BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Birmingham- St Stephens , sorry Boxing day

Just now, only2garners said:

Mowbray on Radio Lancashire suggested it will be about 12 months before we see him again.

did`nt shearer do the same ligament,he was back in 6/7 months i think though a sad blow to our season imo,on an even gloomier note,iv`e just looked at the table and we could have been bang in the play off zone with two wins against mediocre sides we`ve just played,ffs will someone give mowbray an undercooked piece of turkey

42 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I was thinking exactly this at the game today.

Mowbray has gone back to his old ways.

I just don’t understand how, after finding success play playing certain players, and playing a particular way, he has gone back to regular wholesale changes and is adjusting the style back to the previous one that he was criticised for. All of the inconsistency in selection, subs and ultimately our performances have replaced the consistency and gelling team that we had.

He clearly has learned nothing and the “successful fans XI” vs “Mowbray trying to keep everyone happy” was and us fair criticism. He has certainly not learned any lessons and will not change. I certainly don’t feel that losing Dack is an excuse to change other successful elements. Downing dropped for Bell??

But at least he has his own flag. :rolleyes: 

Because we won at Bristol, leading Tony to think he was right all along and we were wrong. I would describe that as a fluke Tony, not proof of genius.

• Like 2

I was pissed off with the performance and result today but what got me more angry was Mowbrays annoying trait of putting his hands on his head (or spreading his arms apart) on lots of occasions when HIS players made mistakes. It looks pathetic.

In the game we were only worth a point as we were on Monday. Today was two bang average Championship teams with plenty of endeavour but hugely lacking in quality. With the news that Dack is out for the season Mowbray really needs to pull some rabbits out of hats if we are to be anywhere near the top ten. As with Monday our passing today was poor in the extreme with so many careless passes from nearly every player. Mowbray mentioned the unbeaten run we are on but we would have been better losing one and winning one of the last two.

• Like 5

Just now, arbitro said:

I was pissed off with the performance and result today but what got me more angry was Mowbrays annoying trait of putting his hands on his head (or spreading his arms apart) on lots of occasions when HIS players made mistakes. It looks pathetic.

In the game we were only worth a point as we were on Monday. Today was two bang average Championship teams with plenty of endeavour but hugely lacking in quality. With the news that Dack is out for the season Mowbray really needs to pull some rabbits out of hats if we are to be anywhere near the top ten. As with Monday our passing today was poor in the extreme with so many careless passes from nearly every player. Mowbray mentioned the unbeaten run we are on but we would have been better losing one and winning one of the last two.

Which is why dropping points in these two very winnable home games is poor. We now have to go and get those points from two better teams - probably away from home.

• Like 1

More annoyed today than I was on Monday. Went with a 4-4-2, yet STILL the only players offering us any width are our full backs.

The Peter Jackson hospitality must be on the generous side, cos whoever decided Lenihan was MOTM must have been steaming. He was crap again, and our back four looks shaky and disorganised without Adarabioyo there.

I thought Bell did ok until he decided to boot their player. Anyone complaining about that penalty decision is either blind or bonkers.

Buckley clearly has plenty of ability and a very good brain - if he had the physique of Brereton, he could go right to the very top. He needs serious game time and a lot of gym work as soon as possible.

Walton looking good again, though I’d like to see less pass backs to him. Armstrong does sod all except score a penalty and thinks he’s Shearer reincarnated. Sick of him. Gallagher grafted but won’t get double figures in a season as long as he’s got a hole in his arse.

14 minutes ago, Amo said:

Yup. None of them are good enough. Squad players at best. Mowbray gets off far too easily for neglecting the defence. Our two best defenders this season don’t belong to us.

Gets off far too lightly? Have you just joined the board. Its pretty much a non stop discussion point for the last year plus. 

I wouldn't criticising him for signing good loans either to be honest. We ain't signing someone as good as Tosin otherwise 

• Like 2

Really boring and ultimately dismal display against a poor side. We have lost far too many points at home to shit teams and we look toothless without Dacks goals to bail us out. We have to sign a goalscorer in January. Too many changes and too many ultimately not good enough players in that 11.

Walton was fine again. Nyambe ok. Bell crap, simply not up to it and stupid for the penalty both with his initial header and dangling a leg. The centre backs cant pass a ball but were fine in defence against a really poor attack.

Johnson was good, Bennett is absolute shite but we all knew that. Rash and technically rubbish. Buckley is quite simply not ready, nearly cost us a goal due to pissing about on the edge of his own box and needs loaning out. Holtby isnt a winger as long as he has a hole in his arse and should play centrally.

Up top, Armstrong offered a threat but cant play up top because he doesnt understand the offside rule. Gallagher is hopeless and not up to it.

The subs were made far too late and had no time to make an impact.

I would bring in Adarabioyo, Downing, Travis, Rothwell and Graham against Huddersfield, yet more wholesale changes but back to our best side. Drop Bennett, Williams, Bell, Gallagher and Buckley and if Nyambe isnt fit I would probably put Travis RB and bring Evans next to Johnson.

No chance of play offs.

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Players who I thought had a good game was Lenihan(MOTM), Johnson, Walton. Armstrong

Players who I thought was poor game was Holtby(second half), Bell, Gallagher. 

Mowbray was far too slow to make the subs changes we need second half after They scored.

Buckley shows some good points but also some good ones. 

