Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Herbie6590

Rovers Trust’s Suggested Marketing Prospectus

Recommended Posts

Who wouldn't back these proposals to the hilt?

On the subject of the Club's long and proud History how about BRFCS / Rovers trust pushing the club to produce a well overdue official history on DVD....

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of marketing the club have just advertised for a new "head of commercial" position. So presumably Greg Coar's title has shortened/changed or he's leaving/left. You should send this to whoever the new hire is on their first day.

 

Edited by Vinjay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of really decent ideas in there. Whether any are allowed to come to pass is another thing. Re lost support I believe a public sincere apology from the owners would go a long way. 

Ps Blackburn to bid for capital of culture 2025!?!?! Seriously. No chance of winning that unless up against Chernobyl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a bit dubious about what an apology from the owners would practically do, especially when we were in our downward spirals, but if they did it now while we're on a bit of a high, I think it could do the world of good and even win back some supporters to Ewood. Still, I think the most important thing is to carry on as they have been doing in recent times... Keep the funding levels reasonable and allow sensible decisions to be made. If you consider the state of the club now compared to just a few years ago, it's night and day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OnePhilT said:

I've been a bit dubious about what an apology from the owners would practically do, especially when we were in our downward spirals, but if they did it now while we're on a bit of a high, I think it could do the world of good and even win back some supporters to Ewood. Still, I think the most important thing is to carry on as they have been doing in recent times... Keep the funding levels reasonable and allow sensible decisions to be made. If you consider the state of the club now compared to just a few years ago, it's night and day.

Given a choice between £15m a year and an apology, I would vote for Brexit..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The prospectus needs a little re-writing. The City of Culture bid is not from Blackburn/East Lancashire but from the whole of the current Lancashire County but also including Blackpool and Blackburn with Darwen. Whilst Rovers may well get involved and clearly will celebrate the 150th anniversary as well they are not going to be at the heart of the bid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giving this a bump as there will be a podcast episode out later this week with John Murray, chair of the Rovers Trust about the aims & objectives of the Trust these days and what happens next regarding the prospectus.

The Trust is actively canvassing for opinions & more details can be found here:-

https://www.roverstrust.com/2019/12/18/brfc-draft-marketing-prospectus/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Herbie and a better New Year to all the Rovers Family. Has there ever been such a monthly change of fortunes. We need February to be a good month.

Meanwhile our DRAFT Marketing prospectus still welcomes any comments,support, alternative ideas to make it a fully engaged document.. It will be handed to the Club at the end of the Month.

It is not a short-term document and really asks questions like "Okay, we do not use the Lower Darwen End for Away Supporters, but what do we use it for?" and tries to answer that. Anyone at Hudders will see what they used the Away End(or half of it) for.

You can email me at  chair@roverstrust.co.uk and I will reply to all emails I get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't you think if fans part ownership was realistic that Jack would have made arrangements in event of his death? Then again maybe he did along with the countless things we already know about that were ignored.

Speaking of ignored I'm not one to make new years resolutions. However "decade resolutions" are an exception and I'm certainly not going to be spending this decade suggesting marketing direction for this football club. Been there done that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 12:13, mhead said:

Thanks Herbie and a better New Year to all the Rovers Family. Has there ever been such a monthly change of fortunes. We need February to be a good month.

Meanwhile our DRAFT Marketing prospectus still welcomes any comments,support, alternative ideas to make it a fully engaged document.. It will be handed to the Club at the end of the Month.

It is not a short-term document and really asks questions like "Okay, we do not use the Lower Darwen End for Away Supporters, but what do we use it for?" and tries to answer that. Anyone at Hudders will see what they used the Away End(or half of it) for.

You can email me at  chair@roverstrust.co.uk and I will reply to all emails I get.

I've sent you an email, i'll be really interested to see how the club respond to the prospectus there are some excellent ideas on there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/01/2020 at 12:04, PeteJD13 said:

I've sent you an email, i'll be really interested to see how the club respond to the prospectus there are some excellent ideas on there

Hi Pete....not got your email as yet and keen to read any comments. 

Can you forward it to  growthclusters@hotmail.com    please(one of my many email addresses). Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.