BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (A) - Bradley Dack's Christmas Break

19 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We didn’t. It was 4-4-2.

And it worked brilliantly, when you play a basic formation like that you need to be organised and hard working and we were that today, as well as when we had the ball getting it forward quickly and knocking it around really well. Really good performance today and it showed we can actually play more than one formation. Nyambe was excellent, Johnson scored a goal and set up one which for someone who hasn’t had much game time recently was impressive. Holtby was excellent on the ball, Benno put a shit in, Travis did what he does and Gallagher ran his bollocks off. Brereton looked poor, had his chance today up front and it was the usual from him, he seems low on confidence but at the same time I’m questioning whether the ability is even there to begin with... Anyway, nice little break now till Wigan at home who are in shocking form. Get in boys, what a few weeks it’s been for us. 

29 minutes ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

Well fucking done my Rovers!!! I'm still on moon cause we defeated a cery good team amd after a very tight match speacially first half...bristol did a good game but they we were better i know that in this group there are some moaners that would be talkig crap like "we did a horrible match but we were lucky or we doesen't deserve to win" or crqp like thst why? Well cause they doesen't really love this colors...if youbate a true supporter it doesen't matter where you come from it matters to support even on bad times...you could be desagree with a lot of things the gaffer the tsctics the way we are playing the players seleccion etc... but what a true supporter never does is to TALK BAD or SHET about their own colors isn't?

You gotta quit it with this patronising, superfan claptrap everytime we get a good result. It's not endearing and only creates discord.

• Like 5

• Backroom
Just now, OnePhilT said:

It's great to have won in this manner, but I think we need to recognise how easily it could have been different. Bristol City had three clear chances to equalise in the first-half, and even in their awful second-half performance, they had a glaring opportunity to do the same. We are (whether we like it or not) fortunate that it didn't happen, and we went on to capitalise to make it 2-0.

I've no doubt that Mowbray will be looking at one or two of those events in order to work on it, because we're far from comfortable winners of any given match. Not being negative, but the nerves I had throughout our slender lead are justified, I think!

Much like most of the teams in and around our position, a lot of it comes down to a combination of confidence and luck. The only teams in the division who are above that in terms of performance are WBA and Leeds, and the table conclusively proves that. The rest of us are at the mercy of the footballing gods and praying for continued good fortune. 

Also apologies that I seem to be repeatedly quoting you, genuinely not intentional ?

First time on here in 24 hours, I’m assuming there was as a huge dissatisfaction with the team selection, then everyone got positive following?

cant be assed reading negative stuff before everyone went positive, but in short, what a great result and I’m assuming performance having seen none of it.

enjoy all 

1 hour ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

Well fucking done my Rovers!!! I'm still on moon cause we defeated a cery good team amd after a very tight match speacially first half...bristol did a good game but they we were better i know that in this group there are some moaners that would be talkig crap like "we did a horrible match but we were lucky or we doesen't deserve to win" or crqp like thst why? Well cause they doesen't really love this colors...if youbate a true supporter it doesen't matter where you come from it matters to support even on bad times...you could be desagree with a lot of things the gaffer the tsctics the way we are playing the players seleccion etc... but what a true supporter never does is to TALK BAD or SHET about their own colors isn't?
Letsstill celebrating but not to much pals cause we are on the most difficult part of the table...to survive in this possition is the task this campaign i guess and I'm sure we will...
So surprised about or development i have to say that when i saw Tony idea i was a little nervous but what a way to shut our mouths isn't? I knew  Johnson would be vital in this match because of his sacrifice and vecaise is the natural palyer that we have to do the dirty job and to try to retail ball but he did much more than that he scored and he was one of the best players today!
Come On You Rovers! We are showig what we are capable to do this season and if we stil playing like that who knows what could happens? Whoever to me showig this level I'm more than glad this is just our second year into this tier again so I'm not hurry inwamt my team stil building the correct background and infrastructure to put my team on 1st toer and stay ther much more than just one season!
#ImRoversTillIDie 
#COYBBR
#TheMexicanRover

Esa es una publicación increíble. juego limpio para ti mi amigo
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Butty said:

And it worked brilliantly, when you play a basic formation like that you need to be organised and hard working and we were that today, as well as when we had the ball getting it forward quickly and knocking it around really well. Really good performance today and it showed we can actually play more than one formation. Nyambe was excellent, Johnson scored a goal and set up one which for someone who hasn’t had much game time recently was impressive. Holtby was excellent on the ball, Benno put a shit in, Travis did what he does and Gallagher ran his bollocks off. Brereton looked poor, had his chance today up front and it was the usual from him, he seems low on confidence but at the same time I’m questioning whether the ability is even there to begin with... Anyway, nice little break now till Wigan at home who are in shocking form. Get in boys, what a few weeks it’s been for us. 

