BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Birmingham- St Stephens , sorry Boxing day

40 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Two bad results, but always expected when everyone expects to win them.

We have gone from a settled side to not having a clue who Mowbray is going to pick again.

I have a bad feeling that this is going to be the start of another Mowbray horror run, fully expect 2 defeats in our next two now. We're just not going to score goals now Dack is out.

I was thinking exactly this at the game today.

Mowbray has gone back to his old ways.

I just don’t understand how, after finding success play playing certain players, and playing a particular way, he has gone back to regular wholesale changes and is adjusting the style back to the previous one that he was criticised for. All of the inconsistency in selection, subs and ultimately our performances have replaced the consistency and gelling team that we had.

He clearly has learned nothing and the “successful fans XI” vs “Mowbray trying to keep everyone happy” was and us fair criticism. He has certainly not learned any lessons and will not change. I certainly don’t feel that losing Dack is an excuse to change other successful elements. Downing dropped for Bell??

But at least he has his own flag. :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Our lack of width is a real hindrance.  Too many players in the middle running into each other  on the edge of the area.  Our 'attacking wing backs' offer nothing.

Without Mulgrew our set pieces are bloody woeful.  

The season's peaked with that win at Bristol.

Yeah, it's pathetic how we have Samuel, Graham and Brereton taking up 3 spaces on the bench yet an out and out tricky winger in Chapman can't get a sniff. 

Ridiculous.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Husky said:

It's bizarre. All the money went on 2 strikers with really poor goalscoring stats.

One thing that's been concerning for a while now is that no matter where we are in the table, our goal difference is always poor.

And another example of needing a goal at home we make 3 subs and our £7million striker isn’t one of them . Not that I wanted him to be but if I were in Venkys shoes I’d be asking wtf that was all about.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Unbelievable negativity from some.

We are at home and playing a team, in poor form, 7 places below us and with 7 points less.

Why would anyone not be confident about today!?

@Chaddyrovers - what my thoughts or predictions are can have no bearing at all on the Rovers' result.  Never heard such nonsense!

jinxed yet again Mercer. twice in a week ?

• Like 1

BBC....

The news that all Blackburn fans were fearing - manager Tony Mowbray has confirmed that forward Bradley Dack sustained an anterior cruciate ligament injury in Monday's draw with Wigan and will be out of action for a lengthy period.

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

Even with the loss of Dack and this being our second game this week, I fully expect Rovers to win this game. 

Brum are a poor side and have lost the last three on the spin.

We have more than enough talent and options in our squad to put on a decent show.

Going for a 3-1 victory.

And the prize for biggest plonker goes to.....

Jim's coffers did well on the contra Mercer bet though. 

• Like 3

Just now, TBTF said:

And another example of needing a goal at home we make 3 subs and our £7million striker isn’t one of them . Not that I wanted him to be but if I were in Venkys shoes I’d be asking wtf that was all about.

I've already said this in previous threads.

If your zillion dollar star striker isn't coming on when it's 0-0 at home to the bottom of the league team, he simply isn't ever going to come on.

Someone needs to stop being such a coward and admit they pulled a massive stinker. Brereton needs to go out on loan to a league 1 side asap. He's not going to get any better by not playing - he's not working with Pep in training, so I really can't see the point in maintaining the current status quo.

Just pure cowardly face saving.

Edited by Husky
  • Like 3

Absolute garbage to build on the back of a disappointing yet at least relatively entertaining 'contest' against Wigan.

No doubt there will be pats on the back all around about how we're another game unbeaten, how unlucky we've been with injuries and how decent Birmingham are but the reality of the situation is that we've allowed two very attractive fixtures against two mediocre sides to pass us by with 2 out of 6 points to show for it and have allowed the momentum following the Swansea and Bristol week to dissipate. Ah but we are only 'x' points off the top 6 - meaningless data that will continue all season without us ever actually being in the top 6. 

