BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Birmingham- St Stephens , sorry Boxing day

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well it's clear why William's and Bell is playing yesterday. 

I like Bennett in the squad

Not posted on here in ages but seriously, why???  I can't think of anything he offers to the team besides the occasional bit of energy and a fistpump here and there.  The number of times he gives the ball away, gives needless fouls away, misses making a pass/makes the wrong one.  He's a League One player at best.  Maybe ok to have on the bench but that's at a push.  You're the first person I've heard state they like having Bennett in the team.  When conversing in/around Ewood and beyond, it's universally accepted he's rubbish.  

• Like 3

Just now, mustard said:

Not posted on here in ages but seriously, why???  I can't think of anything he offers to the team besides the occasional bit of energy and a fistpump here and there.  The number of times he gives the ball away, gives needless fouls away, misses making a pass/makes the wrong one.  He's a League One player at best.  Maybe ok to have on the bench but that's at a push.  You're the first person I've heard state they like having Bennett in the team.  When conversing in/around Ewood and beyond, it's universally accepted he's rubbish.  

He's a good bench player as he can cover a few positions if required, but that's all he should be. He's a good character to have in the dressing room regardless of if he's getting any time on the pitch. I just wish he was better in terms of ability as his commitment and effort can't be called into question.

Just now, Ossydave said:

He's a good bench player as he can cover a few positions if required, but that's all he should be. He's a good character to have in the dressing room regardless of if he's getting any time on the pitch. I just wish he was better in terms of ability as his commitment and effort can't be called into question.

I'd agree with you there, just baffled at chaddy liking his inclusion in the starting 11.  He's certainly not a centre midfielder and surely anyone can see that sticking him in the centre of the park weakens the side.

7 minutes ago, mustard said:

I said match day squad. 

I would use him more in away games like Huddersfield game where I would play 4-4-2 formation

1 hour ago, mustard said:

Absolutely. Technically not up to it and a ticking time bomb desperate to slide and dive in at every given opportunity.

What did everyone think of Buckley? I think he showed massive potential! And would like to see him start more games although with strict instrictions of no dribbling around the edge of our box! I Felt his passing and vision was great, and was good at running with the ball yes he gave it away a few times but would rather that than the usual pass it back and start again all the time.

Also really liked his energy and pace and kept putting the opposition under pressure. I would suggest that only Arma and Rothwell are quicker than him? 

• Like 3