BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Birmingham- St Stephens , sorry Boxing day

Two bad results, but always expected when everyone expects to win them.

We have gone from a settled side to not having a clue who Mowbray is going to pick again.

I have a bad feeling that this is going to be the start of another Mowbray horror run, fully expect 2 defeats in our next two now. We're just not going to score goals now Dack is out.

Just now, stinny1 said:

We've no chance  of playoffs with the lads up front we need a seasoned  stricker  a one in two games guy

It's bizarre. All the money went on 2 strikers with really poor goalscoring stats.

One thing that's been concerning for a while now is that no matter where we are in the table, our goal difference is always poor.

• Like 1

back on the counter attack for the huddersfield game might suit us better??though you never know with this group when a real horror show is going to manifest,i don`t think there is any leadership,barring lenihan,who should be captain and there are far to many who turn up for their wages and thats it,this side is not hungry

Pish.

What a complete waste of these two home games against two abysmal sides. Not that I expected much different - after all, we were near the top six going into them.

Buckley’s got plenty to learn (which he’ll only learn by playing) and he had a couple of hairy moments but he at least looks like a footballer which is more than can be said for others in our team. Bennett in the middle - laughable. 

• Like 2

Just now, Husky said:

It's bizarre. All the money went on 2 strikers with really poor goalscoring stats.

One thing that's been concerning for a while now is that no matter where we are in the table, our goal difference is always poor.

I've seen enough of Gallagher to know he's a 10 goal a season striker at best - one that doesn't lead the line. Brereton I've no idea as he's had no game time at all.

Personally I'd go 4-4-2 with Graham and Armstrong upfront. That means one of the Academy players or Chapman needs to be played at RW.

• Like 1

Two awful home games in the space of a few days. Still unbeaten but it’s difficult to see where the goals are coming from. No clear game plan. No defined shape. Can’t fault they work ethic but the looking like they don’t know what the plan is and are making it up as they go. Poor passing - but not as poor as the last game. Poor touches and second to the ball.

Gallagher and Armstrong were poor today and both should have been replaced. The two who went off instead can feel aggrieved. Gallagher jumped once - and actually won the ball. Can’t believe we paid £5m for him - such a waste. Only eclipsed by the waste on Brereton. Not sure what our budget will be in January but I can’t see that we will use it particularly well. Quantity up front but lacking quality.

The tannoy operator summed it up well by playing Driftwood by Travis after the final whistle:

And you really didn't think it would happen
But it really is the end of the line
So I'm sorry that you turned to driftwood
But you've been drifting for a long long time”

Let’s see if we can stop drifting and start swimming!

Still three points off sixth but not looking like we are capable of closing that gap. The four points we’ve just dropped would have seen us third so we aren’t far away despite performances.

• Like 2

Two games.. 4 points dropped, if we have any realistic hope of being in the playoffs we just have to beat these types of teams at home! 

The first half today we were abysmal... the following players should no longer be playing in the championship they're simply not good enough..

Bennett - yet again constant mistakes, great guy, great mascot, probably a half decent utility sub, but hes no longer good enough why can't Tomo see what everyone else can! 

Bell - seriously the guy is  a league 1 wing back, we need to adress this position in Jan, without fail!

Gallagher - Birmingham and Southampton must be absolutely P'ing their sides.. won only a few headers, has the touch of an elephant.. not good enough at all.  Sell even at a significant loss.

In Jan, we need to sort a new perm CB, a new LB, backup RB unless that's Bennett and a striker that is 70% of DG not 10% like the ones we have currently! 

Edited by Darwen Rover 007
Grammar

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

back on the counter attack for the huddersfield game might suit us better??though you never know with this group when a real horror show is going to manifest,i don`t think there is any leadership,barring lenihan,who should be captain and there are far to many who turn up for their wages and thats it,this side is not hungry

This manager isn't hungry for promotion that's the main problem.  He's more interested in just balancing status quo within his squad and gathering enough points along the way.

Only ever goes positive attacking then sticking with the same winning side where he can when he's coming under pressure. The very minute it abates he's back to players over points keep them all happy mode.

Forever the midtable under achiever when it could be a bit more interesting with a set of balls. He will do the same things over and over and over....

