BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan Athletic (H) - Monday Night Football (urgh..)

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Don't necessarily agree. With games a week apart, absolutely.

3 games in 6 days is clearly too much for him. He isn't going to perform at peak levels in that run if he plays every match. So as I said before, I'd play him in the first and last games of the run.

Gally will have something to prove against Birmingham anyway.

You have your opinion, but personally I would play him in the first game, see how he does, start him in the second and replace him if and when required 

• Backroom
13 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Well, I was wrong, it was actually a whole 2 people - As Mr Wilkinson has hilariously pointed out on twitter. Twerp honestly went to the trouble of scrawling posts to count - all for a single like. 

Sounds about right for the kind of saddo that apparently screenshots websites for his twitter account. You'd think being a journalist/blogger of some sort he'd be able to generate his own content.

It's actually quite hilarious how obsessed he seems to be with trying to paint the site in a particular light while driving web traffic here as a result.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

Sounds about right for the kind of saddo that apparently screenshots websites for his twitter account. You'd think being a journalist/blogger of some sort he'd be able to generate his own content.

It's actually quite hilarious how obsessed he seems to be with trying to paint the site in a particular light while driving web traffic here as a result.

How come you are still shown as 

Former ST holder (now boycotting)

Let's keep it simple. Standard back 4 with Downing back in. Not sure I trust Bell to have another good game.

Let's go with the stats and get Evans and Travis back together. Also Evans is in the form of his life, which is rare, so let's capitalise whilst it lasts.

Dack, Holtby Armstrong for me . Armstrong is on form and therefore merits a place, Holtby I think may have a bit more nous - although wouldn't be disappointed with Rothwell there and his battling brought to the mix -and Dack because he is essential

Graham up front because he is better than Gally, more likely to get a goal and has a better partnership with Dack. 

Keep a winning team where possible and let's keep the run going. 

• Like 4

Just now, Blue blood said:

Let's keep it simple. Standard back 4 with Downing back in. Not sure I trust Bell to have another good game.

Let's go with the stats and get Evans and Travis back together. Also Evans is in the form of his life, which is rare, so let's capitalise whilst it lasts.

Dack, Holtby Armstrong for me . Armstrong is on form and therefore merits a place, Holtby I think may have a bit more nous - although wouldn't be disappointed with Rothwell there and his battling brought to the mix -and Dack because he is essential

Graham up front because he is better than Gally, more likely to get a goal and has a better partnership with Dack. 

Keep a winning team where possible but make the four changes you mention ?. Do agree on the points you make though.

13 minutes ago, Songman said:

Keep a winning team where possible but make the four changes you mention ?. Do agree on the points you make though.

Ahem, yes. The 4 changes back to the team that did the majority of the winning run. Not sure the changes made for the last game would have been made had we not had 4 games in quick succession. With a decent rest those who have done the majority of our good run should be ready to play. 

We have got two sides -

one which P5 W4 D1 L0

and a very different one which pulled off the best win of this season and probably several seasons back.

Hope Mowbray doesn't split the difference and resurrect something approximating the confused bunch who played awfully and lost 8 times.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

99% with this, total sense.

Personally i prefer Arma as a sub at the min and Rothwell despite him not always tearing up trees brings a bit more balance to it from the off imo.

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

We have got two sides -

one which P5 W4 D1 L0

and a very different one which pulled off the best win of this season and probably several seasons back.

Hope Mowbray doesn't split the difference and resurrect something approximating the confused bunch who played awfully and lost 8 times.

But for me the second side more represents the type that has struggled and normally looked a bit disjointed. The first side is the one we are more all about and more comfortable with, the one which has transformed the season.

No brainer for me that's the number 1 way to go with the other being an option B.  No more mix and match between the two though that's where the problems start. Keep it balanced, keep it simple.

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

How come you are still shown as 

Former ST holder (now boycotting)

Because I won't get a ST until my dad stops his ST boycott, which will be when Venkys go.

We pick at least one game a season though.

27 minutes ago, tomphil said:

99% with this, total sense.

Personally i prefer Arma as a sub at the min and Rothwell despite him not always tearing up trees brings a bit more balance to it from the off imo.

Yeah I totally can see this and think you are quite possibly correct. On paper I would possibly go with this too. Thing is though Arma's recent form necessitates that he is in the team. 2 goals and 2 assists in the last 6 games is a good return and if we are picking the team on performance levels I'd have to have Arma in there. 