It is a point today but we haven't lost any ground on the top 6. 

Lenihan in the last two games has done the defensive things very well but his passing has been atrocious. 

Buckley looks like he has talent but he's not ready yet. I don't think he should be starting personally and I'd rather have seen a Chapman or a JRC getting that place, bulk him up in the under 23's and send him out on loan next season. 

Armstrong frustrates the hell out of me, he really struggles to time his runs to stay inside when he plays upfront. 

We can definitely give up on Bell, cost us two points today not that we deserved it.

Just now, arbitro said:

If Tosin is still out for Sunday and Nyambe is injured we are down to Williams and Lenihan as centre halves. A training ground injury to either of them would be catastrophic.

Yet in his latest interview Mowbray appears unconvinced about the need for January reinforcements.

After what happened last season after the January window closed he needs firing if he can't see a need for more depth in defence.

• Like 1

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Lenihan in the last two games has done the defensive things very well but his passing has been atrocious. 

Buckley looks like he has talent but he's not ready yet. I don't think he should be starting personally and I'd rather have seen a Chapman or a JRC getting that place, bulk him up in the under 23's and send him out on loan next season. 

Armstrong frustrates the hell out of me, he really struggles to time his runs to stay inside when he plays upfront. 

We can definitely give up on Bell, cost us two points today not that we deserved it.

Agree on Lenihan but his main job is his job as defender. 

Agree on Bell. I would sell him January 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Gets off far too lightly? Have you just joined the board. Its pretty much a non stop discussion point for the last year plus. 

I wouldn't criticising him for signing good loans either to be honest. We ain't signing someone as good as Tosin otherwise 

I’m not talking strictly about here. Mowbray never gets called out in the press for the lack of defensive recruits. Then again, he gets an easy ride from them full stop.

Tosin’s a good addition but we’ve paid x amount for the privilege of a player who’s not ours. If we’re building a side for the future we need permanent signings or at least a buyout clause. I bet you anything he won’t be playing for us next season.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

He's not livestock ? I dont get this sometimes. He could "bulk up" and he could be shite. His strength is his speed and nimbleness 

Just now, Amo said:

I’m not talking strictly about here. Mowbray never gets called out in the press for the lack of defensive recruits. Then again, he gets an easy ride from them full stop.

Tosin’s a good addition but we’ve paid x amount for the privilege of a player who’s not ours. If we’re building a side for the future we need permanent signings or at least a buyout clause. I bet you anything he won’t be playing for us next season.  

By the press you mean Rich Sharpe? 

Does it matter? I would prefer Tosin for one year rather than sign an inferior player long term. Ideally you want to sign good players on long terms deals, but using the loan market well is one of the best ways to get out of this division. Look at Villa. A good player,is a good player. 

Just now, JHRover said:

Yet in his latest interview Mowbray appears unconvinced about the need for January reinforcements.

After what happened last season after the January window closed he needs firing if he can't see a need for more depth in defence.

from listening to bbc radio Lanc interview sounds like Players have to leave first before players can come in. 

We do have a big squad 1st team squad wise

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He's not livestock ? I dont get this sometimes. He could "bulk up" and he could be shite. His strength is his speed and nimbleness 

One good thing about Brexit is that the UK will supposedly be importing chicken with even more steroids.

Get him on that and add some beans. He'll soon be storming through defences like Alan Shearer, right?

• Like 1

Walton: played well.

Nyambe: worked hard, solid but can't cross a ball and therefore was/is no real attacking threat.

Lenihan and Williams: solid enough but against the most toothless and poor side I've seen at Ewood in a while. 

Bell: cost us the game. Would rather have Bruno Berner back and he was terrible. No attacking threat, constantly stops attacks by losing the ball and should never play again. 

Holtby: never a winger in a 442 at home. Wasted.

Johnson: solid enough but no attacking threat today. 

Bennett: not good enough. Not a central midfielder, not a right back.   Should be on the bench and be glad of that.

Buckley: never a left sided midfielder. Got something but was slow and lightweight. The one time he beat a man his cross was dreadful. Top players are dominating games even at his age and he didn't.

Gallagher: about as threatening as a kitten. £5 million and not a home goal in first half of season says it all. Won about two headers all game. Not great at hold up play. Not impressed. One of those great non scoring strikers that we like to stockpile. 

Armstrong: tried hard and thought he was best of a bad bunch. The only goal threat on the pitch until Graham. 

Another wasted opportunity to assert ourselves against garbage opposition which they were. No way we are getting near playoffs without our best player. Play your strongest team Tony and stop trying to please everyone. Back to square one. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We do have a big squad 1st team squad wise

Do we? 

I'm not sure that is correct when you compare to other sides.

The difference is that we have 5 or so u23 players who are also classed as 1st team players. I'm talking Chapman, JRC, Samuel, Butterworth.

Take them out the equation and I dont think we have a big squad.

We are threadbare in key areas and well stocked in others. Manager to blame for that. 

Talk of having a squad too big is just a cover story for there being no cash available from the owners.

• Like 1

Just now, Husky said:

One good thing about Brexit is that the UK will supposedly be importing chicken with even more steroids.

Get him on that and add some beans. He'll soon be storming through defences like Alan Shearer, right?

Ha ha. A diet of beans ,steroid chickens and pints of stout. Opponents will be bouncing off him