BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Birmingham- St Stephens , sorry Boxing day

Just now, Wood26 said:

What? You think Mowbray has stopped Smallwood leaving? The player he hasn’t used once. Ridiculous 

Is that what I said?

Gladwin’s here on a pity contract. Can’t see Mowbray forcing him out the door. 

Similarly, I can’t see Smallwood leaving unless it’s the right move and a nice golden handshake.

He’s too soft for his own good sometimes.

Just now, K-Hod said:

Actual reports about what was disclosed would only come in the form of us finding out Dack was sold....

No shit, Sherlock! Unless people have a reputable source / link, they should save it for the pub. 

Just now, Harry The Bass said:

No shit, Sherlock! Unless people have a reputable source / link, they should save it for the pub. 

Is a link from inside the club according to a poster who has given credible info previously not reputable enough for you?

• J*B unpinned this topic
46 minutes ago, Amo said:

Bell won’t be going anywhere this season.

Will Mowbray have the ruthlessness to cut loose the likes of Gladwin, Smallwood and Samuel unless it’s the best possible move for THEM?

Smallwood and Samuel want to play 1st team football

Mowbray should tell Bell that he can leave in January

27 minutes ago, Harry The Bass said:

Maybe you crave “ITK” 2+2 stuff, I’d prefer actual reports personally. 

good for you Harry. 

I prefer to actually trust Rovers fans that they will post what they heard and they don't crave any attention seeking

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well we have to make two changes anyway due to Dack and Evans injuries. Graham was never going to start that game. So only 3 changes weren't enforced. Same as West Brom. 

West Brom made 3 changes from their line up from Brentford team to the team that played Barnsley. 

You don't learn that there is no should win games in this championship. 

Is Holtby going to replace Dack or would a front 2 including Armstrong who has already scored more goals then last season. I'm undecide how we should play now tbh. Replacing Dack is going to tough but we have to do this if we want top 6

To end up with Del, Bell and Bennett taking up nearly a third of the outfield players places after so long in charge is a disgrace.  

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
32 minutes ago, Harry The Bass said:

You could always do the unthinkable and have a day off from playing devil’s advocate....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

Regarding Tosin, I'd heard that there was 'interference from the same source as caused the original delays in him signing'. Read into that as you will.

Has an agent got wind of a better loan offer if he can get him out of his Rovers contract...?

Just now, K-Hod said:

Of course I’m taking the piss pal, simmer down.

It’s not as if I haven’t pointed out many times that rumours and conspiracy theories are irritating AF to me is it? You going senile or something :) 

Like I said, it’s the sort of stuff we’d hear in the pub that start with “my auntie works for X” etc.

If you’re applying it to the Tosin rumour - someone might have to explain how a loan can benefit the player financially when it’s generally club to club in terms of %of contract paid + clauses and/or loan fee.

Certainly an agent can kick up a fuss to get someone out of a deal if they aren’t happy but;

If it’s an issue where City want him to come back and play for them, I could understand why Rovers might not be able to play him - however it seems ridiculous that the most expensively assembled squad in the world would take that option?

Unless they’ve issues with FFP? Or English players for Champions league?

Perhaps @chaddyrovers can ask @stubrennanMEN on twitter? Do us all a favour and put minds at rest.

22 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Has an agent got wind of a better loan offer if he can get him out of his Rovers contract...?

I don't know Stuart. I'd guess it was more to do with City directly to be fair.

As Harry has eluded to above.

Edited by darrenrover

All in all a very disappointing week after such positives in the weeks previous, the fact the Walton was probably our best player in both games says it all. In my opinion the manager made too many changes for both games, yes it worked at Bristol but more often than not it will result performances like we have seen this week. At this time of year I can understand 2, 3  maybe even 4 changes but 6-7 is too many. I had hoped that Bell may have turned a corner after his performance at Bristol but sadly not his feeble, half hearted 'defending' for the penalty yesterday is the story of his Rovers career. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Actual reports about what was disclosed would only come in the form of us finding out Dack was sold....

In any case, football fans sites thrive on rumour and always have. You can choose to take stories seriously or not without disrespecting the poster.

If the poster goes off in a huff the site loses.

8 hours ago, Harry The Bass said:

No they shouldn't, they should post it on here and give us something to talk about. If the site were purely "factual" it wouldn't survive-----the Radio 3 of football sites!

You've talked yourself into a froth over nothing and K-Hod has given you sound advice.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 47er said:

No they shouldn't, they should post it on here and give us something to talk about. If the site were purely "factual" it wouldn't survive-----the Radio 3 of football sites!

You've talked yourself into a froth over nothing and K-Hod has given you sound advice.

I can assure you the only froth I’ve had today was atop a “bit of the bubbly”.

Each to their own, I’ve outgrown the need to speculate or read it personally.

On 26/12/2019 at 13:47, Stuart said:

Which is why dropping points in these two very winnable home games is poor. We now have to go and get those points from two better teams - probably away from home.

Personally I think it is time for one of our slides, getting to the PL would.mean too much work for everyone so let's make sure we just maintain our nice cushy number here. This whole getting close then dropping points to nothing teams is just like Bowyer, self preservation, better chance of keeping a job here than the Prem.  Cynical I know. 

I don't see us winning till after PNE game.

Edited by USABlue

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

Or does Arteta fancy him for Arsenal?  Has that been suggested yet?

Or perhaps, heaven forbid, he's actually just injured.  That just couldn't be the case could it?

Can an Agent actually stop his client from playing once he has signed a contract with a team? Surely that's BS.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, USABlue said:

Or does Arteta fancy him for Arsenal?  Has that been suggested yet?

Or perhaps, heaven forbid, he's actually just injured.  That just couldn't be the case could it?

Can an Agent actually stop his client from playing once he has signed a contract with a team? Surely that's BS.

It would just be good to know then what the injury is/was that kept him out of two important and winnable fixtures. His absence alone could well have been the difference in those two games.

Sorry but with everything that has gone on under Venkys when it comes to players being left out with talk of knocks, illness and niggles (especially when they are one appearance short of a contract extension or a transfer rumour) it is difficult to not be a little cynical.

Sometimes it’s what they don’t say. For instance, in this article...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18120535.mowbray-adarabioyo-absence-evans-injury-wigan-draw/

...both Williams‘ and Evans’ injuries are described but curiously Adarabioyo is mentioned only as “absence”.

I infer from that that there is a different reason he is out and I suspect it is to do with City. Does a certain number of consecutive games or percentage trigger another payment? Is someone in talks with him and City insist that he speaks to them. They can afford to do what they like. Yes, all tinfoil hat stuff but curious nonetheless.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

It would just be good to know then what the injury is/was that kept him out of two important and winnable fixtures. His absence alone could well have been the difference in those two games.

Sorry but with everything that has gone on under Venkys when it comes to players being left out with talk of knocks, illness and niggles (especially when they are one appearance short of a contract extension or a transfer rumour) it is difficult to not be a little cynical.

Sometimes it’s what they don’t say. For instance, in this article...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18120535.mowbray-adarabioyo-absence-evans-injury-wigan-draw/

...both Williams‘ and Evans’ injuries are described but curiously Adarabioyo is mentioned only as “absence”.

I infer from that that there is a different reason he is out and I suspect it is to do with City. Does a certain number of consecutive games or percentage trigger another payment? Is someone in talks with him and City insist that he speaks to them. They can afford to do what they like. Yes, all tinfoil hat stuff but curious nonetheless.

I'm always suspicious when loan players in Tosin's situation finish the preceding game in good shape and then are suddenly " injured in training ". Given the number of games we'll have played over the Xmas period just how much robust training will we have been doing ?