" Benno put a shit in " ! Where abouts on the pitch was that ?

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

It's great to have won in this manner, but I think we need to recognise how easily it could have been different. Bristol City had three clear chances to equalise in the first-half, and even in their awful second-half performance, they had a glaring opportunity to do the same. We are (whether we like it or not) fortunate that it didn't happen, and we went on to capitalise to make it 2-0.

I've no doubt that Mowbray will be looking at one or two of those events in order to work on it, because we're far from comfortable winners of any given match. Not being negative, but the nerves I had throughout our slender lead are justified, I think!

It's all fine margins, if you don't hit the onion bag then you don't win games. Very proud of my team. Not Mowbray biggest fan and I was calling for his head a few weeks back. So I will eat my words as I've got it wrong. Somethings clicked however I'm sure Brereton won a competition online to become a football, he has the worst first touch I've seen. He Goodwille MK2

• Like 1

Just now, Yonder12 said:

It's all fine margins, if you don't hit the onion bag then you don't win games. Very proud of my team. Not Mowbray biggest fan and I was calling for his head a few weeks back. So I will eat my words as I've got it wrong. Somethings clicked however I'm sure Brereton won a competition online to become a football, he has the worst first touch I've seen. He Goodwille MK2

Brereton's not quite the right shape to be a football, needs the Dunny diet for that.

• Like 2

Mowbrays signings have been excellent, Tosin obviously and Downing, but you look at Johnson then today and his attitude to come back in and have a game like that after being dropped. Holtby, what a cracking signing too. A lot of criticism about Mowbrays dealings in the transfer market over the years, but he has excelled recently. Oh ya Gallagher too. Just great stuff. 

It's a pity we haven't broken into the play off places yet on this run, but if we keep it up there is every chance we will be 3rd going into January. 

Now,bring on the next one. Gonna be hard to pick the starting 11. 

• Like 3

Fine margins - which is the beauty of the game. yes, Williams missed a glaring opportunity and for 10 - 15 minutes in the first half they were on top. On the other side of the coin, Gallagher forced a great save from their keeper and Johnson probably should have scored a second.

You could probably say similar for most matches in the championship. We took our chances, they didt. We looked dangerous on the break, they couldnt break us down. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Credit to Walton too. Dont care what anyone says, he makes me less nervous than Raya. Tosin and Walton for Mulgrew and Raya has worked. 

Still not sold on Walton at all, seems very slow to get the ball rolling for me and he has lost us quite a few points this season.he did have a solid game tonight though - so hopefully that continues. Agree on Tosin though - that guy gets pissed when he has to pass it back to the keeper or lump it long. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Still not sold on Walton at all, seems very slow to get the ball rolling for me and he has lost us quite a few points this season.he did have a solid game tonight though - so hopefully that continues. Agree on Tosin though - that guy gets pissed when he has to pass it back to the keeper or lump it long. 

It's from crosses I feel less nervous. There was the one against Preston,but generally he does well. That's a huge pressure off for the defence. That Raya Mulgrew axis just made me want to cry so many times :D

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's from crosses I feel less nervous. There was the one against Preston,but generally he does well. That's a huge pressure off for the defence. That Raya Mulgrew axis just made me want to cry so many times :D

Distribution more for me and that was what some had against Raya - in my opinion Waltons is worse. not even close in fact. So many times he claims these crosses but he is never quick to release, get attacks going. Annoys me. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Distribution more for me and that was what some had against Raya - in my opinion Waltons is worse. not even close in fact. So many times he claims these crosses but he is never quick to release, get attacks going. Annoys me. 

Ya,could be better. Raya had a decent throw, but his kicking was awful. 

Between them they would make some keeper