BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (A) - Bradley Dack's Christmas Break

I loved watching that, best team performance of the season by a country mile for me. Some players put a real stake in the ground - Bell, Johnson, Gallagher and Holtby were all excellent. 

Plenty of food for thought:

- That team would’ve beaten Wednesday’s team I reckon.

- Not having time build the team around Dack does throw up some interesting options.

• Like 3

Thank God that despite the 6 changes we kept to the same formation, that was the key.

2nd half was very little football. We were very disciplined and Travis and Johnson were terrific in the center. Bristol had one big chance but other than that completely did not turn up for the second half, they didn't even seem to try. Very strange.

Has Bell done enough to be recalled? One of his best games today, but again, hard to judge as Bristol really did not pressure him much, especially in the second half.

Can't remember feeling this kinda buzz for a long long time about the rovers.

Tinker man 1, everyone else 0

I did say the changes would be enforced but we looked fit as fiddles today and competed none stop.

God help Wigan, they're getting absolutely panned.

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

I loved watching that, best team performance of the season by a country mile for me. Some players put a real stake in the ground - Bell, Johnson, Gallagher and Holtby were all excellent. 

Plenty of food for thought:

- That team would’ve beaten Wednesday’s team I reckon.

- Not having time build the team around Dack does throw up some interesting options.

I was going to say, based on that performance I don't know how Dack gets back in the team. But he will because he's our top goalscorer. 

Bit like Rhodes - you have to build your team around him, but he's a passenger for 80 minutes.

Just now, bazza said:

The whingeing when the team was announced was unreal. Still, what do we fans know, hey? I had us down for a 2-0 defeat.

Great result.

If we had played with the formation that was being spread around when the team was announced we would have lost. This just shows that we have a good squad but we must, we must stick to the 4-2-3-1 formation this season.

Best result of the season so far that. Massive credit to TM, totally turned things around. Gallagher looks like there is something there. Great feet for a big man and never stops running. I have hope yet that he could fill the DG void and possibly offer even more.

Bell, fair play, he needed that performance. Nyambe, for me he has come on leaps and bounds since coming back into the team. Him and Lenihan getting back into the team nicely coincides with our recent run.Nyambe had that LB on toast all night - it was almost effortless for him to get past him. 

• Like 1

Held back from commenting after the team selection but safe to say I wasn't particularly thrilled with it. However, that is a great result and really opens up the league for us now. Can't believe I'm typing this as these players looked 'gone' a few weeks ago, but I think we look as strong as any team in this league right now. 

There's absolutely no reason why we can't realistically think top 6 now and, for that, huge credit has to go to Mowbray - for the change in mindset as much as anything.

• Like 7

I'm not having that TM was making mistakes with his team set up. Theres no coincidence  that he started  playing lads in there right places and kept a settled team on the pitch . And theve gone on this cracking  little run . Now if we can keep this run going and add a striker with quality on loan   and a Defender or mybe two and we could take some stopping

• Like 1

The guys with a point to prove proved it. The manager was bold and fortune favours  the brave. This is a huge result as we go into the holidays. How nice to have a real selection headache.
Mixed views on BB on the board. I was lunching with a Forest fan who watched him regularly. He said he is  lightning quick and an intelligent player. When Graham retires his time will come. 

• Like 3

Too many changes and too many players in the wrong position and what do I know... Great 3 points and huge credit to TM. Wasn't the obvious team or tactics and was a really hard place.to come to - only lost 2 at home in a competitive season - so credit to TM  I'm one of his biggest critics but this was a fantastic result. Winning games like this is the stuff of promotion. I think most people would have taken a point and getting wins in these situations is what makes a promotion team.different from an also ran. It's only 1 tricky game but coupled with a run of home.wins it looks encouraging. 

Not going to get too excited by Bell, Bereton or Johnson's performances - still not convinced they are good players. BUT it is a hugely encouraging sign that they can and did put in a decent performance. I'd still strengthen in Jan but even these players not being dead weights would be a huge step forward. Encouraging signs, although not getting too carried away yet. 

Worries - too hunky dorey that we don't strengthen in Jan and the squad still looks thin in places. But when all players even your weaker ones perform well you know you are heading in the right direction. 

• Like 1