BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Birmingham- St Stephens , sorry Boxing day

• Backroom

I think Chappers should get a go on the bench at least, another goal last week in the under 23s.

Maybe a good time to mix it up after the disappointing display on Monday.

Lets get back to winning ways 

• Like 1

Just watched Hull City 3 Birmingham City 0 extended highlights. 

No longer feeling that nervous about this one; 8-2 wouldn't have flattered Hull (and the Brum 2 would have been Hull gifts which Brum spurned)

If we play half as well as we did against Bristol City, we will win this.

Nyambe should have a field day against their left side and they also crumple under moderate forward and midfield pressing of the man on the ball.

What we have to watch is Brum leaving a man free on the edge of the box on the opposite side to the flank they are attacking on. 

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

We’re not devoid of pace if Rothwell plays...

He goes inside though every time , if the oppos is weak through the middle he can be devastating, but if they're tight he's completely ineffective.

It would be good to see someone really stretch a tight defence. It's worth at least giving Chapman a try. Could have made a big difference against Wigan. We need that option Id say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

He goes inside though every time , if the oppos is weak through the middle he can be devastating, but if they're tight he's completely ineffective.

It would be good to see someone really stretch a tight defence. It's worth at least giving Chapman a try. Could have made a big difference against Wigan. We need that option Id say.

There's clearly a problem with Chapman. Fall out with Mowbray? Whatever - he ain't going to be in the side

• Like 2

got a confident feeling that it will be an uninspiring performance but a 1-0 win,i think birmingham will come to play and not kick us off  the park,we can expect changes in the line up with 2 tough away games pending,bennett,tosin and gallagher to start,tony to fire up the tactic tachometer tommorow morning and come up with a strange formation,we did`nt really gell on monday night so no doubt he`ll be planning something bizarre

Two days less recovery for our boys than Brum, and then three days to the next game, really tough few days and some tired legs.

No Dack and presuming Evans is also injured, we're running out of proven midfielders!

(Yes, Bennett selected again but we are a bit short)

Doubt Downing will play so one of either Bell or Williams (urgh) to play LB.

Walton

Nyambe           Lenihan           Tosin            Downing

Bennett          Johnson    Travis    Rothwell

Holtby

Gallagher

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, philipl said:

same line-up as at Ashton Gate please

I’d do that but Armstrong for Brereton.

I think we will see Holtby as a 10 today though. I think he might surprise us a little too - he’s generally played wide or deeper, and thus I reckon that might the position he kicks on in.

Lets not be making the 'tired' excuses already then marvelling in the next breath at the set up behind the scenes !

Football has come thick and fast at this time of year as long as its been going its part and parcel of the job they should be prepared for.  Decent sized squad we have and a manager who rotates and rests all the time anyway.  Other teams manage it so that won't wash with me its an easy cop out for poor performances.

Get out there and run your bollox off for 95 mins and get some results i'm sure they'll getr near enough a week off between fixtures after this period.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Doug said:

Two days less recovery for our boys than Brum, and then three days to the next game, really tough few days and some tired legs.

No Dack and presuming Evans is also injured, we're running out of proven midfielders!

(Yes, Bennett selected again but we are a bit short)

Doubt Downing will play so one of either Bell or Williams (urgh) to play LB.

Walton

Nyambe           Lenihan           Tosin            Downing

Bennett          Johnson    Travis    Rothwell

Holtby

Gallagher

I would be happy with this lineup.

No problem with Bennett playing there (just not at RB).

Armstrong has been shite but OK for him to come on the last 20.

Is Tosin fit? I didn't ever see an explanation for his absence so presumed squad rotation but then he wasn't even on the bench.

Bell (double urgh) but I can see him playing. If not today then certainly Sunday.

MUST WIN game today.

• Like 1

Even with the loss of Dack and this being our second game this week, I fully expect Rovers to win this game. 

Brum are a poor side and have lost the last three on the spin.

We have more than enough talent and options in our squad to put on a decent show.

Going for a 3-1 victory.

• Like 1

Unbelievable negativity from some.

We are at home and playing a team, in poor form, 7 places below us and with 7 points less.

Why would anyone not be confident about today!?

@Chaddyrovers - what my thoughts or predictions are can have no bearing at all on the Rovers' result.  Never heard such nonsense!

• Like 1