BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town 29.12.19

Having done the preview for the home game against Town I thought I may as well do the return one, which is effectively a home fixture for me and the small, but loyal group of Rovers fans living in the Kirklees council district.

The home fixture produced a 2-2 draw with both teams having mixed fortunes since, Town just escaping the relegation zone and Rovers brushing off a poor October to begin an unbeaten run that sees us on the brink of the play-offs. 

Rovers are sure to have a good following and with Town having a significant number of season ticket holders, the game should be almost sold out.

Town are still finding life tough in the Championship but the signs are that they have enough quality to consolidate in the division. There’s no doubt this game will be a tough one for Rovers particularly without Bradley Dack, who isn’t likely to feature again for Rovers until the end of next year. Whether Rovers jump into the transfer market to replace him remains to be seen, but in the meantime it gives other Rovers players an opportunity. 

With Town hanging on at the end to beat Forest in their last home game and apparently having chances to get a result at Boro on Boxing Day it will be interesting to see if Rovers can maintain their recent unbeaten run. 

At 30 quid a ticket and recent disappointing performances i wouldn't be too sure of a big following but anything around 1500 is decent.

Think we'll grind out a draw here, calling the team selection and set up under this mon is like calling the lottery numbers...impossible.  How he'll set them up is equally as hard but one thing is easier to call it usually ends up in a similar performance.  However we seem more resilient these days so i think there's enough about us for another draw.

Hudds   1   Rovers  1 

1,262  travellers

• K-Hod pinned this topic

3 wins at home all season and 6 defeats. Another good opportunity if we get ourselves sorted.

I expect a defeat. Two very poor displays at home, players celebrating not losing and a manager back to his usual style of needless chopping and changing.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

3 wins at home all season and 6 defeats. Another good opportunity if we get ourselves sorted.

I expect a defeat. Two very poor displays at home, players celebrating not losing and a manager back to his usual style of needless chopping and changing.

Exactly what I was coming in to say.

I can't see anything but a defeat here, those two home games have set us up for another Mowbray horror run unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Downing

Bennett Travis Johnson Rothwell

Armstrong Graham

subs: Leutwiler Williams Buckley Brereton Holtby, Gallagher Evans

Why Benett when he's obviously not good enough and has shown it countless times?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

players celebrating not losing 

Noticed this too. The ‘the unbeaten run continues’ and ‘still unbeaten’ tweets from some players yesterday evening were really annoying. How are we ever going to kick on if that’s the attitude? Players with any ambition would be tearing their hair out after our two results this week against dreadful teams.

• Like 2

Based on the assumption Nyambe and Evans are injured and Tosin is "injured".

I think Dack being out will mean Graham's chances will be limited. i.e. the post Dack and Graham lineup.

Walton

Bennett   Lenihan    Williams    Downing

Travis       Johnson

Armstrong       Holtby       Rothwell

Gallagher

Just now, frosty said:

Noticed this too. The ‘the unbeaten run continues’ and ‘still unbeaten’ tweets from some players yesterday evening were really annoying. How are we ever going to kick on if that’s the attitude? Players with any ambition would be tearing their hair out after our two results this week against dreadful teams.

I remember Huddersfield setting a League record for unbeaten games in League One not long ago with 40 odd unbeaten. They failed to get promoted. 

I'm all for taking positives and not losing games but we'd have been better beating Wigan and losing yesterday than drawing both and remaining unbeaten.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, frosty said:

this is what you get with journeymen players,who are no doubt satisified with their effort,like iv`e stated before,we have to many of them,the likes of bennett,williams,bell and evans would be binned within a month under a fresh manager with ambition

Gallagher and Graham up top for me. They’ve had success as a central pairing before. SG works hard and can run on to things with the benefit of Graham’s hold-up play.

But hard to predict which way Tony will swing at any time, let alone planning for the rest of the season without Dack.

Edited by CD_93

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

this is what you get with journeymen players,who are no doubt satisified with their effort,like iv`e stated before,we have to many of them,the likes of bennett,williams,bell and evans would be binned within a month under a fresh manager with ambition

And don't forget that none of these could play in the premier league anyway, so why would they be arsed about promotion? They'd only have to leave then so there is no incentive for this group.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Needless chopping and changing?

Im not privy to team matters from within (I’m seemingly one of the only ones judging by a few recent posts!) but wouldn’t you say at least 3 are enforced? Possibly four? Dack, Evans, Graham and Downing?

Equally a rather poor showing from Rothwell, and a few tired legs around during the lacklustre Wigan performance?

---------------------Walton

Bennett--Lenihan--Williams--Downing

---------------Travis------Johnson

Rothwell-------Buckley---------Armstrong

-------------------Gallagher

This is assuming Nyambe and Tosin are both injured.

It's bullshit that we don't have any genuine wingers. I was going to put out a 4-4-2 but Downing is the only one we have and he's needed at left back.

12 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

And don't forget that none of these could play in the premier league anyway, so why would they be arsed about promotion? They'd only have to leave then so there is no incentive for this group.

I'm sure Tony would trust them and they know it. He can't be knocked for his loyalty to players. 

Just now, davulsukur said:

---------------------Walton

Bennett--Lenihan--Williams--Downing

---------------Travis------Johnson

Rothwell-------Buckley---------Armstrong

-------------------Gallagher

This is assuming Nyambe and Tosin are both injured.

It's bullshit that we don't have any genuine wingers. I was going to put out a 4-4-2 but Downing is the only one we have and he's needed at left back.

I would agree with that team,or Holtby for Buckley. Why no Nyambe though? I actually dont mind Bennett there either