BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan Athletic (H) - Monday Night Football (urgh..)

Just now, Stuart said:

Looking forward to the game but dreading seeing the line up for this one.

Come on Tony, let’s make it a great pre-Christmas match at Ewood!

you dread every line up Stuart instead of actually trusting the manager. 

Look at all those poor pathetic comments made before the Bristol City game after line up was announced. How wrong was you?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at all those poor pathetic comments made before the Bristol City game after line up was announced. How wrong was you?

Christ, it was only a few weeks ago you wanted him gone too ?

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You’ve changed your tune, a predictable complete 180 - always knew you would. Thanks for proving me right. Again.

We've actually had some great line ups, until the last couple of games. We could and should have conceded 3 in the first half last time out. Our squad depth laid bare and Mowbray is back to the expectation dampening. Bell now apparently credible competition for Downing who has probably warned Mowbray that being a full back is only ever temporary.

We are either going in the right direction or we are going backwards - there is no standing still. January is vital.

Anywho. Here’s hoping for a 2-0 win tonight and a good showing. Keep us in the pack and twist Venkys arm. It’s them that will need to “Trust Mowbray” not me. But given how much he wastes money I’d be surprised if they did.

Just now, Stuart said:

You’ve changed your tune, a predictable complete 180 - always knew you would. Thanks for proving me right. Again.

We've actually had some great line ups, until the last couple of games. We could and should have conceded 3 in the first half last time out. Our squad depth laid bare and Mowbray is back to the expectation dampening. Bell now apparently credible competition for Downing who has probably warned Mowbray that being a full back is only ever temporary.

We are either going in the right direction or we are going backwards - there is no standing still. January is vital.

Anywho. Here’s hoping for a 2-0 win tonight and a good showing. Keep us in the pack and twist Venkys arm. It’s them that will need to “Trust Mowbray” not me. But given how much he wastes money I’d be surprised if they did.

No U-turn done. Mowbray has to get us into top 6 and keep us there till end of the season. 

Typical negative view again as per usual Staurt. Thanks for proving me right as always with you. We didn't conceded tho. 

Ive never said Bell was credible competition so that's comment as nothing to do with me. I wouldn't give him a new contract and let him go in the summer when his contract is up

Well if Venkys didn't trust him he wouldn't be in charge. But Mowbray has build loads of credit up with the owners. 

We need a keeper, a centre back and left back in January

Just now, Stuart said:

Like whats the first highlighted part based on? You are stating it like it's fact, but you just made it up

Then the last bit, whats the point? I think you added that just to make sure you wound Chaddy up! 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No U-turn done. Mowbray has to get us into top 6 and keep us there till end of the season. 

Typical negative view again as per usual Staurt. Thanks for proving me right as always with you. We didn't conceded tho. 

Ive never said Bell was credible competition so that's comment as nothing to do with me. I wouldn't give him a new contract and let him go in the summer when his contract is up

Well if Venkys didn't trust him he wouldn't be in charge. But Mowbray has build loads of credit up with the owners. 

We need a keeper, a centre back and left back in January

:lol: I’ve missed this Chadster.

What a shame he can’t spend their money on proven quality players.

Agree with your list of needs though. Just hope we don’t find ourselves having to replace Graham.

Edited by Stuart

Just now, Stuart said:

:lol: I’ve missed this Chadster.

What a shame he can’t spend their money on proven quality players.

Agree with your list of needs though. Just hope we don’t find ourselves having to replace Graham.

we have the players we had. no point keep looking back. 

Graham has said recently he is happy at Rovers and loves being at the club

2 hours ago, starscascade said:

sorry I can't see them enforcing it on a 'big club'. I think at most a hefty fine like Leeds got last season for the play-on debarcle

It could be wishful thinking on my part, but they deducted points from Brum last year, for an FFP breach, so if this is also classed as one, then surely the same punishment, must be dished out?

• Like 1

Get out onto the front foot tonight. Keep it tight and the result will come. The best chance they have is to frustrate us and nick one...

FYI - I’m certainly not ‘dreading’ the team selection tonight. Why would I? We’re on the back of a brilliant run and in our last game the manager rotated 6 players and the ones who came in produced arguably the performance of the season.

Only circumstances can conspire against us tonight. Remove the emotion. Treat them as the very poor team they are and run them over.

• Like 8

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Get out onto the front foot tonight. Keep it tight and the result will come. The best chance they have is to frustrate us and nick one...

FYI - I’m certainly not ‘dreading’ the team selection tonight. Why would I? We’re on the back of a brilliant run and in our last game the manager rotated 6 players and the ones who came in produced arguably the performance of the season.

Only circumstances can conspire against us tonight. Remove the emotion. Treat them as the very poor team they are and run them over.

I think the fact it's Wigan might help us. We have history with these guys 

I remember the first time Wigan came to Ewood, when we were Premier League giants and they were 4th tier minnows (I think) in the FA Cup or some other cup competition. I thought at the time that it was strange to be nervous of a club with such a short history / lack of pedigree. I think we won on the day.. Roll forward 15 years or so (ish) and here we are, quaking in our boots at the prospect of a silly banana skin dressed as a meat pie. Shocking how things can change eh?

tenor.gif?itemid=3625953Let's just pummel them instead of worrying about it.

• Like 4

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

I remember the first time Wigan came to Ewood, when we were Premier League giants and they were 4th tier minnows (I think) in the FA Cup or some other cup competition. I thought at the time that it was strange to be nervous of a club with such a short history / lack of pedigree. I think we won on the day.. Roll forward 15 years or so (ish) and here we are, quaking in our boots at the prospect of a silly banana skin dressed as a meat pie. Shocking how things can change eh?

tenor.gif?itemid=3625953Let's just pummel them instead of worrying about it.

Exactly, smash the pies to pieces.

I dont want another Barnsley game where we should be comfortably winning, but everyones pooing their pants. Please not the latter

Edited by starscascade