Great we are debating who is best to go in the team rather than least worst! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it not very harsh on Armstrong after 2 goals and 2 assists in 6 games to drop him? Especially at home for the much more conservative Bennett who did OK at Bristol City but doesnt offer much of an attacking threat. Its also quite a slow team.

Johnson would be a harsh dropping too, but then I suppose so would either of the other 2. Thats an area whereby someone has to be dropped because of a selection headache of a positive kind.

Graham and Dack have to play, as does Downing, definitely agree there.

Ya,maybe I just find Armstrong frustrating as he just doesnt turn up sometimes. I think this game will be a battle and if we let them get on top physically,then we could lose it. That's why I would go with Bennett there. 

For that reason I was undecided on Johnson. I just think Evans is more mobile and that could be good against their midfield. 

Doesn’t matter who is picked. Everything is in place:

in great form

no injuries or suspensions

at home

close to play off places

opposition are poor 

opposition we love to hate 

fans full of hope and optimism.

Can only mean one thing - an away win. We are Rovers after all.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rigger said:

So you replace him when he is actually struggling , not because he may struggle in a future game.

Maybe, but it's all about opinion. You could say that this game against Wigan is the "easiest" fixture of the next three, and if there was a game out of the three that DG needed to miss, this may be the one.

Personally I think DG should start and probably let SG start at Huddersfield. He's had much better luck at away games with a little less pressure, and he'll need the break after two games in four days.

11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Maybe, but it's all about opinion. You could say that this game against Wigan is the "easiest" fixture of the next three, and if there was a game out of the three that DG needed to miss, this may be the one.

Personally I think DG should start and probably let SG start at Huddersfield. He's had much better luck at away games with a little less pressure, and he'll need the break after two games in four days.

My thoughts would be, play the best team available in the first game and get three points in the bag. Then play the best team available in the next game. Repeat till the end of the season.

44 minutes ago, sabino said:

And there are 3 games in 6 days. We have a squad and will need to use it.

I like Danny G, but he is needing nursing through periods like this. As I'm sure Downing and other might also.

But the original debate was about the forward pairings. In my opinion there are two choices of pairings. Either Dack with Graham, or Gallagher with Brereton. Choose one or the other, do not mix and match.

On 17/12/2019 at 10:38, Bigdoggsteel said:

Absolutely we owe them revenge. That said not to confident on this one as we know whenever a team on a poor run comes to Ewood we normally help them out! When I booked tickets last night JW seemed 2/3 full so I imagine we will have a good crowd for this one so hopefully we don’t disappoint! 

We really at this stage of the season could do with a few of the winners 95 and the last promotion players like Flitcroft to come and have a chat to the players. A bit like what Ole has been doing down at carrington.

My team personally would be

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Downing

Bennett Travis Evans Johnson

Dack

Graham

23 hours ago, Mike E said:

Every club has its idiots and the like so I wouldn’t lose any sleep, it’s a bit sad to people post posts on Twitter, I’d have thought people would have better things to do.

Didn’t realise it’s 20 years since Jack passed in the summer. What a fitting tribute it would be if we could get lucky this year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rigger said:

But the original debate was about the forward pairings. In my opinion there are two choices of pairings. Either Dack with Graham, or Gallagher with Brereton. Choose one or the other, do not mix and match.

No, the original debate on this thread is the Wigan game.

And, if everytime Gallagher gets a game as striker, then Dack gets dropped, is just a bit silly.

• Like 2

Looking forward to this match immensely.... it's a real test of our ambitions going into the new year.

There can be no messing about, if we're serious about a top 6 place this has to be an emphatic win with a good performance.

Coming over Merceresque here but it has to be a 3-0 or better.

A draw or worse would be hard to take after the recent run raising our hopes (yet again)

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Looking forward to this match immensely.... it's a real test of our ambitions going into the new year.

There can be no messing about, if we're serious about a top 6 place this has to be an emphatic win with a good performance.

Coming over Merceresque here but it has to be a 3-0 or better.

A draw or worse would be hard to take after the recent run raising our hopes (yet again)

Agree that this is a game that we have to expect to win, but Wigan haven't been getting battered that often this year. I'd be more than happy with a win of any sort to keep the run going.

• Like 5