BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ep 122 - Jim Smith - The Bald Eagle

A special tribute to former Rovers manager Jim Smith who sadly passed away earlier this week. Written by Jim Wilkinson, narrated by Ian Herbert.

Special additional Tony Mowbray interview by Michael Taylor & Louis G.

Thanks again to The Symmetry Band for all the music used.

IMG_1188.jpeg

View full record

• Like 3

7 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Ian I think you've upset Stuart with this!

I presume because it’s written by Jim W ?

The piece is a worthy tribute to a fine manager. Jim W’s pieces on Ken Furphy & Howard Kendall were also terrific & were warmly received.

I will gladly consider pieces from anyone who wants to submit something for future podcasts. We are a broad church. ??

• Like 3

Excellent piece by Jim who captured the period and Jim Smith brilliantly.  They were happy days following Smith's team.   He delivered an exciting brand of football with a mixture of youth and experience and was probably just a centre-forward short of achieving a return to the top flight.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Excellent piece by Jim who captured the period and Jim Smith brilliantly.  They were happy days following Smith's team.   He delivered an exciting brand of football with a mixture of youth and experience and was probably just a centre-forward short of achieving a return to the top flight.

Totally agree - a couple of players short of promotion - for those who have never seen how they played the first goal below encapsulates his style - the second was just Noel !

RIP Jim great memories

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grinder said:

Totally agree - a couple of players short of promotion - for those who have never seen how they played the first goal below encapsulates his style - the second was just Noel !

RIP Jim great memories

Bloody hell, look at that pitch ! Brings back some memories of amateur football. I always wore what we called " Basketball Boots " in those conditions. Studded boots could put you on your arse if you weren't careful !

The glories of Boxing Day 77 had dimmed my memory as to how unexceptional the first two years of Bald Eagle’s reign actually were. We were in danger of going straight back down until a couple of unlikely away wins late in the season. Still, in those days we didn’t rip up our season tickets every time we dropped a few points.

• Like 5