BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan Athletic (H) - Monday Night Football (urgh..)

Just now, Scotland1 said:

I’m taking my two brothers as it’s always been an Xmas tradition to watch the rovers. Last few years they’ve kept away but they’re looking forward to this. One is finishing work and coming from Glasgow the other from York to this game! 

If we can cut son e-ticket prices or do some deals the next month through January and cheer the lads on and keep in touch with the top six we’ve a chance and you never know venkys might turn back hot and go for it.

in reality so much riding on Monday’s game for all of us. I’m excited I’m nervous but can’t wait!

I'm coming down from dunfermline with 2 jocks who have never been to an English game. Hopefully they enjoy it

• Like 4

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Sod Wigan fans Scotland1....it's up to Rovers fans to raise the roof.

I take it your Brothers are good Rangers men? :tu:

I remember in league one having to go in the home end of bury as we’d taken 4000 ish. At ten quid a ticket given they charge us far more I thought it was a low figure from them but your right it’s up to us to raise the roof indeed. A good early goal for us will turn the place electric.

we are all Rangers pal! Had two old school pals down last week watching the gers game midweek! They both love rovers and the souness connection!

• Like 3

It was a good crowd and atmosphere in league 1 for this fixture despite tv and standard prices so hopefully a repeat of that.  Wigan will bring 2-2.5k which is decent for them and about normal here.

Hopefully we hand them their arses on the pitch.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, rigger said:

You will find that the only thing I said was that Dack plays at his best with Graham and not with our other strikers. If Graham is not selected, but Gallagher is, then Brereton would be a better partner  for him, than Dack. Pick the best partnership that is available.

Think you've been watching too many YouTube videos of Big Ben, and not what he's been doing on the pitch.

• Like 3

We’re proud to be. An example why we still are is Our dad spent 20 years serving the army and for the country like our grandad did in WW2. The way rangers celebrate any veteran each year is something truly class and not matched by any British team. 

I know your joking tho! @sabino

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 3

Just now, Scotland1 said:

We’re proud to be. An example why we still are is Our dad spent 20 years serving the army and for the country like our grandad did in WW2. The way rangers celebrate any veteran each year is something truly class and not matched by any British team. 

I know your joking tho! @sabino

Went on the pitch at ibrox against hearts in 2009. After herrick 9. Lost members of 45 commandos team thru injury/death. Contacted rangers and they couldn't do more

Got shown round the training ground the day before. Free bar all day and night of the game. Fans stayed in there seats at half time to applaud. Was unbelievable to be honest.

With my family being celtic they said they would be surprised if they would let us wear our green lids on the pitch. Lol.  In fact most of the lads were celtic tbh. They was blown away. One of the boys was a hearts fan who tackled a hearts player and did keep ups in front of the hearts fans to then reveal his hearts top. A paper up here ran with the story commando jambo. 

Long story and I apologise but good good memories.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

There was a stream of people getting tickets for both Wigan and Huddersfield when I was picking my Huddersfield tickets up this afternoon. 

They're now rock bottom too, let's inflict further damage

That's great to hear Dave. 

Hope we beat Wigan and Paul Cook gets sack there. 

40 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It's all set up

Rovers on a winning run

We're playing the bottom team

Pushing for the top 6

Bumper crowd excited in anticipation

We all know what happens next

Lets think positive Jim. Would take 1 nil boring win right now

Just now, philipl said:

Barnsley winning at Millwall tells us all we need to know about this one.

Results today mean there are no giddy heights available if we prevail on Monday so hope remains undimmed...

This division everyone can beat anyone. We need to focus on the job in hand and not take this too lightly

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Sod Wigan fans Scotland1....it's up to Rovers fans to raise the roof.

I take it your Brothers are good Rangers men? :tu:

Rangers men lol ? the ugly sisters rangers and Celtic akin to Liverpool man utd 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rigger said:

But Dack is usually not our best player when he doesn’t have Graham as a partner. With players running the channels, he tends to get by-passed, so he drops deeper to get the ball.

I would start Graham, by the time he's tired the match could be won! Gallagher looked better at Bristol though imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McClarky said:

I really hope not but this game has banana skin written all over it..  I suppose it’s good that we’re in a banana skin position for the first time in ages. I can see a Mickey Droy style 1-0 defeat. 

Wouldn't it be great if we put on a real performance,  but I do expect a hard work draw or 1-0 win. Don't think we  will lose 

8 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

You probably know better than me to be fair! As I say rough guesses but both Darwin and Blackburn ends seem 7500/8000 ish? So probably just the Jw thinking that’s bigger! 

Still a good effort. The upper tiers are not greyed out on the ticket site so I’m assuming 

Hi pal, please don't spell Darwen like that again or ill start referring to Scotland as Scutland. Cheers and Merry Christmas. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, damo100 said:

Aprox capacities with corporate viewing taken into account for each stand.

Hence why when an away club 'sell out' in the DE they never reach 8k sales usually 7.6k.

Plus they usually section off some seats for security reasons don't they?

Getting impatient for this now. We can't be in the play offs with how other results have gone but we can be on equal points with 6th. With games against Birmingham and Huddersfield to follow that's about as good as we could've hoped for at this time of the season. Can't actually believe we're in this position given where we were 8 weeks ago. 

I wonder when the wheels will fall off? ? Or do we think Mowbray has actually learnt from his past mistakes.. 

Edited by CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber
  • Like 1