Now we've two tougher looking games at Huddersfield and Forest to prepare for and I think we can all expect the talk to be about how tough those games are going to be and how well we will do to avoid defeat in them both. Achieve that and it is 4 points from 12. Not good. 

You can forgive one of these two games to be a disappointment. A come down, a battle against side tough to break down but as far as I am concerned we have allowed two poor sides to come and take points away from Ewood and from our own point of view we haven't done remotely near enough as the home side supposedly aiming for the play-offs to beat these sides. Urgency? Very little. Usual non-event of the first 45 minutes. I don't know what is said pre-match but our performances at Ewood between 10 and 45 minutes are frankly a disgrace and it happens almost every match. The game just passes us by as we aimlessly play the ball around in circles in our own half.

We almost got out of jail today - having been atrocious for 55 minutes we are handed an opportunity via the penalty. We get our noses infront. Yet from the second the goal goes in our mentality shifts away from chasing a goal and towards protecting the lead - not good - we sit back, let them start playing and then comes the inevitable basket case suicidal defending which has plagued us so many times.

I can't even begin to analyse the team today but once again Mowbray has shown he has no intention nor desire to end his constant chopping and changing. Those hoping or believing that the settled side of a couple of weeks ago are going to be disappointed. This manager loves to make numerous changes even when he doesn't have to.

The decision to start Bell once again a poor one. How many chances he is going to get I don't know but each time it is shown to be a poor decision. Buckley starting? No thanks. 

Extreme disappointment as the same old flaws come to the surface each time.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 4

I thought the first half we were far too slow in possession and show glimpses of quality but not enough. 

Armstrong took the penalty very well. He could have scored another today.

I thought Mowbray made too many changes to the team today and Rothwell should have started. He would have been wide open on the left wing. 

Players who I thought had a good game was Lenihan(MOTM), Johnson, Walton. Armstrong

Players who I thought was poor game was Holtby(second half), Bell, Gallagher. 

Mowbray was far too slow to make the subs changes we need second half after They scored.

Buckley shows some good points but also some good ones. 

It is a point today but we haven't lost any ground on the top 6. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's too lightweight - if he first touch was better, or if he was quicker, he might get away with it.

For mine I'd play 4-4-2 and give a pairing of Rothwell and Travis 5 games in CM. 

Our midfield contribute v little to games and Mowbray is well on his way to ruining Travis by trying to make him another midfield destroyer.

Rothwell and Travis have all the qualities you look for - they can pass, they can carry the ball, they're both mobile and they can tackle (obviously to varying degrees).

No offence but a midfield of Travis and Rothwell would leave us wide open. Travis works best with someone who will sit in, like Evans. 

Edited by Amo

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I thought the first half we were far too slow in possession and show glimpses of quality but not enough. 

You could copy and paste that for every home game this season and last. When do we ever see a first 45 minutes with urgency and quality?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

It is a point today but we haven't lost any ground on the top 6. 

It is two points dropped. I expect you'll be celebrating draws at Huddersfield and Forest and then before we know it the gap  to the top 6 will be there again.

We needed a goal at home against a team in poor form and Mowbray waits until the 81st minute (apart from Nyambe's enforced replacement) to

bring on a sub, the man lacks bottle he was obviously frightened of losing and at the end of the day he'll be happy with a point.

He's simply not a winner and we'll never be anything other than a mediocre mid table team (at best) with him in charge.

Edited by West Yorks Rover
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Atrocious game between two poor sides managed by two poor managers. Still heading down the road to nowhere under Mowbray despite a flattering run of results which promised a false dawn.

Was especially disappointed with Johnson who given his lack of effort might as well have been sat in the stand and Holtby who was heading for the deck almost before he received the ball every time. With Bennett just being well, Bennett, that left our midfield practically non existent. Also think Lenihan has had two really poor games this week, he seems to find it more or less impossible to pass to a blue and white shirt.

