JoeH

Wigan Athletic (H) - Monday Night Football (urgh..)

Just now, philipl said:

According to the BBC match report, Danny Graham hit the bar. 

Did anyone notice it?

Yeah, it was near the end of the match.

Just now, philipl said:

According to the BBC match report, Danny Graham hit the bar. 

Did anyone notice it?

Were you not watching? Yes second half header.

Rubbish performance and result but predicted by me and few others.

Wigan by far the better side and should have won

Made some money on the contra Mercer bet though 

He hasn’t got a clue about football 

Just now, Blackpool_Rover said:

Jesus...what does he have to do!? It was an excellent performance from both keepers. Ridiculous comment

I was going to say, based on that performance I'd love their keeper. Made two stand out saves.

Thought Dack was useless before his injury, not for the first time this season. Will miss his goals, but from general play not so much, we looked far better last week going forward as a 4-4-2 with Holtby and Rothwell as the wide players. 

Im sure Travis was embarrassed with the man of the match award, he was really bad tonight. I would just not have bothered with it tonight.

Need some new players.

Credit to Wigan, see much worse sides this year at Ewood.

Edited by Fraserkirky

Not enough players willing to step forward and make a difference in a game for me. Hitting it long to DG didn’t work from the first minute, someone needed to move the ball forwards and make an impact. Disappointing, but the reality they’re not quite good enough to challenge the top 6. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Were you not watching? Yes second half header.

iFollow was not working in nearly all the second half and all the other feeds were hanging badly.

So yes I was watching... A little circle going round and round.

Nobody on here seemed to mention it though.

Edited by philipl

6 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

While I'm no physiotherapist Dack was clutching his kneecap. ACL is at the back of the knee.

You clearly aren't.. Acl or rather the anterior cruciate ligament is at the front. The 'anterior' is a bit of a give away..  

1 minute ago, oozy said:

We can't be too downhearted.

Wigan have drawn 4 of their last 6, against good teams in us, West Brom, Huddersfield and Millwall.

They are almost like us in that they have lost to poor teams in Luton and Reading.

...and it was probably the biggest game of the season for them barring what might happen last few games. Sometimes there's a noticeable improvement in such cases. That said their performance was nothing special.

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I was going to say, based on that performance I'd love their keeper. Made two stand out saves.

but so did our's?

Morsy has form. Lucky not to get a second yellow for off the ball kick on Travis. Then he was responsible for nobbling Dack. Tried to apologise but Dack having none of it. They’ve been here and bullied us before. Spineless and woefully undercooked. Came alive a little when aggrieved by the Dack injury. 

Edited by aletheia

Just now, Lie_still_Rover said:

You clearly aren't.. Acl or rather the anterior cruciate ligament is at the front. The 'anterior' is a bit of a give away..  

PCL then. People usually prefer to use the initials not the full phrase. It's an easy error. Also ACL is in the middle of the knee albeit closer to front than back.

Edited by Vinjay

Just now, Lie_still_Rover said:

Doh someone needs to google postion of ACL before  commenting have a look at its origin and insertion first - he was clutching his anterior lateral compartment didnt seem to be a significant twist but cant always tell from initial reaction

Sponsor
Just now, philipl said:

iFollow was not working in nearly all the second half and all the other feeds were hanging badly.

So yes I was watching... A little circle going round and round.

Nobody on here seemed to mention it though.

It was very quick bet a lot missed it. Awful night at ewood. Guess we should be use to the let downs. But what kind of manager buries his head in his hands? He should be ranting and scaring the sh1t out of his players! 

to narrow,to slow and to predictable,disapointing result against a commited but limited side,armstrong and rothwell kept coming inside and on the rare occasions they stay wider we looked slightly dangerous,tbh the way mowbray sets the team up we are more effective away from home,tony is terrified of putting the hammer down and going for a win,we are going to miss dack,holtby is not as mobile but is a good passer of the ball,that is if he gets picked as his replacement

How gutting that it looks as though Dack is going to be out for the season. Football really is a cruel game. The one player we’d pick to not have a serious injury, and that player goes and gets one. 

Let’s start with the positive - we remain unbeaten even if we are wobbling badly.

But that was an utter shambles.

It was like watching a bunch of strangers who had never seen a football before!

First touch was too frequently so bad that the second touch was an attempted tackle - often so far away it was a desperate lunge.

We missed Adarabioyo so much. Not just his ability at the back but his calmness on the ball and his ability to pick out a pass. To be so reliant on such a young lad, a loanee, is poor. (Has there been any news on his injury?). Instead we were treated to a succession of hoofed long balls from Williams, Walton, even Downing and Lenihan. We just ended up reverting back to the dark old days of last season with the ball coming back again and again.

Elsewhere, we had a real problem stringing a few passes together, let alone any kind of final ball.

Gutted for Dack. We have Rothwell and Holtby and even Armstrong who can cover (although Arma was appalling again tonight - if it weren’t for his odd goal/assist he would be been dropped a long time ago). But we do seem to be missing something. We’ve gone from a settled side (a team) to a collection of individuals.

Another exercise in bottling it when it touching distance of the play-offs against a piss-poor side in front of a good crowd. Any walk-ons tonight won’t be racing back for half-season tickets! Or paying three times the price to come back on Thursday. Wigan were disgusting - the very image of their disgrace of a manager - dirty and cynical. The ref played right in their hands but it’s a poor do if anyone tries to blame the ref for that tonight. We could have nicked a goal but so could they. We simply froze. January is vital now.

Oh, but Mowbray now has a 10ft flag so all is well. :rolleyes:

7D50FA78-699E-4ACA-9D4A-CEFFB17F1F72.thumb.jpeg.3344a499c8fbedf5ae353e872b5d77f3.jpeg

Just now, aletheia said:

Morsy has form. Lucky not to get a second yellow for off the ball kick on Travis. Then he was responsible for nobbling Dack. Tried to apologise but Dack having none of it. They’ve been here and bullied us before. Spineless and woefully undercooked. Came alive a little when aggrieved by the Dack injury. 

If it was off the ball he'll be punished.

Trying to look on the bright side, at least we have a ready-made replacement in Holtby to come in and play in his best position. He’s not as good as Dack but he is still a class player. 

Good post Stuart.

The ref was a joke and anyone who saw him agree. The Championship clubs should do something about lack of quality at this level. 

On a positive, don't think we'll go down but it will be close.

Too many changes for me it unbalanced the team as evidenced in a woeful first half. Dack was away with the fairies first half. I hope the injury isn’t too serious but after Holtby cane in Rivers were better especially with Johnson in the middle.