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 7

Just now, Stuart said:

Two awful home games in the space of a few days. Still unbeaten but it’s difficult to see where the goals are coming from. No clear game plan. No defined shape. Can’t fault they work ethic but the looking like they don’t know what the plan is and are making it up as they go. Poor passing - but not as poor as the last game. Poor touches and second to the ball.

Gallagher and Armstrong were poor today and both should have been replaced. The two who went off instead can feel aggrieved. Gallagher jumped once - and actually won the ball. Can’t believe we paid £5m for him - such a waste. Only eclipsed by the waste on Brereton. Not sure what our budget will be in January but I can’t see that we will use it particularly well. Quantity up front but lacking quality.

The tannoy operator summed it up well by playing Driftwood by Travis after the final whistle:

And you really didn't think it would happen
But it really is the end of the line
So I'm sorry that you turned to driftwood
But you've been drifting for a long long time”

Let’s see if we can stop drifting and start swimming!

Still three points off sixth but not looking like we are capable of closing that gap. The four points we’ve just dropped would have seen us third so we aren’t far away despite performances.

Strange, I thought that was Armstrong's best game for a long while. Looked dangerous, although he was starved of service.

Just now, tomphil said:

Only ever goes positive attacking then sticking with the same winning side where he can when he's coming under pressure. The very minute it abates he's back to players over points keep them all happy mode.

There's something in this.

Before the unbeaten run we were slipping towards the bottom and Mowbray was under pressure - at least from fans on here and some at live matches.

Now the pressure is off he and the team relaxes.

Pushing for promotion is stressful. Methinks Tony likes the quiet life in midtable or just above. His pension manager thinks so too

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 6

Well we had a complicated match i thibk both teams were still thinking about their presents i felt that nobody where ver commitment and actually that's why we doesn't won tonight cause we did a better game than brummies...
I know we left some points in our ground and that's not good at all buuuut...we still undefiting and we have another good point...yes yes star moaning again "this team never wpuld be on play offs" well first of all so what? We doesen't have the level to finish on top 5 or 6 we now that it's time to get over it....
But we have enough quality to dinish on top 10 9 or even 8 why not? And that wpuld be bettwr tan last campaign and that would be more than good enough to me...
Next match is against Huddersfield and wont be easy at all but I'm specting to have 3 more points and still undefeated....
COME ON YOU ROVERS!!!!
#ImRoversTillIDie
#Top10season
#TheMexicanRover

Just now, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I think Buckley showed some good touches and endeavour; few mistakes but looks like he has potential.

There's a part of me that would like to see him and Travis as part of a CM 

He's too lightweight - if he first touch was better, or if he was quicker, he might get away with it.

For mine I'd play 4-4-2 and give a pairing of Rothwell and Travis 5 games in CM. 

Our midfield contribute v little to games and Mowbray is well on his way to ruining Travis by trying to make him another midfield destroyer.

Rothwell and Travis have all the qualities you look for - they can pass, they can carry the ball, they're both mobile and they can tackle (obviously to varying degrees).

• Like 1

Another weak ref let the game descend into an foul-ridden stop-start affair. Personally I like Johnson in the side protecting the back 4, he has a level of composure many others lack plus wins more than his fair share of headers. Buckley was both good and bad and I thought Armstrong did OK, was our main attacking threat. Bell was abysmal.

We are still a mid-table team having a decent run.

• Like 2

Atrocious game between two poor sides managed by two poor managers. Still heading down the road to nowhere under Mowbray despite a flattering run of results which promised a false dawn.

Was especially disappointed with Johnson who given his lack of effort might as well have been sat in the stand and Holtby who was heading for the deck almost before he received the ball every time. With Bennett just being well, Bennett, that left our midfield practically non existent. Also think Lenihan has had two really poor games this week, he seems to find it more or less impossible to pass to a blue and white shirt.

Only minor positives today for me were Buckley who despite one or two errors looked very lively and the only one capable of making anything happen and Gallagher who Im not a fan of but whilst as usual never threatening goal today  I thought he put in a much better shift than normal and looked a lot fitter than the rest of the team.

We still need to dispense with Mowbray imo if we're ever to have any hopes of finishing better than below halfway in the table.

• Like 6