Only minor positives today for me were Buckley who despite one or two errors looked very lively and the only one capable of making anything happen and Gallagher who Im not a fan of but whilst as usual never threatening goal today  I thought he put in a much better shift than normal and looked a lot fitter than the rest of the team.

We still need to dispense with Mowbray imo if we're ever to have any hopes of finishing better than below halfway in the table.

Got the player of the match award too.

I seem to be in the minority here who thought Lenihan was quite poor today. Letting balls bounce (literally everyone knows not to do this), getting the wrong side of his man (and consequently giving away yet another free kick), giving the ball away cheaply and playing the ball out far too slowly.

Bennett yet again a weak link. The crowning turd in the water pipe was when he intercepted a through-ball for Nyambe and kicked it off the pitch instead.

Bell was quite simply a non-league embarrassment. No confidence going forward, atrocious defending. No sense of position. Garbage.

Gallagher is not a striker. He does not have it. Graham does. Rhodes did. McCarthy, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Yak, many others all knew how to score from relatively nothing. Our current lot try hard. Well whoop-de-do.

I must admit, I thought Johnson did better than those on Monday. He constantly moved so as to receive a pass and seemed one of the few to wanted to pass it forward.

Buckley easily our stand-out player. Willing to beat a man and put his foot in a little. A pity he is still on the flimsy side this season.

Overall an average to poor side who look like they're about to go sliding back down the table.

Edited by Riverside under the drip

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Absolute garbage to build on the back of a disappointing yet at least relatively entertaining 'contest' against Wigan.

No doubt there will be pats on the back all around about how we're another game unbeaten, how unlucky we've been with injuries and how decent Birmingham are but the reality of the situation is that we've allowed two very attractive fixtures against two mediocre sides to pass us by with 2 out of 6 points to show for it and have allowed the momentum following the Swansea and Bristol week to dissipate. Ah but we are only 'x' points off the top 6 - meaningless data that will continue all season without us ever actually being in the top 6. 

Now we've two tougher looking games at Huddersfield and Forest to prepare for and I think we can all expect the talk to be about how tough those games are going to be and how well we will do to avoid defeat in them both. Achieve that and it is 4 points from 12. Not good. 

You can forgive one of these two games to be a disappointment. A come down, a battle against side tough to break down but as far as I am concerned we have allowed two poor sides to come and take points away from Ewood and from our own point of view we haven't done remotely near enough as the home side supposedly aiming for the play-offs to beat these sides. Urgency? Very little. Usual non-event of the first 45 minutes. I don't know what is said pre-match but our performances at Ewood between 10 and 45 minutes are frankly a disgrace and it happens almost every match. The game just passes us by as we aimlessly play the ball around in circles in our own half.

We almost got out of jail today - having been atrocious for 55 minutes we are handed an opportunity via the penalty. We get our noses infront. Yet from the second the goal goes in our mentality shifts away from chasing a goal and towards protecting the lead - not good - we sit back, let them start playing and then comes the inevitable basket case suicidal defending which has plagued us so many times.

I can't even begin to analyse the team today but once again Mowbray has shown he has no intention nor desire to end his constant chopping and changing. Those hoping or believing that the settled side of a couple of weeks ago are going to be disappointed. This manager loves to make numerous changes even when he doesn't have to.

The decision to start Bell once again a poor one. How many chances he is going to get I don't know but each time it is shown to be a poor decision. Buckley starting? No thanks. 

Extreme disappointment as the same old flaws come to the surface each time.

I have a gut feeling it will be 2 points from 12 , this on New Year's Day....

Nothing happening upfront  don't look like scoring !

22 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

BBC....

The news that all Blackburn fans were fearing - manager Tony Mowbray has confirmed that forward Bradley Dack sustained an anterior cruciate ligament injury in Monday's draw with Wigan and will be out of action for a lengthy period.

Mowbray on Radio Lancashire suggested it will be about 12 months before we see him again.