if nyambe was relieved of having to get back and defend,which is something he`s never got the hang of,he`d be an absolute monster,he`d  be a full backs worst nightmare

He doesn't have the skill to play RW.

He's like when Emerton played at RB - fantastic athlete who beats you with pace / as the overlapping player. Stand him up and he doesn't know how to consistently beat his man (if his man can somewhat match him for pace).

• Like 1