BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Birmingham- St Stephens , sorry Boxing day

9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Blatant bullshit, why even bother?

TM said on Monday he had a 'chance' of being fit for boxing day, if not then Huddersfield. Roughly translates to he wasnt 100% fit yesterday so wasn't risked. He will start on Sundsy and your made up rumour will be put to bed.

Joleon Lescott looks after all the players out on loan from City and if there was likely to be movement of Tosin surely he would be the man behind it. An agent wouldn't have any say in it I don't believe. On that alone I think it's somebody putting two and two together.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Juicy gossip, but time will tell. 

If the source came from someone insignificant I’d agree, juicy gossip, but the Tosin rumour came from a respected Rovers official who you would expect to know what’s going on.  The Dack to WBA came from a member of Wigan’s coaching team who has very good Rovers connections, but what’s happened to Dack since, it doesn’t really matter.

9 hours ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Today's line up away from home would've been acceptable. At home against a struggling team it wasn't. No width, full backs who get forward but have no end product. It's really frustrating from Mowbray. Birmingham were garbage and we should've had enough to beat them.

Don’t worry, Chapman's gonna be like a new signing in January.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Blatant bullshit, why even bother?

TM said on Monday he had a 'chance' of being fit for boxing day, if not then Huddersfield. Roughly translates to he wasnt 100% fit yesterday so wasn't risked. He will start on Sundsy and your made up rumour will be put to bed.

Was told off a pretty high up Rovers official, so he must have made it up. Only passing on gossip that I have heard if you don’t want to hear rumours on this M/B why bother coming on. TM says a lot of things some true some not and I’m a big fan of his, just respect other people’s views/ rumours without being offensive.

Just now, unsall said:

Was told off a pretty high up Rovers official, so he must have made it up. Only passing on gossip that I have heard if you don’t want to hear rumours on this M/B why bother coming on. TM says a lot of things some true some not and I’m a big fan of his, just respect other people’s views/ rumours without being offensive.

A 'respected high up official' wouldn't be a very respectable one if he was going round spouting nonsense for people to plaster on internet message boards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

A 'respected high up official' wouldn't be a very respectable one if he was going round spouting nonsense for people to plaster on internet message boards.

Dave, @unsall is passing on what he was told. Same as @J*B was. We need these people who gets these type of info. Be respectful. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

When Lenihan passes the ball to an opponent that is down to Lenihan.  The reason players misplace passes is because that aren't Premier League standard.  Every team does the same in this League - Birmingham gave the ball away continually, as did Wigan and Bristol last week.  There is a reason Rothwell, for example, was plying his trade at Oxford United and not Manchester United when we signed him.

As for Dack, you can't not play a player because you believe he might be sold in a few weeks time.  You'd be the first to be up in arms about the manager doing that!

Personally, I was delighted to see Buckley get a start today because I think the lad has a huge amount of potential.  

Ultimately, Stuart, you don't care for the manager - which is fair enough.  Personally, I don't mind him and think he's done a decent job overall during his time at the club.  Clearly the manager is something we will have to agree to disagree on.

The only people who can change the manager are the owners and from what one hears he has their full support.

Very clever deflection, on two counts, Pb.

First, Lenihan isn’t the problem - he is the best of a very bad bunch right now. That’s thanks to poor recruitment in defence. An area Mowbray acknowledged our weakness but did nothing, and still looks to be doing nothing, about. His M.O. has been to bring in understudies to try to push his loyal charges (except curiously where you should - gk) instead of upgrading our first team and worse players losing their place. (How long did it take for Smallwood to be exiled? - there is surely something more to that one). You single out Lenihan - who else could play there? I say Bennett, Gallagher, Armstrong, Bell, Williams. All keep being played despite poor performances - notably, as you lament, giving the ball away regularly. Yet they are picked game after game. Other players are even played out of position or dropped to accommodate them, e.g. Rothwell, Holtby, Downing, Travis. Bennett who should be a utility player (and from the bench) who can cover for injury anywhere on the park and do an adequate job is instead captain and a preferred starter!! These are all decisions taken by our management team - presumably because what they see in training is more important that what we all see on match days. Then he has the audacity to gesticulate at these players from the side of the pitch.

