BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan Athletic (H) - Monday Night Football (urgh..)

If you don't laugh you'll cry. TM had no answer - absolutely none - to a team packing men behind the ball and playing on the counter. Some bad luck/very bad games by a number of individuals, yes, but tactically we simply crashed head first into a brick wall. Something you could see coming 100 miles away, but again, no answer to the challenge at all.

• Like 3

Well it's not often this is said when playing at home but that's one point won rather then two points lost that how bad we played, we need wingers if we want to play wide and midfield players who can attack and defend

• Like 2

our backline should be fucking fired,  playing it out of the back at times like they did and literally cost us possession at times, lucky wigan are piss poor otherwise they would of punished it!   nyambe as good as he is bombing forwards i dont think i saw him beat his man at all today,   everyone looked so uncomfortable on the ball like they didn't have time on it even when they did, just hack it away       overall performance was shambolic and if we made it to the playoffs we would get mauled

A really disappointing (but all too predictable) performance that will be overshadowed by Dack's injury. That's probably put paid to our faint hopes of a playoff push.

It's shocking how much we missed Tosin at the back. Lenihan and Williams' distribution is L1 standard.

• Like 2

Thought downing was terrible , didn’t find a Blackburn player all game, lenihan very lacklustre at times, as was Williams but he saved lenihan bacon second half. Graham was spent. Armstrong terrible. Travis didn’t offer anything really. Nyambe wasted good positions. Rothwell glimpses but not enough. Johnson looked decent when he came on, should’ve started. Walton very assuresd. Dack injury a nightmare. Terrible terrible night. Merry Xmas to all my fellow rovers 

• Like 2

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Thought downing was terrible , didn’t find a Blackburn player all game, lenihan very lacklustre at times, as was Williams but he saved lenihan bacon second half. Graham was spent. Armstrong terrible. Travis didn’t offer anything really. Nyambe wasted good positions. Rothwell glimpses but not enough. Johnson looked decent when he came on, should’ve started. Walton very assuresd. Dack injury a nightmare. Terrible terrible night. Merry Xmas to all my fellow rovers 

Spot on with those assessments. Saved me writing them!

Hoof-ball from the off. Defence looked very unsettled and hardly made a decent pass all game.

Did Williams pass to a Rovers player in the whole game? Great block from him near the end though.

Very pedestrian, very predictable, terrible apart from the last 20 minutes when we suddenly realised there were 3 points at stake!

Agree on Nyambe and Armstrong was worse. Not his position.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Ah the familiar feeling of deflation.

At kick off there was a buzz around, anticipation in the air, that was gone by 15 minutes.

Nobody did well in an attacking sense, Nyambe our main avenue of attack and he wasn’t on form himself.

For some reason our first instinct today seemed to be to turn back, we must have got away with 3-4 suicidal passes at the back.

A word on the ref and the Wigan fans, both small league shithouses and they should disappear back there asap.

With all that said ignore me and ignore this post as I clearly know nothing about football as I thought ‘Man of the Match’ Travis was among the worst of a bad bunch.

Still we didn’t have to deal with seeing them celebrate a winner and they are still going down so that’s nice