BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Worst Rovers Team of Decade

This is a very tough topic which speaks volumes about how bad the decade has been. Think we're handicapping ourselves by going a 4-4-2 because as others have said up front we have an embarrassing number of possibilities. Varney, Brown, Stokes, Goodwiilie all deserve a place in the team they're that bad. That we've had at least 4 in a decade, and they all played a number of games for us, really highlights how bad the last decade has been. 

5 hours ago, Dreyski said:

Simon Eastwood

Bradley Orr, Wes Brown, Gordon Greer, Bruno Ribero

Radosav Petrovic, Danny Murphy, Dickson Etuhu, Liam Feeney

David Goodwillie, Anthony Stokes

It says a lot about how forgettable Lowe was that he hasn't been mentioned yet.

If we're going off attitude then Duffy would be in contention.

An absolute embarrassment of riches up front. Any of Brown, Varney, Best, DJ Campbell, Watt could fill those gaps.

And that's not even mentioning the Portugeezers...

I’m going to say that’s very harsh on Watt. 

Edinho Jr needs to be in there somewhere, genuinely think he was the worst player to ever play for the club in my lifetime.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Edinho Jr needs to be in there somewhere, genuinely think he was the worst player to ever play for the club in my lifetime.

I'd forgotten about him.

What about Maceo Rigters? I remember him missing the ball when attempting a header in one game, and he looked like he had never played football in his life (despite being the top scorer at some international European tournament at youth level)

EDIT: He might have actually been the decade before (Rigters)

Edited by LeftWinger

That Fabio Nunes actually looked like he could have turned out ok, remember him playing against Birmingham at home under Berg and thought he might be decent. Left winger.

Wonder what happened to him.

That Edinho though, remember he played the first half against Leicester under k*an. Awful.

Edited by MarkBRFC

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

who was worse edinho jnr or diogo rosado!!!??,iv`e forgotten the names of the rest of the portugal mob tbh

Paolo Jorge (currently plays in Portugals 3rd division)

Diego Rosado (currently plays in Romania's 2nd division)

Fabio Nunes (currently plays in Portugals 2nd division)

Nuno Henrique (currently plays in Portugals 3rd division)

Edinho Jnr (currently plays in Portugals 3rd division)

Simon Vuksevic (Now retired, spent most of career playing in Portugal 2nd division, Greek 2nd Division and the 1st division in mighty Montenegro)

Edited by JacknOry

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

That Fabio Nunes actually looked like he could have turned out ok, remember him playing against Birmingham at home under Berg and thought he might be decent. Left winger.

Wonder what happened to him.

That Edinho though, remember he played the first half against Leicester under k*an. Awful.

Nunes is currently plying his trade for Farense, who are currently top of the Portuguese second division. 

The rest are probably part time plumbers working for Caddis.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Paolo Jorge

Diego Rosado

Pablo Nunes

Nuno Henrique

Edinho Jnr

Simon Vuksevic

i remember vukjevic,he definately had the ability but appeared  like he`d rather be anywhere other than east lancashire,that period was  completely fubared,i turned my back for a couple of seasons and watched  some non league footy

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

i remember vukjevic,he definately had the ability but appeared  like he`d rather be anywhere other than east lancashire,that period was  completely fubared,i turned my back for a couple of seasons and watched  some non league footy

He did look promising and he had been doing fairly well for Sporting in Portugal before we signed him. He came to us and thereafter his career was spent playing in the top divisions in the footballing powerhouses of Ukraine, Cyprus, Montenegro, Serbia and the 2nd division in Greece.

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

Nunes is currently plying his trade for Farense, who are currently top of the Portuguese second division. 

The rest are probably part time plumbers working for Caddis.

Most of them are playing in the 2nd or 3rd division in Portugal now. 

15 hours ago, K-Hod said:

CF- Jordan Slew

I told a work colleague (who's also a coach at Chorley) - after they signed Jordan Slew - that we once paid over a million pounds for him.

He spat his coffee out, said he can't hit a barn door in that league, genuinely didn't believe me when I told him it was true.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Paolo Jorge (currently plays in Portugals 3rd division)

Diego Rosado (currently plays in Romania's 2nd division)

Fabio Nunes (currently plays in Portugals 2nd division)

Nuno Henrique (currently plays in Portugals 3rd division)

Edinho Jnr (currently plays in Portugals 3rd division)

Simon Vuksevic (Now retired, spent most of career playing in Portugal 2nd division, Greek 2nd Division and the 1st division in mighty Montenegro)

In years to come looking at the above list should give clues as to the disaster and dodginess that unfolded when Venky bought the club. Not one of the Portuguese players were up to it. Did Vukcevic want to become a monk at one point?

This is a lost decade for me. I have no real idea of what went on.

The worst player I actually saw live was Chris Brown. He was horrific.

7 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I’m going to say that’s very harsh on Watt. 

Quite possibly. My memory may be playing tricks on me, but I remember someone unmotivated and unfit, who we sent back to Charlton at the earliest opportunity.

Still, scored more than Brown!