Second, you say “I don’t care for Mowbray”. I have no feelings towards him as a person one way or the other. If pushed I’d say he tries to do the right things based on his book of nobility and is loyal to a fault. But what does that have to do with anything? It doesn’t matter what his personal attributes are. His job is recruitment, selection, tactics, motivation, and dealing with the press. Sadly his strength is the latter, and only because the local paper chooses not to ask any of the difficult questions!

His Championship recruitment record is dreadful, with more misses than hits and we still rely on former managers’ players and, damningly our best player is Dack who was brought in for League One.

The fact that he has Venkys full support is no surprise, after all he has surrounded himself with allies. Who will speak out against him? Pascha - an appalling run last season, arguably our worst post-war run, maybe ever, wasn’t enough such is the position of strength he has. It’s a dangerous precedent whether he’s a “nice man” or not. It would certainly turn football players off if a manager was not held accountable and it was all on them - no matter what rotation/formation/tactics deployed. It would not be healthy.

Ultimately, all that matters is promotion while we are trapped in a cycle of debt-and-bail-out-by-Venkys. You call it ebb and flow, and probably chuckle at anyone who thinks we are in for a tough time in the not too distant future. At the same time you champion plodders like Bowyer and Mowbray when all they are doing is holding us back - until the leave of course and only then will you say they had taken us as far as they could. Bowyer had the players and wasted them. Mowbray has had the money and wasted it. It’s that simple. No need to deflect to insinuate that it is somehow personal.

Sadly, we are now stuck with a bloke who takes 10 games to work out his best side and then changes things when it turns out his best side contains players he doesn’t seem to “care for”.

• Like 3

As crap as Brum were I think TM underestimated them a little bit and thought we could turn them over with more fringe players than was necessary. Most managers in the country chopped and changed a bit yesterday, I think playing Monday made him fret a bit more than most.

I think (hope) he will pick a stronger 11 on Sunday, it's easy to forget he did pick the same team for a few games in a row previously. The Dack injury has probably thrown a bit of a spanner in the works though and we will see a few different approaches to filling that void. Yesterday's clearly didn't work so hopefully there's something else up his sleeve.

It's easy to criticise the team for dropping points but so did a lot of teams round us bar Forest and Brentford.

Stats are firmly pointing to a 1-1 draw at Huddersfield put hopefully we can pull another Bristol type away performance off, looking forward to the game and looks like we're almost sold out now.

Just now, Ossydave said:

The Dack injury has probably thrown a bit of a spanner in the works though and we will see a few different approaches to filling that void. Yesterday's clearly didn't work so hopefully there's something else up his sleeve.

This is the problem with Mowbray,  instead of just keeping his team the same and just slotting holtby into dacks role, he uses it to give his pals a chance to play.  Ridiculous amount of changes yesterday for a "should-win to move into the play offs" game,  but he chose a team who would always struggle at this level.  Why?  Leeds don't make these changes, West Brom don't.... 

39 minutes ago, unsall said:

If the source came from someone insignificant I’d agree, juicy gossip, but the Tosin rumour came from a respected Rovers official who you would expect to know what’s going on.  The Dack to WBA came from a member of Wigan’s coaching team who has very good Rovers connections, but what’s happened to Dack since, it doesn’t really matter.

Well time will still tell because if Tosin plays for us again,it would suggest the rumour wasnt true. Would you agree?

As for the Dack story, ya,I would take it with a pinch of salt to be honest. 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

This is the problem with Mowbray,  instead of just keeping his team the same and just slotting holtby into dacks role, he uses it to give his pals a chance to play.  Ridiculous amount of changes yesterday for a "should-win to move into the play offs" game,  but he chose a team who would always struggle at this level.  Why?  Leeds don't make these changes, West Brom don't.... 

Ya I think he messed it up yesterday. It was a simple Holtby for Dack swap as far as I was concerned. Or even Buckley. 

