Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town 29.12.19

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Adarabioyo Downing

Travis Johnson

Armstrong Holtby Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Williams, Evans, Chapman, Gallagher, Brereton, Rankin-Costello

If Nyambe doesnt make it, I would put Travis at RB and Evans next to Johnson, not ideal but better than having Bennett in the team.

Holtby has to start and be given a run as a number 10. He was a bit of a coup when we signed him but the problem was always that he played where our best player plays and it was about fitting him in as best we can, with minimal success. Now is the time with very poor alternatives to play alongside Graham to give him a run there.

Armstrong up front means that half of the attacks we muster are broken down by his inability to understand the offside rule, and our 12m pair are not up to it.

1 hour ago, bluefred said:

If the last two games are anything to go off all I can see is a good hiding on 

the horizon at Huddersfield, those last two home games were piss poor performances .

Completely baffling his team selections and tactics for the last 2 games, particularly given the cohesion, spirit and form shown in the 4 games prior to that. Also, what a missed opportunity to regain some kudos with the extra thousands who ventured to Ewood over the festive period. It has the feel of another headlong dive into a sequence of poor results, each of which reinforces our lack of credentials as serious contenders for a playoff berth. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we started to pick up again, and played with some confidence and swagger. However my strong feeling  of deja vu that is a result of other purple patches after which we've flattered to deceive, suggests we will come back down the M62 with our tail between our legs.

COYB!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I would put Travis at RB

Has he ever played at right back for the 1st team? 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Armstrong up front means that half of the attacks we muster are broken down by his inability to understand the offside rule, and our 12m pair are not up to it.

You say this but he has beaten last season goal tally already and could be a way of replacing Dack goals by playing him up front

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

I remember Huddersfield setting a League record for unbeaten games in League One not long ago with 40 odd unbeaten. They failed to get promoted. 

I'm all for taking positives and not losing games but we'd have been better beating Wigan and losing yesterday than drawing both and remaining unbeaten.

Agree would rather have beaten wigan and lost to bham. These unbeaten streaks are meaningless if there are too many draws.

This mentality is one of the most different aspects of the championship vs the prem. In the prem, it's all about unbeaten runs and ensuring rivals don't pick up 3 points from you, hence draws are important. In the championship it's far more important to win games, I couldn't really care less about unbeaten runs. It is better to win 7 and loose 3 in a 10 game period then win 4 draw 6. 

Hopefully 3 points vs huddersfield to get us back on track!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

Really good following especially after the last 2 home games. 

Travelled down for both and couldn't face another game like them. Piss poor. Hoping for a hungry bristol city away performance.

Given the line up in Thursday I imagine there will be 5 or 6 changes for this one and the line up should be much stronger, quietly confident 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has he ever played at right back for the 1st team? 

You say this but he has beaten last season goal tally already and could be a way of replacing Dack goals by playing him up front

I dont think so but I know that Bennett is absolute shite wherever he plays so what is the harm in trying it?

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I dont think so but I know that Bennett is absolute shite wherever he plays so what is the harm in trying it?

why would I want to move our best player in centre midfield to right back where he hasn't played for first team. Travis is the best centre midfield player we have. He has been very good so breaking into the 1st team

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Adarabioyo Downing

Travis Johnson

Armstrong Holtby Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Williams, Evans, Chapman, Gallagher, Brereton, Rankin-Costello

If Nyambe doesnt make it, I would put Travis at RB and Evans next to Johnson, not ideal but better than having Bennett in the team.

Holtby has to start and be given a run as a number 10. He was a bit of a coup when we signed him but the problem was always that he played where our best player plays and it was about fitting him in as best we can, with minimal success. Now is the time with very poor alternatives to play alongside Graham to give him a run there.

Are you seriously asking Mowbary to play a quality player in his preferred position, too much Brandy in the Xmas Pud.

• Like 1

Just now, OJRovers said:

The team selection will no doubt leave everyone (including the players) confused. I'm expecting something random like Bennett playing no.10 again like last season.

Not at all OJ. People like to moan about everything these days

Bennett played the 10 role against Brentford at home which we WON 1 nil!!! Palmer scored