BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan Athletic (H) - Monday Night Football (urgh..)

thats the difference between managers who go to the top or are going to the top and the also rans,imo players need to be kept motivated and in fear of their place in the side,as soon as they become comfortable their levels drop considerably,i think that is what is happening,if they don`t like it then ship them out and get better ones,the great liverpool sides of the 70`s and 80`s operated on the system "if you are not doing it on the pitch then you are not getting played on saturday"

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I've seen lots of Rovers promotion and relegation sides - and in my experience this ain't a promotion side. I've no faith in the ability of Mowbray to deliver promotion. But I hope I'm wrong. 

I hope you are wrong come May time. Look forward to this time. 

Merry Christmas Jim 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Players don't have to try too hard? Are you taking the piss or have you been on the beer already? That's is complete insult to our players.

There have been many games this season where the players have been coasting. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Players don't have to try too hard? Are you taking the piss or have you been on the beer already? That's is complete insult to our players. But its fans like you who couldn't for our players not to win one game you thought we could before yourself could stick the knife into our players and Manager!!! 

of course I have several different interviews from him. 

You find alot of this embarrassing tbh about our manager but I find him a honest, decent, people person with actually heart. Not a heartless person. I know which one I prefer and its Mowbray

How hard do you reckon they were trying last night Chaddy, first half especially ? I didn't go on the Wigan site but I'll bet what ever complaints they may have been making " We weren't trying " won't be one of them. I'm tired of seeing Rovers teams out enthused by less skillful teams. If you can't see that you weren't watching the same game as I was.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

nobody being childish roversfan99 apart from yourself. 

We have different options up front. Your attitude stinks. We have to adapt and develop a way of winning games. We won at Bristol City without Dack and Graham or last season at Home against Brentford we won without Dack and Graham. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't believe this favourites tag bollocks. Wigan shouldn't be bottom of the league based on last night performance. Games are won on the pitch not on a paper before games. Certain fans expect these types of games as walk over and they never are. People never learn. 

If you would have offered this position in the league 8 games ago or before the season starts I would have took the offer  

You keep saying "we have different options" and I am well aware that we have other players, but theres no evidence, suggestion or rational reasoning to suggest that any of them can come in and the team can continue to score at the same rate, which itself isnt THAT much. Dack scored goals before he came, and since he joined, hes consistently scored almost one every other game. Graham has also scored goals and has a track record but sadly seems to be slowing down. Who else will score whilst the former is out for a long time and the latter continues to age? Gallagher has 19 goals in 110 Championship games, only 2 this season, and even his best season he only scored 1 in 4. Armstrongs Championship record is less than 1 in 7, he scores infrequently. Based on previous games, there is more chance of Walton stepping up and scoring goals than our 7m man. Rothwell seems to be a 1 or 2 screamers a season type of player, no more. And Holtby is a good player but hes a creator. Who is going to score our goals?

We have different options in all of the positions youve named, so your argument is flawed. The reason we perhaps need a goalkeeper is because Christian Walton has made too many mistakes and Leutwiler is useless, but we do have other options. At left back, we have "different options" notably Bell and Williams who you presumably and I agree with your analysis see as not up to task. At centre back, you want adequate competition to our main 2 as Williams isnt up to it and is our only alternative. All 3 are fair, constructive suggestions of potential improvement. What I dont understand is that the players I have mentioned in the first paragraph quite simply also do not have any evidence behind them being able to step up to the plate, yet your mindset to that area of potential weakness is that players who have not scored goals simply "need to step up" which is naive and somewhat fanciful.

Regarding Wigan, they are a poor team, they were bottom because quite simply across the whole course of the season they have on a consistent basis been the worst team. They SHOULD be bottom of the league, end of. The fact that we repeatedly toil and drop points at home to poor teams is not indication that these are good teams falsely imprisoned in the relegation spots, it is a failing on our part as we do not have the attacking firepower or spark to break down poor teams who come for a point and often even sneak away with 3.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How hard do you reckon they were trying last night Chaddy, first half especially ? I didn't go on the Wigan site but I'll bet what ever complaints they may have been making " We weren't trying " won't be one of them. I'm tired of seeing Rovers teams out enthused by less skillful teams. If you can't see that you weren't watching the same game as I was.

why would I go on the Wigan site?

the players were trying of course. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

They didn't look a poor team last night. They impressed me from the start to the final whistle.

they only looked useful because we let them to be honest,did anyone in that first half get in amongst the wigan midfield,no they were mincing about like tarts,we only showed passion in the last hour half hour

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

They didn't look a poor team last night. They impressed me from the start to the final whistle.

They were hard working, they had a shape that they stuck to, They had a good spine to the team, they knew pressing our back four would bring results and it did. 

My main beef was that our guys that were receiving the ball from down field, from the back 4 let's say,  weren't side on most of the time so they were easily forced back towards where the ball had just come from.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

You keep saying "we have different options" and I am well aware that we have other players, but theres no evidence, suggestion or rational reasoning to suggest that any of them can come in and the team can continue to score at the same rate, which itself isnt THAT much. Dack scored goals before he came, and since he joined, hes consistently scored almost one every other game.

