BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Team of the Decade?

Following on from the player of the decade lets try team of the decade.

Difficult with this as we've played at 3 different levels during the last 10 years, the success criteria for this is very subjective.

nominees??? I've definately missed some.

GK. Robinson, Raya, 

RB. Nyambe, Salgado, Baptiste

LB: Givet, Spurr, Williams   

CB: Samba, Givet, Hanley, Duffy, Lenihan, Mulgrew, 

Centre Mid: Dunn, N'Zonzi, Smallwood,Reed, Travis, Evans, Cairney

Wingers: Bennett, Conway, Hoilett, Marshall, Armstrong, MGP,

Bradley Dack position: Dack 

Strikers: Yakubu, Gestede, Rhodes, Graham, 

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Following on from the player of the decade lets try team of the decade.

Difficult with this as we've played at 3 different levels during the last 10 years, the success criteria for this is very subjective.

nominees??? I've definately missed some.

GK. Robinson, Raya, 

RB. Nyambe, Salgado, Baptiste

LB: Givet, Spurr, Williams   

CB: Samba, Givet, Hanley, Duffy, Lenihan, Mulgrew, 

Centre Mid: Dunn, N'Zonzi, Smallwood,Reed, Travis, Evans, Cairney

Wingers: Bennett, Conway, Hoilett, Marshall, Armstrong, MGP,

Bradley Dack position: Dack 

Strikers: Yakubu, Gestede, Rhodes, Graham, 

The team that beats Wigan on Monday.

• Like 1

Just now, JoeH said:

FOR ME:

Robinson
Salgado Samba Mulgrew Givet
Dunn Cairney
Conway Dack MGP
Rhodes

Honorable mentions to Danny Graham, David Raya, Corry Evans and Grant Hanley.

Givet would have been a certainty until his recent revelations - unforgivable I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Just now, JoeH said:

Recent revelations? 

After the 7-1 defeat at Old Trafford under Allardyce he is quoted as saying "After the game, we were all laughing".

I don't remember finding too much to laugh about that day and it taints his status a bit in my eyes to be honest. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

How about Pedersen, Nelsen, Emerton, Jones, and as a wild card Williamson for his Turf Moor red card deserves a place IMHO.

Nelson I suppose should be in, I tend to think of him as a 2000’s player but he counts due to back half of 09/10 and 10/11. Emerton similar. Jones missed half of 10/11 so hard to include. Williamson’s red card makes top 10 highlights of the decade which probably says a lot.

• Like 1

Suppose if I had to pick a side out of this miserable decade it would be, in a 4-4-1-1

Robinson, Salgado, Nelson, Mulgrew, Olsson, Conway, Dunn, N'Zonzi, MGP, Dack, Rhodes

Subs - Raya, Hanley, Emerton, Cairney, Hoilett, Gestede, Graham

Tried to base it on their contribution over the whole decade. Something which jumps out immediately is the shocking lack of full back options. Eventually gone for Emerton at right back due to his immense efforts in keeping us up in K**n's first year. Most of the other players from the top flight either didn't play enough after relegation or were past their best for me to include. Also gone for a ridiculously attacking 442 to accommodate everyone. 

Robinson

Emerton  Hanley   Mulgrew   Olsson

Conway   Dunn     Dack   Hoilett

Rhodes   Graham

Unlucky to miss out: Lenihan, Cairney, Gestede, Samba (immense for the short period) the Yak and for his good spells, Marshall.

Duffy can still do one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

After the 7-1 defeat at Old Trafford under Allardyce he is quoted as saying "After the game, we were all laughing".

I don't remember finding too much to laugh about that day and it taints his status a bit in my eyes to be honest. 

I think that's pretty harsh. If there's one thing you can say about Givet, it's that he always gave everything out on the pitch, and he stood up to Kean, if my memory's correct.

Seems more likely to me that he meant the player's were laughing at the ridiculousness of Allardyce's motivational techniques.

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

I think that's pretty harsh. If there's one thing you can say about Givet, it's that he always gave everything out on the pitch, and he stood up to Kean, if my memory's correct.

Seems more likely to me that he meant the player's were laughing at the ridiculousness of Allardyce's motivational techniques.

While I respect your opinion I don’t give a fuck what he was laughing at, we had just lost 7-1 against Man United. As for Givet - did he not also go on strike or something similar? I have vague recollections of some sort of Gallic strop anyway (or maybe that’s another Mandela Effect memory on my part?)

• Like 1

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

While I respect your opinion I don’t give a fuck what he was laughing at, we had just lost 7-1 against Man United. As for Givet - did he not also go on strike or something similar? I have vague recollections of some sort of Gallic strop anyway (or maybe that’s another Mandela Effect memory on my part?)

Something about bonuses and taxi fares i think...

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

FOR ME:

Robinson
Salgado Samba Mulgrew Givet
Dunn Cairney
Conway Dack MGP
Rhodes

Honorable mentions to Danny Graham, David Raya, Corry Evans and Grant Hanley.

I can't see Dunn and Cairney gelling in midfield. Nzonzi would have to be in there as would the Yak, twice the all around striker Rhodes was playing at a higher level.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't see Dunn and Cairney gelling in midfield. Nzonzi would have to be in there as would the Yak, twice the all around striker Rhodes was playing at a higher level.

team of the decade for me shouldn't be a team that would win games together, it should be a team of players who deserve to be in the top 10 (well 11 in this case). Yakubu over Rhodes I think is just a massive disservice to Jordan. The man was a goal machine.