BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (A) - Bradley Dack's Christmas Break

Just now, LDRover said:

Held back from commenting after the team selection but safe to say I wasn't particularly thrilled with it. However, that is a great result and really opens up the league for us now. Can't believe I'm typing this as these players looked 'gone' a few weeks ago, but I think we look as strong as any team in this league right now. 

There's absolutely no reason why we can't realistically think top 6 now and, for that, huge credit has to go to Mowbray - for the change in mindset as much as anything.

Yes - I didn't comment on the team selection either. Whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion, when you are playing again after 3 days it is always worth remembering that the manager and coaching staff will have information available to them regarding fitness and recovery characteristics for each player that we do not have and that will help to drive the selection.

• Like 2

Just now, stinny1 said:

I'm not having that TM was making mistakes with his team set up. Theres no coincidence  that he started  playing lads in there right places and kept a settled team on the pitch . And theve gone on this cracking  little run . Now if we can keep this run going and add a striker with quality on loan   and a Defender or mybe two and we could take some stopping

Pretty much. You saw it in the Barnsley match, their manager looked at our bench in amazement.

Besides a slight lack of pace out wide, we've got a very, very strong squad for this division. We should be challenging for the Playoffs. 

2 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Absolutely spot on. Give people a chance to shine, put others in the shop window, keep the squad energized in car of injuries, rest key players. The formation is a risk but if players fancy an extended run in the team this is a great chance to shine. 3 out of 4 defenders are proven. Fortune favors the brave - hopefully. 

Indeed it does 

Fantastic away performance, locked down the middle of the pitch tightly and forced Bristol out on the flanks, where they ran into the immense Nyambe and Bell again and again. I was also impressed with Holtby's class mixed with defensive toughness and Johnson's calm performance, miles away from the maverick midfielder he's looked like up until now. Only disappointment was Brereton, who didn't play disastrously but looks devoid of confidence as well as afraid of being injured. Looks more and more like he should be loaned out to League 1 or somewhere in Europe to give him a proper chance to build himself up again. 

3 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

There once was a bloke called Tony

Whose teams were consistently phoney

Without Bradley Dack, to lead the attack

This team plays like a one trick pony

A saturday night in December

Gave the Rovers fans much to remember

But sadly for some, it was more hit and run

As the Bristol passed by each defender

The changes were rung and quite rightly

The fans were in uproar unsightly

They'll knock us for six with that goon in the sticks

and the Bell end and Bennet playing shitely

If anything else, now our Tinker

Has got an excuse for a stinker

Where Rovers get tubbed, and our noses are rubbed

In the brown stuff served up by this winker. 

(Can you tell I'm not a great fan of change for change' sake?)

Time for me to eat my words

Twas Bristol who turned up as turds

The Mighty Rovers from the first

Stepped up and let them Brizzlers do their worst

They huffed and puffed and passed and ran

But all to no avail, cos to a man

The Rovers stood there firm and fine

And scored two goals, both quite sublime

Whatever Tinker Tony's done

It seems to work quite well, then some

So, fair play Mowbray, enjoy the calls

Of Rovers finallly grow some balls!

Top game. Never looked in doubt (although there were a couple of chances that, had they been converted) might have changed the complexion of the game. City looked like the hapless chumps we've become used to watching. so it was great to see the boot on the other foot for a change!

Blackburn Rovers - FORM TEAM OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP GOING INTO CHRISTMAS!

Now, there's a turn up for the books!

COY Christmas B!

Edited by WIR Second Coming
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Dirty Leeds scum and Baggies are up

See Leeds slipping up like today. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Thank God that despite the 6 changes we kept to the same formation, that was the key.

2nd half was very little football. We were very disciplined and Travis and Johnson were terrific in the center. Bristol had one big chance but other than that completely did not turn up for the second half, they didn't even seem to try. Very strange.

Has Bell done enough to be recalled? One of his best games today, but again, hard to judge as Bristol really did not pressure him much, especially in the second half.

The squad is together and playing for each other..

IMO, Mowbray and the players must have had a team meeting about our form and now we seeing the reward from that

8 minutes ago, bazza said:

The whingeing when the team was announced was unreal. Still, what do we fans know, hey? I had us down for a 2-0 defeat.

Great result.

Thats why I dont go OTT over the team selection and tactics. 

4 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’m getting to the realms of thinking relegation no longer a threat. Even if the wheels come off should get 18 more points from 24 games. 

Never thought we would be involved anyway

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Armstrong
His first contribution was winning a ball when you wouldn't think it could be won. His second contribution was being an opportunist for his goal. I don't want this to sound negative, but I do think his best contributions come from off the bench. He won't be happy as a bench-player, but if that's what is required for the good of the team...

Heard on comms that he's already equalled his goal tally from last year, admittedly he only scored 5 last year but if he carries on like this he should have 10-15 goals by the end of the season. Encouraging signs with Dack still scoring as he always does.

We're entering dangerous territory now though, two home games where I think everyone will be expecting to win and the pressure will be on, hopefully two decent Ewood crowds that will stay patient if we're not 1-0 up in the first 10 mins, think the lads have earned that over the past few weeks.

• Like 6

Just now, Erased Citizen said:

Heard on comms that he's already equalled his goal tally from last year, admittedly he only scored 5 last year but if he carries on like this he should have 10-15 goals by the end of the season. Encouraging signs with Dack still scoring as he always does.

If he can consistently show the composure he did for the finish today, then he'll be a real quality player for this level.

• Like 1