BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan Athletic (H) - Monday Night Football (urgh..)

51 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Getting impatient for this now. We can't be in the play offs with how other results have gone but we can be on equal points with 6th. With games against Birmingham and Huddersfield to follow that's about as good as we could've hoped for at this time of the season. Can't actually believe we're in this position given where we were 8 weeks ago. 

I wonder when the wheels will fall off? ? Or do we think Mowbray has actually learnt from his past mistakes.. 

latter.

19 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Funny how all of the stats and pre-match analyses point to a Rovers win - and a potentially comfortable one. Yet, I sit here feeling more nervous about this game than I have since Doncaster away in our League One season. It's a "good" nervous feeling; that rare sort when Rovers have something to lose, and Wigan have nothing to lose.

Wigan have nothing to lose? They're bottom of the league and desperately need points!

Always a worry this fixture and avoiding a defeat would be a relief for me.

We need battlers on the field as I think it will be a very physical match.

Wouldn't be the end of the world if Evans was picked instead of Holtby.

Walton

Nyambe     Tosin      Lenihan     Downing

Travis    Johnson

Bennettt     Dack     Holtby

Gallagher

Edited by Doug

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

Walton

Travis    Johnson

Gallagher

How have you got Bennett in our best eleven.? Some people never learn 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

Walton

Travis    Johnson

Gallagher

No way should Evans, Bennett, Travis and Johnson all start together in midfield against a bottom 3 side at home.

Has to be 2 from Travis, Johnson and Evans in the middle of the park.

Also I dont think we should play Bennett, goes without saying in the back 4 but even wide as you suggest, he did a solid job at Bristol City but for this game we need to take the game to Wigan, so it should be 2 from Armstrong, Holtby and Rothwell alongside Dack, for me the former two.

Graham every day over Gallagher for me too.

One thing is for sure, he has some real selection dilemmas.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

They’re rubbish and their league position shows that, though obviously there are no easy games in this league. 
Even with that said, we need to be taking the game to them and ideally, smashing them out of sight.

However, this is exactly the kind of game we tend to struggle in. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No way should Evans, Bennett, Travis and Johnson all start together in midfield against a bottom 3 side at home.

Has to be 2 from Travis, Johnson and Evans in the middle of the park.

Also I dont think we should play Bennett, goes without saying in the back 4 but even wide as you suggest, he did a solid job at Bristol City but for this game we need to take the game to Wigan, so it should be 2 from Armstrong, Holtby and Rothwell alongside Dack, for me the former two.

Graham every day over Gallagher for me too.

One thing is for sure, he has some real selection dilemmas.

This. 100% ??

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

They’re rubbish and their league position shows that, though obviously there are no easy games in this league. 
Even with that said, we need to be taking the game to them and ideally, smashing them out of sight.

I agree mate. We need to get on the front foot.

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Downing

Travis Evans/Johnson

Armstrong Dack Rothwell/Holtby

Graham

Evans vs Johnson - Evans is in the form of his life and it would be very harsh to drop him. Johnson was awesome against Bristol and at best gives us what Evans does plus attacking prowess - Id go with Evans to begin with.

Rothwell vs Holtby - Rothwell deserves a run and has been class but I think he’s a little inconsistent. Holtby has great quality and is getting to the point where he deserves a run. I’d go with Rothwell who could blow Wigan away.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

This last part is exactly right.  Traditionally, this would be an away banker. We always find a way of blowing momentum against a struggling side on a bad run.  6 points from the next 2 games will demonstrate a Rovers side and mentality on the up.  

I watched the Wigan v WBA game and the pie eaters could have been out of sight.  Played  well. I was amazed they lost it at the end. They are playing ok and not getting results imo.

Personally, I think we'll take 4pts from the 6.

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I agree mate. We need to get on the front foot.

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Downing

Travis Evans/Johnson

Armstrong Dack Rothwell/Holtby

Graham

Evans vs Johnson - Evans is in the form of his life and it would be very harsh to drop him. Johnson was awesome against Bristol and at best gives us what Evans does plus attacking prowess - Id go with Evans to begin with.

Rothwell vs Holtby - Rothwell deserves a run and has been class but I think he’s a little inconsistent. Holtby has great quality and is getting to the point where he deserves a run. I’d go with Rothwell who could blow Wigan away.

Agree with your team mate

I really like Rothwell, but only when he comes off the bench, he rarely has the same impact when selected to start.

If he can turn his cameos into a 90 minute performance he'd probably be one of the first on the team sheet.

Armstrong shows up 1 in 3, another to come on from the bench for this one.

Just now, philipl said:

So the weekend games mean in reality we are simply playing catch up to keep on the tails of the play-off places on tomorrow evening.

Shame we can’t get into the top 6 tomorrow but we’d only be outside on goal difference with a win so it would be another point closer. 
The teams above us aren’t going to drop many points. It will be a battle from here until May.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Rubbish and yet there's no easy games?

Winning and playing badly isn't always a bad sign. Successful teams usually have a few games where they play badly and get the win. As opposed to playing badly and losing,

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Walton

Travis    Johnson

Gallagher

I mean, you say it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'm sure there are Mayan prophecies warning against playing Evans on the left wing...

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Doug said:

I really like Rothwell, but only when he comes off the bench, he rarely has the same impact when selected to start.

If he can turn his cameos into a 90 minute performance he'd probably be one of the first on the team sheet.

Armstrong shows up 1 in 3, another to come on from the bench for this one.

Tbf he can only do that given a run of games. One of him or Armstrong has to start on one wing

Just now, bluebruce said:

I mean, you say it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'm sure there are Mayan prophecies warning against playing Evans on the left wing...

Ha ha, that would be a strange one, obviously Evans in a DM position