JoeH

Wigan Athletic (H) - Monday Night Football (urgh..)

We perked up slightly in the last 20 minutes and actually looked better when Dack came off, but still a largely poor performance. Sadly Wigan looked more likely to nick something in the last five minutes which was really disheartening. 

Dack's injury is going to be a huge blow to us for the rest of the season. I guess now we're going to see if we really do have the personnel to step up in his absence. 

Anyone who didn’t see this result coming really hasn’t a clue. Welcome to the championship & welcome to Blackburn rovers. Only positive is that we’re still unbeaten. Holtby has to shine for us now if we want to challenge for the play offs.

If you don't laugh you'll cry. TM had no answer - absolutely none - to a team packing men behind the ball and playing on the counter. Some bad luck/very bad games by a number of individuals, yes, but tactically we simply crashed head first into a brick wall. Something you could see coming 100 miles away, but again, no answer to the challenge at all.

Sponsor

Well it's not often this is said when playing at home but that's one point won rather then two points lost that how bad we played, we need wingers if we want to play wide and midfield players who can attack and defend

our backline should be fucking fired,  playing it out of the back at times like they did and literally cost us possession at times, lucky wigan are piss poor otherwise they would of punished it!   nyambe as good as he is bombing forwards i dont think i saw him beat his man at all today,   everyone looked so uncomfortable on the ball like they didn't have time on it even when they did, just hack it away       overall performance was shambolic and if we made it to the playoffs we would get mauled

A really disappointing (but all too predictable) performance that will be overshadowed by Dack's injury. That's probably put paid to our faint hopes of a playoff push.

It's shocking how much we missed Tosin at the back. Lenihan and Williams' distribution is L1 standard.

Thought downing was terrible , didn’t find a Blackburn player all game, lenihan very lacklustre at times, as was Williams but he saved lenihan bacon second half. Graham was spent. Armstrong terrible. Travis didn’t offer anything really. Nyambe wasted good positions. Rothwell glimpses but not enough. Johnson looked decent when he came on, should’ve started. Walton very assuresd. Dack injury a nightmare. Terrible terrible night. Merry Xmas to all my fellow rovers 

i also dont think dacks injury will cost us as much as people think,    i think in rothwell and holtby we have two excellent players who will link up really well  with Gallagher up top and we will look so much more mobile 

Hindsight is a great thing but 7 changes were too many.

Really missed Tosin

Need to find a space for Holtby in the team, even if Dack's injury is not too bad

Johnson should have been in from the start

Edited by oozy