Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
awhom111

Is This Team Connected to Our Rovers?

Recommended Posts

There's been a Blackburn Rovers in South Africa(Southern Cape) since 1965, but they only stole our name. They didn't steal our badge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/09/2020 at 16:07, Leonard Venkhater said:

There's been a Blackburn Rovers in South Africa(Southern Cape) since 1965, but they only stole our name. They didn't steal our badge.

Nice motto. Sounds like us under Mark Hughes. Andy Todd would be perfect for them :lol:

39EF8918-F8AB-463B-B66F-E174ED4C8C29.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is everyone upset? Any team who wants to look like us because they admire us has to be applauded.

Look at Athletic Bilbao who, at their formation, wanted the team strip of the greatest club football team in the world at that time which was the Rovers.

The person charged with obtaining the strip went to Southampton, England but failed to get the Rovers strip so bought the strip of the local team; red and white stripes.  The away strip is sometimes blue and white quarters I believe in honour of the Rovers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bazza said:

Why is everyone upset? Any team who wants to look like us because they admire us has to be applauded.

Look at Athletic Bilbao who, at their formation, wanted the team strip of the greatest club football team in the world at that time which was the Rovers.

The person charged with obtaining the strip went to Southampton, England but failed to get the Rovers strip so bought the strip of the local team; red and white stripes.  The away strip is sometimes blue and white quarters I believe in honour of the Rovers.

 

Pretty sure that’s my Atletico Madrid have the red and white stripe tops and the rovers shorts and socks but don’t quote me on that 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Pretty sure that’s my Atletico Madrid have the red and white stripe tops and the rovers shorts and socks but don’t quote me on that 😅

Both Atletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao were formed by Basques. Both used the blue and white Rovers colours and now both play in red and white stripes. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And both were managed by former Rover Fred Pentland, to some success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.