I'm sure we thought that when Shearer got injured long term in the 92/93 season. but as a team we found a way to score goals and perform. We finished 4th that season. It down to Mowbray to find a way to get us to win games 

Who is going to score our goals?

Havent I told you several times but you simply refused to accept my points of view or opinions

We have different options in all of the positions youve named, so your argument is flawed.

No, my argument isn't flawed 

What I dont understand is that the players I have mentioned in the first paragraph quite simply also do not have any evidence behind them being able to step up to the plate,

With your attitude we might have aswell just give up and not play.

You are very good and keep suggesting signing after signing without taking into account our squad size and budget. 

Unless you give the players to chance to show they can perform why bother having a squad. 

yet your mindset to that area of potential weakness is that players who have not scored goals simply "need to step up" which is naive and somewhat fanciful.

Well have they been given a chance to show they can step up? Of course not. Now to time to show that they can and perform without Dack, like they have before play and win without Dack as we have done before when he been unavailable to the team. 

There's a 7 million pound man signed for some god forsaken reason but some of the excuses for him surround us having to play Dack.  Now that won't be the case lets see why they signed him and what the intention to use him for really was.

Now he has a real chance to come in from the wilderness of the right hand side.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, CharlesBronson said:

Have to up it a bit then second half of the season.

We'll realistically need to aim for around 72-75 points, so yeah we need to be slightly better in the second half of the season and avoid any major nosedives in form. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e hoping it`s a case at the end of the season where someone in the hierarchy says "thanks for your efforts tony,you`ve done a fine job rebuilding the team and solidifying what was a squad heading nowhere,but you`ve gone as far as you possibly can,we are now looking for someone who can take us to a higher level" no disrespect to mowbray,he`s a nice fellow,was a fantastic defender but he`s reached his plateau of achievement,we cannot go any higher under his administration,i doubt this will happen but inconsistent team selections,negative tactics at home and a poor transfer policy are the hallmarks of the mowbray regime,we need a fresh start,it`s all to comfortable for some of our players

Remember similiar posts and friends saying that before we got rid of big Sam. 

Would you still be of that opinion if Danny Grahams header went it. 

Personally think Mowbrays signing have been good but if Gallagher and brereton dont improve then it will be poor overall.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't know that they weren't trying, it was more like they didn't know what to do!

Rabbits in headlights-----but playing the mighty Wigan!

Laughable. Whatever TM is saying to them before they take the field, its not inspiring them is it?

Can't imagine a Mark Hughes team starting like that.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Blue n whites said:

Remember similiar posts and friends saying that before we got rid of big Sam. 

Would you still be of that opinion if Danny Grahams header went it. 

Personally think Mowbrays signing have been good but if Gallagher and brereton dont improve then it will be poor overall.

Nobody expected us to get rid of Allardyce and appoint Kean.

Removing Allardyce wasn't the problem - the football was dire. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Yep that bulldog attitude you need every game goes missing too quickly here. Listening to TM prattle on before the game the SKY interview went off him mid sentence when he was whining away about how hard it is to leave footballers out and how guilty you feel etc.

Add in the other post match comments back to putting the wind up everyone about Wigan - bottom of the league - you can see why we lack the cutting edge and killer instinct. That'll never materialise until it's drilled into them and players fitting that type are filling the team.

On a side note related to that it was good to see Lenihen early doors losing his rag and bollocking people. A bit of that from the sidelines wouldn't go amiss to help him get the message across.

With this unbeaten run we're kind of where I expect us to finish with this squad.

We simply don't have the players in attack to consistently put teams to the sword. Rothwell, Gallagher, Brereton and Armstrong aren't wide players, but are constantly asked to 'do a job' out there.

I think we found the solution against Bristol Rovers - 4-4-2 with Holtby and Rothwell playing as L/RM rather than as AMR/L, supporting the two strikers. 

Mowbray seems tied to his current formation, however, so bar some stunning signings in January we'll continue to meander along in midtable. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Amazing people still come out with this. Established Premier League side full of quality footballers.

’Dire’ indeed. :glare:

• Like 5

Although a draw is a bad result, it may be a blessing in disguise. A win would have put Mowbray in an extremely good position to win manager of the month, and we all know how well that usually turns out for us.

I don't think we'll get into the play-offs, but given the fact that all the teams fighting for a place in them are currently producing underwhelming results (bar Sheffield Wednesday), any team between 3rd and 12th could get there, although we definitely need to strenghten our defence in January to really stand a chance. Leeds will be approaching their usual second half of season downfall soon too so they may also get dragged into it.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Amazing people still come out with this. Established Premier League side full of quality footballers.

’Dire’ indeed. :glare:

I was so bored with the football, I was considering not renewing my season ticket. 

Effective, yes, but not entertaining at all. 

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yes I know it was dire. But it was top ten guaranteed dire.

The problem was we thought we was a big club.

We 're fans. We shouldn't expect anything. We have no knowledge on behind the scene business on our club. 

My point I'm trying to make is be careful what you wish for.  I've seen nothing but improvement since TM has taken over. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I was so bored with the football, I was considering not renewing my season ticket. 

Effective, yes, but not entertaining at all. 

It wasn’t sustainable anyway. We was on a downwards slope the minute Williams left regardless. Our owners didn’t have a clue, get back up though and I think they will change their tune, I hope, pray.