Bennett to cm was a bad call too. It's a home game against a poor team, we should have had someone in there to keep the ball. Again,even Buckley. 

Buckley and Holtby on the wings doesn't make sense to me 

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

This is exactly what he does, did it away at Bristol miles away in front of a few hundred travelling fans, got away with it.  Gets a bit bolder because it worked and the formula that was winning games back to back is now out the window again.  Won't come back along with a more pressing attack minded game and remain unchanged until the fans are about to tun again and he might fear the owners getting twitchy.

He's a crafty old sod is Tony he tries to keep everybody happy bit by bit, keeps him in the job. He's very much landed on the 'risk v reward' balance.  

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

This is exactly what he does, did it away at Bristol miles away in front of a few hundred travelling fans, got away with it.  Gets a bit bolder because it worked and the formula that was winning games back to back is now out the window again.  Won't come back along with a more pressing attack minded game and remain unchanged until the fans are about to tun again and he might fear the owners getting twitchy.

He's a crafty old sod is Tony he tries to keep everybody happy bit by bit, keeps him in the job. He's very much landed on the 'risk v reward' balance.  

Good post. Think that sums it up. 

Its frustrating that we didnt kick on with the 2 games over xmas. The only silver lining will be if we beat Huddersfield.  Going to be tricky,but when the chips are down we can put in a performance in a game like this. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Good post. Think that sums it up. 

Its frustrating that we didnt kick on with the 2 games over xmas. The only silver lining will be if we beat Huddersfield.  Going to be tricky,but when the chips are down we can put in a performance in a game like this. 

We have been a bit more solid to be fair so that's a plus and no reason we can't go there and get a draw.  He's got to get balance in the side again though, strong midfield and no Bell for me.

• Like 1

Ive no faith  in TM at all if its ture what i was told he bottled it in the Summer transfer window when Venkys  where going too bank roll him.  He fell on a set up in November  and we got some good results  . The best away win in years against  Bristol  City and Dack wasn't  playing. He kept playing Bennett  at left back and we all new he wasn't  good enough.  He hasn't  played a natural  winger all season instead he plays forwards whens Chapman  going too get a game .Travis and Johnson  are our best midfield  partnership . Burnley went up with the same team week in week out  why can't  we

• Like 1

12 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Sounds plausible in terms of the lack of info on what's going on with Tosin. On the other hand I can't see how an agent is able to influence whether he plays or not.

More likely City have notified they want him back and will pay back the loan fee etc. What's strange though is that they haven't announced this. Why wait?

All very odd.

More his loan manager than agent I believe.

53 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

If they want to post stuff claiming to be ITK then they need to accept people are wise to it and will question it.

I can vouched for Usuall as he has told me in the past stuff that has been right just like Paul Mani has in the past aswell. 

I asked question of J*B info but I fully respect him as member and trust he wouldn't have posted his info unless he was sure of it

53 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Well we have to make two changes anyway due to Dack and Evans injuries. Graham was never going to start that game. So only 3 changes weren't enforced. Same as West Brom. 

West Brom made 3 changes from their line up from Brentford team to the team that played Barnsley. 

You don't learn that there is no should win games in this championship. 

Is Holtby going to replace Dack or would a front 2 including Armstrong who has already scored more goals then last season. I'm undecide how we should play now tbh. Replacing Dack is going to tough but we have to do this if we want top 6

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I understand that Parsonblue. I just meant let them go for nothing transfer fee wise

Bell won’t be going anywhere this season.

Will Mowbray have the ruthlessness to cut loose the likes of Gladwin, Smallwood and Samuel unless it’s the best possible move for THEM?

2 minutes ago, Amo said:

Bell won’t be going anywhere this season.

Will Mowbray have the ruthlessness to cut loose the likes of Gladwin, Smallwood and Samuel unless it’s the best possible move for THEM?

What? You think Mowbray has stopped Smallwood leaving? The player he hasn’t used once. Ridiculous 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Harry The Bass said:

Maybe you crave “ITK” 2+2 stuff, I’d prefer actual reports personally. 

Actual reports about what was disclosed would only come in the form of us finding out Dack was sold....