BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Best Rovers Festive Memory?

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

Liverpool at home on Boxing day 2009 - I may be way off on this one though - it was a full house, the last Ewood has seen?

2006! Tugay leaving Gerrard on his backside. Splendid.

The Liverpool FA Cup Quarter Final replay in 2015 was a sell out, but I think the attendance was 28,000 ish - I may be wrong but from memory we decided to cordon off the last block of the Riverside and/or the JW Lower corner next to the Darwen End, as you do....

1 hour ago, frosty said:

2006! Tugay leaving Gerrard on his backside. Splendid.

The Liverpool FA Cup Quarter Final replay in 2015 was a sell out, but I think the attendance was 28,000 ish - I may be wrong but from memory we decided to cordon off the last block of the Riverside and/or the JW Lower corner next to the Darwen End, as you do....

Or the police decided and club just bowed down to them.

• Like 2

On 23/12/2019 at 17:08, Vinjay said:

Or the police decided and club just bowed down to them.

Speaking of this both City and United have agreed to reduced away allocations (same as EPL) for the Carabao Cup Semi finals. Announced just before Christmas with no consultation between police and fan groups. Fans obviously not happy. City have a cup scheme and I wouldn't be surprised if United have one. There would be more pressure on Lancashire police for games like the Liverpool one if other forces are less stringent. So stuff like this does not help.

Edited by Vinjay

On 21/12/2019 at 13:04, Exiled in Toronto said:

Nothing else comes remotely close, or ever will I reckon.

I did also really enjoy an early 70’s Boxing Day trip to Halifax, earth terracing at one end and a mountain at the other.

Ditto what a day, what a day.  8am start in Accy.  can't remember when it ended.

The Halifax one was then when the train got in late and somehow the exit gates got opened for Rovers fans to flood in, bit of trouble in the side if I recall.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, USABlue said:

Ditto what a day, what a day.  8am start in Accy.  can't remember when it ended.

The Halifax one was then when the train got in late and somehow the exit gates got opened for Rovers fans to flood in, bit of trouble in the side if I recall.

I was a timid young teenager in flares with mi Dad for one and a cocky late teen Rover in docks and half mast parallels for t'other. I can remember both vividly and will make a point of writing up the memoirs for both.

Great times both but '77 tops all from the start to finish.

WE are The Rovers!!!

• Like 2

Half mast parallels - trousers that are clearly too short for the spindly legs projecting from the bottom, and which feature baggy yet strangely angular droppage from the waist area. Design tomfoolery only recently outdone by the fashion for expensive holes in jeans (which are possibly the most cringeworthy joke of the ragtrade in the past 50 years).

Was at the Turd, in 1977 for the Keith Fear show - got ejected by a cretinous teabag of a plod for singing 'Kindon's wife is on the game again' in my soprano squeek of the time. Vowed never to go to that sheethole ever again, and have been good to my word ever since.

Winning the Full Members Cup at Wemberlee was a good day out!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Half mast parallels - trousers that are clearly too short for the spindly legs projecting from the bottom, and which feature baggy yet strangely angular droppage from the waist area. Design tomfoolery only recently outdone by the fashion for expensive holes in jeans (which are possibly the most cringeworthy joke of the ragtrade in the past 50 years).

Was at the Turd, in 1977 for the Keith Fear show - got ejected by a cretinous teabag of a plod for singing 'Kindon's wife is on the game again' in my soprano squeek of the time. Vowed never to go to that sheethole ever again, and have been good to my word ever since.

Winning the Full Members Cup at Wemberlee was a good day out!

Surprised you got slung out for that! It was a standard chant ever time we played them, plus at a game where missile-throwing was non-stop: I got hit by part of a brick and a bloke in front of me shat in his beer glass and threw that over

Edited by Exiled in Toronto