BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town 29.12.19

8 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I can see us lining up like this.

LINEUP111577492929339.png

Decent team from the squad we have. I’d be ok with that - maybe starting with Graham and Gallagher coming on later though. I just hope Buckley is used as an understudy to Travis or Johnson though and not out wide.

Hope Adarabioyo is back - our defence looks so much stronger with him and Downing in it.

Sadly I can see Bennett starting.

Just now, Madon said:

I'm hoping Chapman makes the squad tomorrow. There is no need for 3 strikers on the bench, you're never going to bring Samuel, Graham and Brereton on and Chapman offers something different. 

I don't care if he has been mediocre for the U23s, we all know how good he is on his day, he's got the X factor and sometimes when the clock strikes 70 and we are 1 - 0 down he's the type of person you want to bring on.

Agreed.

Admittedly barely seen much of the U23 team but hes notches a few goals lately too.

In fairness he must struggle to motivate himself sometimes playing for them, he didnt come to Ewood to play reserve team football, at the very least he needs a place on the bench and 20 mins game time.

• Like 1

We are 3 points behind 4th place, who would've thought we could be here just a month or so ago.

Most teams are inconsistent around us (thankfully), and a return to winning ways would be very encouraging.

If Evans and Tosin are fit I'd try a slightly different formation.

Walton

Nyambe        Lenihan           Tosin       Downing

Travis                 Evans    

Johnson             

Holtby                                            Rothwell

Gallagher

Subs: Leutwiler, Williams, Chapman, Brereton, Graham, Bennett, Armstrong

Had a quick look at Huddersfield website and they have an opposition 'one's to watch', and they have Williams as 'one to watch'.??

Edited by Doug

Just now, Doug said:

We are 3 points behind 4th place, who would've thought we could be here just a month or so ago.

Most teams are inconsistent around us (thankfully), and a return to winning ways would be very encouraging.

If Evans and Tosin are fit I'd try a slightly different formation.

Walton

Nyambe        Lenihan           Tosin       Downing

Travis                 Evans    

Johnson             

Holtby                                            Rothwell

Gallagher

Subs: Leutwiler, Williams, Chapman, Brereton, Graham, Buckley, Armstrong

Had a quick look at Huddersfield website and they have an opposition 'one's to watch', and they have Williams as 'one to watch'.??

Well it is pantomime season

• Like 4

With Dack, Nyambe and Evans probably out I Think we may start like this knowing Hudds will line up: 4-5-1

Walton

Bennett, Lenihan, Tosin, Downing

Rothwell, Travis, Johnson, Holtby

Armstrong, Gallagher

Hope for a Place on the bench for Chapman.

Bench: Leutwiler, Bell, Brereton, Graham, Chapman, Buckley, Williams.

I'd rather play Holtby in Dack’s role, or as a deep-lying playmaker rather than the inverted-winger thing we got going on now.

For me, it would be a flat 4-4-2

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin(?) Downing

Chapman Johnson Holtby Rothwell

Gallagher Graham

2 hours ago, Madon said:

I'm hoping Chapman makes the squad tomorrow. There is no need for 3 strikers on the bench, you're never going to bring Samuel, Graham and Brereton on and Chapman offers something different. 

I don't care if he has been mediocre for the U23s, we all know how good he is on his day, he's got the X factor and sometimes when the clock strikes 70 and we are 1 - 0 down he's the type of person you want to bring on.

Agreed. A chalk on your boots type winger might help our non-scoring strikers too. Against Wigan it felt like Nyambe and Downing were doing the flanks all by themselves while we had Holtby and Buckley out wide against Birmingham.

So it felt like everything kept coming inside, making us pretty easy to defend against and strikers like Gallagher basically redundant. He’s not really gonna get involved in any link-up play on the floor on the edge of the box.

Wingers coming inside can work well if you’ve got full backs flying past them and offering a threat going forward when they do come inside. I like Nyambe but I think it’s clear he’s not much of an attacking threat, while Bell just isn’t very good...

Edited by frosty
  • Like 1

Big game for us after two disappointing draws.

Our rivals for the top 6 are playing 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th in the league all at home! so a defeat is likely to leave us 6 points + GD off the playoffs!

All teams from 4th to 10th are at home except ourselves.

Bristol City: Luton (H) - 22nd

Swansea: Barnsley (H) - 23rd

Forest: Wigan (H) - 24th

Preston: Reading (H) - 15th

Fulham: Stoke (H) - 21st

Sheff Wed: Cardiff (H) - 11th

I'm going and looking forward to a sell out. Will head to Magic Rock brewery for a few beforehand, nice place if you've not been before.

3 hours ago, frosty said:

I like Nyambe but I think it’s clear he’s not much of an attacking threat, while Bell just isn’t very good...

He is if a decent right midfielder can be found to play with him.  Needs a bit of work on his final ball but he's got a bit of pace, strong upper body and fancies himself to beat a man.  

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

Perhaps if we sing :- We've a star man not playing on the right.

His name is Harry Chapman.

And he's ****ing dynamite    

rather more appropiate would be -we`ve  a star man not playing on the right

his name is harry chapman

and mowbray thinks he`s shite

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, Amo said:

I reckon Chapman might make the bench for our FA Cup game, if he’s lucky.

To be honest, I bet it’s hard to stay motivated when you do bits in the u23’s and Armstrong gets picked regardless.

• Like 2

Just now, den9112 said:

I believe TM was not happy at HC for not turning up at a charity event a while ago..It's TM way of teaching him a lesson or so i have been told..

I'm bored with all this stuff. We had similar last season with a player (can't remember who it was just now) being 'punished' or 'taught a lesson' by Mowbray for off the pitch actions.

I fear Mowbray puts way too much time and energy into thinking about off the pitch stuff and into maintaining his happy campers regime rather than just focusing on who is doing the business during games and on the training ground.

I've seen Chapman for the u23s numerous times this season and can safely say his performances havent warranted a place in the first team. Having said that with Dack out and seemingly no more money to spend Mowbray is going to have to get more from HIS signings like Chapman, Brereton, Gallagher, Holtby.

I have to say I've been disappointed with Holtby's contributions to games so far. Expected more and don't see where the hype is justified.

• Like 3

Some players could piss in Mowbrays tea cup everyday and still get picked. Others well they only seem to have to look at him the wrong way but the way he chops and changes you'd really have to piss him off not to get a chance.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1